Official Smackdown vs RAW 2010 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by bariprime, Sep 3, 2009.

1. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    Im hyped about this years SvR game.
    Here is the confirmed roster so far:
    -Chris Jericho
    -Tripple H
    -John Morrison
    -Edge
    -Undertaker
    -Rey Mysterio
    -Randy Orton
    -John Fag Cena
    -Kofi Kingston
    -Maryse
    -Mickie James
    -Stone Cold Steve Austin (Only Pre-Order from Gamestop)
    -The Rock (Only Pre-Order from Play.com)

These are in the pre-release. In another article, a guy played a 20 Superstar version of the 2010 version. He says these are also in:
    -HBK
    -Dolph Ziggler
    -Christian
    -Vladimir Kozlov
    -MVP
    -Jack Swagger
    Here is the link:
    Early SD! vs Raw 2010 Review: New Game Details Revealed - Wrestlezone.com

Also Yoshi Tatsu was confirmed for the first DLC along with Jimmy Fallon.
    Besides 60+ roster, SvR 2010 will have a thing called "Superstar Threads". This will allow us to change the collours of the selected superstar. They also say that there will be improved Create a Superstar and Create a Finisher modes. Also in the pre-release version of the game, Chris Jericho has the WCW belt. This means we will be able to use WCW belt.

Man, I keep forgetting all the time :) 
    Road the Wrestlemania returns with 6 new Superstars. Also, this will include a Diva and a Created Superstar. Also in the E3 interview with John Morrison said that Cryme Tyme and R-Truth will be in 2010. Also in another interview with Evan Bourne, he confirmed that himself will be in the game and his finisher will be more accurate.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2009
  2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm starting to want this game more and more after watching some of the created storylines on youtube. They look really cool. Also I love that you can finally edit the colors of Superstars tights.

3. bariprime

News Credits:
    Yeah its awesome. I got it for both PSP and PS3. It is just awesome. I wont be surprised if I see myself still playing this when 2011 is about to come out.

4. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I've always had a problem with the SvR series, ever since Smackdown: Here comes the Pain (which was without a doubt the last great american wrestling game). They changed the rope physics making your dude flop the fuck around like a fish, changed the controls so it feels like I have less actual control. Fucked with the audio especially of that of the crowd and the CAW system took a huge dive.

So I hope this years release is an improvement and not another step in the wrong direction.

Then again i'm more of a Fire Pro guy :D 

5. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Yeah if only that rumor about Fire Pro getting an HD release as an Arcade title hadn't turned out to be BS. As it is I can't justify wasting any more money on WWE games as the last 2 I ended up trading in after about a week.

6. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    You get TWO cookies... and a gold star.

Make or break time... can someone tell me if there's any difference in the career mode in this one compared to SVR 2009? for some strange reason, NO ONE will go into detail about any of the features other than the story ode and CAW features...

The career mode in that one and the one before it pissed me off so much, I went BACK to HCTP.

7. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

I don't know what to do. Buy this or skip this year like I did last year... Doe anyone here have it yet?

8. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

So since you have it, maybe you can shed some light on a concern of mine. I saw in the XPlay coverage that they've done away with all HUD momentum and health displays, and that there's now a small little display under your wrestler's feet. But for the life of me I couldn't see how you can tell how hurt you and your opponent are. How's that work now?

9. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

That's correct. The HUD was replaced with a momentum meter under your wrestler. (For CPU characters it only shows the finisher icon when applicable.) Characters show limb/head damage by the way they move. (A wrestler with head damage for example will reach for his neck when he gets up.)

I've only played multi-player so far, but here's what I've got so far:

Pro:
    - Best Royal Rumble mode EVAR. (Even include the reading of the rules.) New* 3 on 1 eliminations and finisher eliminations (Pedigree into a clothesline, Flashback/Chokeslam over the top rope, etc.) and a modification of the mini-game eliminations from LOW. My one complaint is that the next wrestler's name pops up on the screen before his music starts. That minor thing is the ONLY thing I can find wrong with it.
    - Further refinement of the controls from last year. Return of the defensive recovery from No Mercy.
    - All arenas unlocked from the start.
    - New Championship scramble match.
    - Team Elimination Chamber. I love me some War Games.

Con:
    - Way too easy to spam moves (for ex. running swinging neckbreaker.) This is going to be a deal breaker for anyone who will primarily be playing online.
    - Hell in the Cell match still sucks.
    - Trying to figure out what a wrestler's signature move (not finisher) is.
    - Dusty Rhodes and Ted DiBiase (Sr.) wrestling in street clothes and a tuxedo, respectfully.
    - Hell in the Cell still sucks.
    - Still no 4 on 4 (or 5 on 5) Survivor Series match. (I don't care about crowd models and animation. Give me a true survivor series match.)

* I played 2009 once so I don't know if it was in last year's game.

10. bariprime

News Credits:
    Well sory but career mode is same BUT you can improve your created superstars ranks in any exhibition match or create-a-superstar Road to Wrestlemania. You can arrange them however you like to.

BUY IT!!! Definettely its worth. You got bunch of new stuff like story creator, superstar threads, championship scramble, improved royal rumble and create-a-superstar etc. You are able to share your creations and download others.

Yes you are right about that HUD thing. It makes it even more realastic. But like you said, you cant understand how hurt you/your opponent are. I understand it when the wrestler stars holding his head or stomack.

11. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Does the game still reset your CAW's attributes if you switch between multiple CAWS in career mode?

12. Galaxy Convoy

I see. Not sure if I like that or not. Seems it might make trying to finish someone off a guessing game. Like for example, hitting an RKO on an opponent who's holding his head, but he kicks out of the pin because his head isn't quite "in the red" yet. I'l have to wait and play this to make a final judgement.

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah. I agree with the "Here comes the Pain" comment - I love that game! The best wrestling game I own! I like the game mechanics and the cast was great! Looks like I have to pick this up based on the largely favourable comments.

14. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got the game today. I already tried out the storyline creator and also created a Batman caw. Right now Batman is in the road to wrestlemania storyline. :lol  I like how I was able to give Batman a gruffy voice to yell at Vince. This game is great.

15. Elita_One

Elita_One Метал для життя

This is the greatest wrestling game ever made that isn't called No Mercy.

I finished the CAW Road to Wrestlemania, I'm on week 4 of Orton's Road, week 3 of Edge's Road and week 10 of Mickie's Road. I've been juggling back and forth.

I love this game and the create a storyline is like watching your fantasy come true infront of your eyes.

Thanks for the flowers, Randy <3

16. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are you on PS3? IF so I'd like to see your storyline...

17. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finished Orton's RTWM. The cameo with Dusty Rhodes was hilarious. I really like how they used Legacy in it though.

18. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

I've been boycotting all the Raw vs SD games, but the favorable reviews might make me want to pick it up in the near future. Is it possible to make a Kurt Angle CAW? He's one of my favorites and I wanted to see him back to WWE, albeit in a video game.

19. Galaxy Convoy

It's probably very doable. Just make a muscular bald guy in a singlet, and apply the stars and stripes pattern to that and his knee pads, and there you go. And if you have Angle's old WWE theme, rip it to your console's hard drive for his entrance and you're all set. They may even still have Angle's entrance as a generic one in the creator too.

20. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can download created wrestlers that other people have uploaded. You could easily find an awesome Kurt Angle caw. I made one last year that was dead on with his exact move-set.