Official Tekken 6 discussion... anybody?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Smasher, Dec 8, 2008.

1. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Tekken 6 is pretty cool. I have Tekken 5 (I like that intro way better--Sparking rules), but Jinpachi's cheapness rivaled SNK levels and turned me off from getting into it. Azazel (on Arcade mode and Arena) was hard until I learned to turtle him until the round ends.

I was doing fine in SC until I kept getting raped by Alisa (1st fight) over and over last night. I just learned that the item benefits don't stack, so I can customize Lars a little further than just equipping health and damage items.

Fortunately, I chose Devil Jin as my unlockable character after the tutorial, so I don't have to kill myself on the Nightmare Train.

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Nope, Can't finish any of the three. To finish Nightmare Train you need to farm for A and S ranked items. I have 78% and 55% item drop bonuses and have been farming Nightmare train. I'm lucky to get one treasure per try but but they're usually A rank.

I can get to Moku easily but when he has his partners I get destroyed. Ive managed to take him down to 43% but 4 more showed up and my partner was down.

I can't even get very far into Yoshi's stage.

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So if one use DJ on Nightmare train, the "boss" won't be him?

Yeah, I customising and getting A and S ranked items are the key. I'm replaying some of the stages on hard mode to farm for better items. Personally the stage that I find the most challenging is Kazuya's stage!

I completed Yoshi and Mokus' stages on norml mode. I wasn't keen on campaign mode but in the end I find myself playing alot of it!

4. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    The customization is a huge improvement over Tekken 5. And I also like how in Campaign they figured out a clever way to implement the entire moveset (I think, though in GI's review they said it was "castrated"). Over all it's leaps and bounds ahead of T5.

5. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

I never really have gotten into VF or Tekken(do have 1 2 and TT though) always been about the DoA(got 1, 2, Ultimate 1 and 2, 3 and 4) fighters when it comes to 3d style fighting for me, yeah the eye candy helps(Nina Williams just doesn't match up with the DoA chicks) but i still like the fighters styles more as well.

But once Tekken 6 hits cheapness i might get it :p 

6. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i got this after xmas for a tenner.

pleasantly surprised, i didn't really like the feel of 5, 6 reminds me more of 2-3 in terms of its 'personality'. enjoying it a lot more than i thought i would. also it scares me how i can remember 10 hit combos from ten years ago, but i cant remember what i was doing yesterday.

also most people online seem to be terrible, i played some dude with over 500 wins and 200 losses, and i kicked the crap out of him. maybe he took my 0-0 record not seriously.

also this game has yodelling.

7. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Glad you liked it, man! I'm more of a Tekken fan than compared to the other fighting games. I agree - I find Tekken 6 to be more "rounded" in personality.

I don't go online these days because despite "fixing" the lag, my crappy connection ruins it for me. It doesn't help that the characters I use are so dependent on the lag. I use Law, Paul and King.

Which characters do you use? :) 

8. smangerbot

Asuka is my main, with a bit of Lei Wulong and Law. i also used to use king 100% of the time for t3, but i cant rememeber any of his combo throws these days. i also mess about with most of the guys from before tekken tag. kinda want to learn Zafina as well... dat ass!

the game definately feels more fun compared to 5, with the flying sheep and all :)  reminds me much more of the tekken i used to love.

what system you have it on?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  9. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Dad took the PS2 with him and it's staying with him for the next year while he's deplyed soooo that gives me a reason to buy this for the PS3

10. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh yeah is Ling Xiaou in this game

11. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Sorry for the late reply...its the start of the new year and I haven't been touching the game quite awhile due to work. My console is the PS3!

Whoa! I'm impressed that you're using Lei! He's one of the characters that I always wanted to use but could never grasp the complexity of his stances! X)

I get what you mean with King. I initially forgot all his throw combos such the the side step link throws, King's bridge, Rolling Death Cradle, Dragon Sleeper etc! LOL!

I find that as the Tekken series progresses, its getting harder and harder to use King's linked throws on an opponent unlike say Tekken 1-3? Blah! X)

12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    The last one I played is 5DR, how does this one compare, and is it better playability wise?

13. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

A friend of mine, who is like a fighting game genius (and my Soul Calibur nemesis), is trying to convince me to get into Tekken. My problem is that now that the game is up to #6 and it has alot of characters, Im dumb founded at who I could even go with. How newbie friendly is Tekken 6? I'm not the button masher type of player and like to know how to do the moves, or at least aware of all the moves, of each character in a game.

If I was to get started, who would be a good basic character to start playing?

14. magmatron

magmatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lars seems like an easy to use character.

15. PaladinVance

PaladinVance Watch your step.

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I keep eyeing the "special edition" or whatever it's called that has the wireless fight-stick and the game for $100, anyone know if the stick is anygood, or at least where I could find a review of same?

And, as for gameplay, haven't played Tekken since Tag, although I mostly played 3 in the day, hows it compare?

16. smangerbot

most of the characters movesets haven't really changed, the last one i spent any time with was tag, and i've dropped right back in. HWOAAAAARRANNNG is still cheapo, but i find it easy to deal with Eddy/Christie kick mashers by sidestepping.

as for the joystick, i dont know anything about it. personally i wouldn't go with wireless unless its rechargeable via the usb or something.

17. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    From what I read from the various Tekken Zaibatsu forums (which is an amazing forum), T6 is considered to be "tigher" in terms of game-play than T5DR.

In terms of playability, I find it more fun compared to T5 because of the new moves. But then again, it could be due to the characters I use - Law, Paul and King. It seems that the first 2 characters have received a massive upgrade in terms of move-lists etc, giving them a better chance against other characters - especially through juggles.

On the other hand, some characters have been "nerfed". For example, Heichachi has lost his d/f+Left Punch, Right Punch launcher.

I don't use Lars but I use characters like Paul and Law. It is difficult to recommend which characters to use because while the best and effective method is to "launch and juggle" an opponent (hence the most dangerous position IMO is to crounch IMO), the different characters have their own unique style. Here's some examples,

i) Paul - effective in terms of defensive play and counter. His Phoenix Smasher does insane damage for a 1 move-hit (QCF+2) but one can poke him out of it. On the other hand, he also doesn't have enough fast strings as compared to Law or Bryan.

Good for a beginner character to get a "feel" of the game.

ii) Law - effective in terms of pokes and counter-hits. Easy to start off and but difficult to master. For example, some of his moves can be "short-cut" into his Dragon Stance (1+2) moves. For example, Left Kick, Right Kick, b,f,b,f (Dragon Stance)

I suggest visiting the Zaibatsu forums. To get a basic idea of some of the characters' strategies.

Just a quick tip for the notations:

Left Punch (LP) = 1
    Right Punch (RP) = 2
    Left Kick (LK) = 3
    Right Kick (RK) = 4

Allocating numbers can help a player remember moves or juggles better. For example,

Law:

d/f + 2, f+2,2, b+2,2, f,f+2,1,3

or a longer one for King:

King's Rolling Death Cradle will be (if I remembered the sequences correctly:

d, DF+2+3; 2,1,3, (2+1+3); (1+3,3+4, 2+4, 1+2, 1+2+3)

Although the core of moves of the characters haven't changed, some of the characters have been either powered up or powerdown to er, "level" the playing field.

For example, the Mishama-style characters such as Kazuya, Heihachi and Jin.

In the previous games such as T3 and Tag, their infamous "Wind God Fist" or "Electric Wind God Fist", hits "special mid". Meaning, an opponent can crounch to block or avoid the hit.

However, since T4 (if I remember correctlym the "Wind God Fist" can be ducked or crouched to avoid being hit! :) 

18. darkmgmstr

darkmgmstr Blue Lantern Corps Member

I was browsing on ebay and I'm finding brand new copies of Tekken 6 for around $25 BIN. Anyone know why this case? Didn't this game come out within the past two months?

19. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just picked up the Limited Edition Tekken 6 over the weekend now I have me a wireless arcade stick. Still learning the moves and I am really liking what they did with the characters customizing.

20. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    There could be alot of reasons. Among them is that Tekken 6 does not have the appeal to the "Western" gamers like those in the US or Europe and dealers overstock on the game.

The thing about Tekken is that its not as "main streamed" as say, Street Fighter IV.

On the other hand, the series is popular in Asia, especially Japan and South Korea. The Koreans are so crazy about the series that I recall there's a show based on the game. What the show is about (whether it discusses about strategy or what not, I have no idea.)

Which characters are you learning dude? There are some items when equiped will allow different characters different moves. For example, Law can use his nunchuks, Nina can fire a bazooka etc.