Official transformerscard set coming fall 2012

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by FBWASH, Oct 6, 2012.

1. FBWASH

FBWASH Member

Hey everyone , here's all 125 cards I did. The set is going to be released by Enterplay/Breygent Marketing with various artist working on these original pieces of artwork

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PLEASE NOTE : THESE SAMPLES ARE MY AP's (NFS at this time)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  2. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Cool. I look forward to buying them. Better stock up on Ultra Pro card sleeves while I'm at it.

3. FBWASH

FBWASH Member

I'm actually going to buy some packs as well, even though I worked on this set. I'll be posting more of the other artist work. Which is all full color and no human characters... Um I mean. No MAIN human characters. This is a true Transformers set for the fandom

4. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No interest in the movie ones but I'd buy all the G1 cards.

-ZacWilliam, if they are something I see in a store they'll be something I buy. :)  Also, why is Rewind glowing like Capt. Universe?

5. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    *sees Brawl* sick!

*sees Blast Off* hell yes!

*sees Bruticus* *nerdgasm*

*sees Onslaught* :bowdown: 

*sees Swindle* one more to go

*sees Vortex* i'm sold. take my money

6. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love Transformers and I love trading cards, so needless to say I'm looking forward to collecting these.

7. Wild Eevee

Wild Eevee Well-Known Member

Awesome! Is there going be a Skylynx ?

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Neat! So these are layouts, and other artists are going to do their own versions?

9. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    These I will buy.

10. FBWASH

FBWASH Member

Hey everyone wassup and WOW- I wasn't expecting to see so many positive responses to my cards, when I woke up. But it sure does start my day off in a great light. I'm going to try and explain a little bit about these cards and the overall set.

1) Sketch Cards measure 2.5 x 3.5 and are ORIGINAL artwork and definitely not printed trading cards. That is why the value for cards can be very high among collectors/dealers. The Topps Transformers sketch cards were done mostly b/w and are currently on EBAY : transformers sketch card | eBay Transformers sketch card eBay I actually have some of my BotCon cards up now.

2) I'm not a regular Transformers artist but I have done artwork for Fun Publications/BotCon Chase Cards. My first Chase Card was 2011 SG Racage and this year was RatBat and SlugFest. We'll see who they use from the artwork i did for the 2013 season.

3) I honestly can not tell you where to find the Transformers Card Packs- You'll have to contact Tom at Breygent and possible suggest a store or distributor to purchase packs for you. I'm not sure, how that all works out but Tom can explain it to you better.

4) EnterPlay/Breygent Marketing are the companies putting out this card set which they licensed from Hasbro. Breygent will be having a booth at the NYCC- So if your able to go- Definitely see TOM and ask him about the set.
    Tom Breyer Email : tom@breygent.com
    Breygent Marketing : Breygent Marketing, Inc.

5) The artist working on this set were give rules of what we could and couldn't draw and had to sign an agreement. We were not allowed to draw actors or people as the main image on the card. All images had to be the TF Characters, most of the body with a background of some sort and full color. We were allowed to draw characters from Generation 1, The Bay-Former Films & TF : Prime. I'm a fan of G1 and knew that a bulk of my cards would be the characters from the era. Since the TF Universe is vast, I had to pic and choose who I LIKED and pretty much who really intrigued me as a character. So unfortunately, I couldn't draw everyone... And I decided to draw the Bay-Formers because I know that many artist might not have drawn them. To be fair, I wanted top see if I could adapt them to my style of illustration and I'm very pleased on how they came out.
    * I will say that I will be opening up slots for my own personal sketch cards and I can draw anything you want with some restrictions of course - LOL

5) I know that the TFan Base would love to own original artwork depicting their favorite characters. I will say that I have about 60 sketch cards done by different artist and depicting various robots and kaijus, I love... And it's addictive. Many of the artist aren't known to this community but after seeing their interpretations of your favorite TF character. I believe they're going to get many of you excited.

6) My style in my humble opinion is based off of the artist I admired when i grew up and those three are : Jack Kirby, Herb Trimpe & John Byrne. I love trying to inject a lot of energy in my artwork with an emphasis on having FUN with the art. There are some artist who are really technical about the look of TF characters and I'm not one of them :) 

7) Rewind - Has a FLARE attack that can blind a foe. I love the G1 characters because they actually had special powers/weapons.

8) I would like to also say that there's no guarantee that you'll get my card when the packs come out. Getting a sketch card is like a scavenger hunt and that's the addiction of it. Someone may score the card you want and you can either TRADE or BUY IT from them.

9) Here's the other artist that have contributed to this card set. Please NOTE that I will be copying & pasting from other sites that i have posted these images. It really saves more time than trying to edit it :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

James Erik Hodson
    [​IMG]

Gary Kezele
    [​IMG]

Scott Zambelli
    [​IMG]

Rich Molinelli
    [​IMG]

Hey Everyone, I'd like to present some of Lin Workman's Transformer Samples : LinWorkman.com – The official site for artist Lin Workman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OMG, Brent Engstrom's Transformers Cards are Amazing : BRENT ENGSTROM'S BLOG: Transformers Sketch Cards for Breygent Marketing

[​IMG]

Rich Molinelli has just displayed some more samples : http://www.facebook.com/Rich.A.Molinelli

[​IMG]

Here's some more Scott Zambelli : Home - The Art of Scott ZambelliTransformers Samples

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey everyone, here's the newest batch of Transformers Sketch Card previews from the talented Denise Parrish :Denise Parrish Designs

[​IMG]

More samples of artwork from the Transformers Card set due out this fall from the talented Isaiah Mcallister - zaymac's deviantART gallery

[​IMG]

Rich Molinelli has posted all of the Transformers cards he did for the set : http://www.facebook.com/Rich.A.Molinelli

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mary Bellamy's Transformers Cards Preview is up :Zorilita - The Online Gallery of Mary Bellamy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, here's some more Transformers Sketch Cards from the talented Chris Meeks : http://www.facebook.com/chris.meeks.96

[​IMG]

Close Up of the BumbleBee Puzzle Card :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    I'm in love with your G1 cards in the first post. I get a Marvel UK G1 vibe from them.

12. FBWASH

FBWASH Member

Thank you. I grew up in the 70's & 80's and remember when comics were colored with dyes. They were so vibrant and YES, a lot of imperfections, But overall it was fun and captured the senses.
    The sad thing is that the scanner is unable to really pick up the florescent gel pen colors that I use. Which really give a neon-like look to the cards.

13. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very... odd mix of characters.

You got my attention just by having red Rumble and red helmet Ratchet. Too bad Blaster has the right color face but not the shades like the Marvel comics.

14. FBWASH

FBWASH Member

Yeah, I'm eclectic that way in mix-matching characters. From the toys to the illustrations from other artist. I just recently purchased the Transformers Complete ARK and I am in heaven. This is the reference book I needed and even though it's all b/w - It really is a treasure :cool: 

15. FBWASH

FBWASH Member

Hey everyone Frankie B here and I'm currently opening up my commissions using the slot system. this means that it's a first come basis until the next slot round. For October there's 25 slots available. Here's my Commission Rate

Personal Sketch Card : 2.5 x 3.5
    One Character - limited or non-environment
    *Additional character - add $10
    ( I use pen&ink,markers & gel pens)

B/W with Tone $20
    Full Color $30

Payment : I accept PayPal, Personal Check or Money Order
    * Note : If you send a check expect a few days to clear before I start work.

My PayPal address is : (Will be sent when the slot has been filled)

(Please note that payment must be paid upfront for sketch card commission)
    ( $5.00 s/h for United States)
    ( $13.00 s/h Canada & International )

* Please note that combined shipment is offered- there is a 10 card limit. Be aware that over this limit will result in an additional full s/h charge depending on where you live.

* I have the right to refuse offers of doing art which I deem vulgar and/or profane. I'll work with you to reach a compromise but don't expect gory, rated X stuff from me.
    I also would like to say that, I value the originality of each of my pieces. I will not replicate a work but will create a new version based off of the layout you may happen to like.

If you have questions please feel free to pm me here or contact me at frankiebwashington@gmail.com

My webpage : The Artwork Of Frankie B. Washington
    Please feel free to read my recommendations to help give you a sense of ease that you are dealing with a professional illustrator. Who understands and respects the client. I look forward to drawing something special for you.

* Samples of my artwork can be viewed here : fbwash's deviantART gallery

[​IMG]

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Gimee. GimmeGimmeGimme. I want these cards!

Also, since you're opening up your own personal cards for commission, are you willing to do OC's? I have a custom figure named Burnout (made from the Movie Camshaft figure) I'd love to have on a card.

17. FBWASH

FBWASH Member

Sure, Personal Sketch cards aren't locked down by the rules of Licensing. As long as you send me enough reference material and an brief idea of what your looking for. I can fly with it ;)