Official Toy Fair 2008 Discussion - Updated Sunday 5:05pm

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Optimus Clyde

Optimus Clyde Space Trucker

News Credits:
    Biggest surprise from Transformers Universe: Powerglide.

Biggest letdown from Transformers Universe: Powerglide's paint job.

What the hell? They're oh-so-careful to make Prowl and Sunstreaker look G1-accurate. And Galvatron is at least reminiscent of his original colors. But what's the deal with the Jetfire paint job on Powerglide?! Hasbro, if you're so bent on NOT painting him in his original colors (which I hope you will anyway), could you at least give him an accurate, real-world, military paint job? Army green/camo? Air Force... what is that, gray, pale blue? Or at least switch the white with something else! The red is a nice touch (reminds me of Tuskegee Redtails), but I don't want to pass on this one because somebody had Ratchet on their mind when choosing the colors. What a drag!

Now that I'm done griping, I think just about everything else looks great! I LOVE the new Universe stuff. The Animated line looks awesome all around. (Good job, Hasbro!) And the new Animated Soundwave is making me squeal!! The re-concept is ingenious! (They kind of beat me to an idea on that one.)

Kind of eeeeh about the Universe Voyager repaints, but I like that Blaster is back. He really needs a new head and a different mini-con, though. But I might pick him up anyway just because.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  2. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I see thats, whatever the name he's badass thats for sure. Still very impressive stuff from Toy Fair '08, well looking forward to see them on the shelves very soon.

3. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great updates guys! Looks likes a great show. Now we can save up our money til these babies come out!

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

*cough cough*

Ahem.

But yeah... he's a cement truck who works with chemicals, with a crazy streak... but G1 Mixmaster was much more of a construction chemist gone wild, reveling in melting down materials. This guy is basically the TF equivalent of a bio-weapons engineer.

Like Smog. :confused2 

zmog

5. Lt.col. alexander powers

Lt.col. alexander powers threat level Gamma

The Galvatron tank mode looks really familiar to me, I see a potential kitbash …
    [​IMG]

6. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I see where you're coming from but I've always liked how distinctive the faction symbols are, they're sometimes the one thing that ties the different groups together and it gives them a sense of unity. If that makes any sense, I'm terrible at making myself understood. :( 

With regards to the animation, I noticed while watching "Along came a spider" yesterday that they've been getting better. There's some scenes with Bulkhead close up where he has a great looking tradtional symbol.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  7. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lots of interesting stuff.
    Quick roundup :

The Good - Universe Prowl, Sunstreaker, Leader Bulkhead, Leader Megs, Soundwave, Activators, Jazz, Slag/Snarl, Voyager Prime and most of the other animated stuff and Robot Heroes.

The Okay - Powerglide (love the mold, hate the white), Onslaught. Galvatron, Oil Slick, Marvel TFs.

The Bad - Octane/Tankor (boring), Blaster (Liked him as Soundwave), Heavy Load, Roll Out command Optimus.

8. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

Ok, I love the Animated Jazz Figure (want to do a repaint into Stepper/Ricochet). However the side view mirrors are buggin me, I would deffinently replace them.

9. Lt.col. alexander powers

Lt.col. alexander powers threat level Gamma

10. Urlacher5454

Urlacher5454 Well-Known Member

Ok so I was in Walmart waiting for some tires to get put on, so I figured I'd go see the transformers section to see truly how big or should I say small my beloved Galvatron will be and by looking at the other deluxe figures he is gonna be wicked tiny. I didnt realize how small the deluxe figures were. They only had movie figures but I'd assume the classics deluxe figures will be the same size. He really needed to be a leader class.

11. butz

butz slippery when wet

Leader class would've been waaay too fucking big.

12. Urlacher5454

Really think so? So you like the size he is then?

13. Urlacher5454

I made a mistake in my initial post. I meant to say he should have been a voyager class figure. Sorry for the mix-up.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally would have prefered him to be Ultra, like Hasbro had origionaly planned (that's the size class they said he was currently planned for back when we first heard that he would be in the line, which was quite some time ago, so there was plenty of time for a change like this to happen). At the same time, I'm happy with him as he is. He'll make for a nice apponent for my Titanium RID Optimus Prime that I have.

15. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I'm fine with Galvy being a Deluxe. One case where Bigger isn't Better(at least I think so), is the two Energon Megatron toys. I like the smaller sized one much more.

16. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Is that... Blaster? What the. This is wrong. Enough with re-decos.

Soundwave is totally AWESOME!!! Must have!!!
    I'm impressed by these Animated designs. They're so expressive.

17. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Honestly, I really don't get all the hate for Galvatron. Did he need to be bigger? Sure. I personally would have prefered him to be either Voyager or Ultra Class, but at the same time I do enjoy the way he turned out. Still, I guess I can understand why some people are dissapointed with him.

As for me... given all the other wicked awesome Classics and Animated (not to mention reissues and MPs from TakaraTomy) I may or may not get him myself based on his size alone... probably going to have to see him in person before I decide completely, but it's more to do with finances and him not being right at the top of my list because he's a deluxe and I think he should be bigger.

Just my two cents though.

18. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

...Yes.

That's the word I've been looking for. Expressive! They really are. Oh, and I've got a quick question for whoever has good eyes, because I'm not sure if mine are right. Is Leader Class Megatron's mouth open? It looks like he's screaming, or something. While I love the facial expressions these toys have, I'm not sure I want that one on such a perfect Leader Class fig.

19. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Check youtube for the videos, both leaders have animatronic heads with moving mouths.