Official sequel discussion, speculation, and wish thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by General Magnus, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    This must happen. I really do hope that Bay (assuming he sticks w/ it, which I think is a safe assumption) continues to use G1 references. Most of them go over the head of the audience (no rxn to "More than meets the eye" at 2 showings), but they make fanboys happy and don't really hurt anything, so why not?

They probably have already made their $ back on the franchise if you include US, overseas, merchandise, toys, etc. And they haven't even released it globally yet, let alone had the DVD sales which I would bet would be quite big.

Bring on TF2.

2. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Some number crunching from Box Office Mojo:
    As of their last update (which does NOT include the nice Thursday numbers) Transformers has already done over 100M domestic AND international (keeping in mind we have several weeks and many more countries to open in)

Now, Fantastic Four (the first) only took in $154m in its entire domestic run, with a full worldwide gross of about $330m on a $100m budget
    Hulk's domestic was about $132m, with $245M in its worldwide gross on a $137M budget
    Superman Returns did $200M domestic, $391M Worldwide on a $270M budget

Transformers will be in great shape if we can get a domestic of at LEAST $200M with Worldwide in the $400M range, which I think is distinctly possible given the international grosses are (thus far) keeping pace with domestic. And we haven't even seen what it will do in Japan or several other international territories.

3. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    There damn well better be...I'm addicted now..

4. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Official sequel speculation and wish thread

Buzzbeak here, for fear of this forum being over run with a threads for every wish hope and desire people have for the sequel we are just going to fold them all into this one thread for now. So post away with what characters you would like to see or story elements you hope fore or what ever. Have fun.

I know this is a tad early, but just for larfs and giggles. Try and keep it realistic within what's plausible... no 'Want to see G1 Megs with size shifting GUNN NOT PLANE BLARGLE!' please.

Decepticons:

Starscream: No brainer, he's the only OBVIOUS survivor of the Decepticon side, everything else is debateable. If anyone is going to be leading in reinforcements, it's him.

Barricade: Debateable if he survived, but I'd like to see him survive, especially if he gets some more characterization/development. I like the direction he went in the Nintendo DS game... comes across as very much a Cop. A BAD cop, to be sure, but very much a Cop.

Scorponok: I still think he lived through the whole mess, and is digging around in the sand near Qatar.

Soundwave: ONLY if they can get the voice right. If I remember correctly, the original voice was Welker doing his 'Dr. Claw' voice, with all the tonality removed, and then replaced with electronic tonality. Most of the attempts to replicate it I've heard come off sounding like Cylons.

Thundercracker and Skywarp: Would be nice for Starscream to get some backup... particularly if they pop up when not expected.

Devestator: If there's some way to pull off a Dinobots vs Devestator fight, I would LOVE to see it. However, not exactly the easiest thing to do, so I can accept this not happening.

Galvatron, Cyclonus and the Sweeps, if they appear I'd rather see saved for the third movie, the big climax to the trilogy. Leave the Decepticons dumped in the ocean there for now.

Autobots:

Tracks: Blue corvette? Mebbe a chance to change Tracks' 'ambiguously gay' image. Or reinforce it, who knows?

Arcee: I wouldn't mind seeing a female Autobot. Would prefer several. If we're going to do female Transformers at all, best if we show them as a significant portion of the population, even if the others just show up as background characters.

Hot Rod/Rodimus: Optimus' son, the heir apparent, a completely spoiled little punk and not happy with the responsibility everyone keeps trying to shove onto him? Could work, could suck badly...

Prowl: If Barricade survives, we HAVE to bring in Prowl. The inherent coolness of a Good Cop/Bad Cop contfrontation is just too big to pass up. Especially if they're bandying their own takes on Law and Order back and forth as they fight.

Dinobots: If we do Devestator, this would be a good counter. Earth-born, created by the Allspark (By that fragment left at the end of the movie). Primitive, violent, difficult to control... think Pro wrestlers, except they aren't faking. As long as they don't end up as the comedic relief goofballs, this could work.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2007
  5. Finbot74

Finbot74 Dis-Member

The dinobots might be cool if they drop the whole, "Me Grimlock, you Sludge" thing. I would like to see Jetfire or Springer to give the autobots some air support.

6. The-Return2005

The-Return2005 The last Sayian on Earth

WISH LIST

AUTOBOTS:
    optimus
    jazz (with better voice)
    ironhide (with better voice)
    bumble bee (with better voice)
    cliffjumper
    wheeljack
    hound
    sideswipe
    sunstreaker
    tracks
    dinobots (not just grimlock)

DECEPTICONS:
    megatron (new form)
    starscream (with better voice)
    skywarp
    thundercracker
    soundwave
    ravege
    rumble
    reflector
    bruticus

7. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1) several sites previously posted that Shia, Megan & Cullen had been signed for 2 sequels.

2) Cullen confirmed in a few places (including BotCon) that he's been told to keep 2008 open for voice work

3) Today, at least on movies.com that Bay has confirmed TF2 is being worked on, but may not be next he directs (which I'm not surprised - TF2 has gotta be in early draft stages at this point).

So, since primary lead, primary VA, and director have all confirmed, I'd say a #2 is a done deal. Rumor @ BC was that Dreamworks is aiming for a '09 release (fits, 1 yr for post-pro, since most of the modeling software has been done).

And in this day & age, if a piece of poo like BloodRayne can get a #2, and Hulk a 2nd chance (I didn't think 1 was THAT bad), then I think TF is safe for at least 1 more round.

8. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Kept it to 5 a side

Bots:

ULTRA MAGNUS
    SIDESWIPE
    SUNSTREAKER
    HOUND
    BLADES (For aerial support, I mean c'mon)

Cons:

Blitzwing
    Shockwave (As a tank or helicopter)
    Runabout
    Runamuck (Could have 2v2 Tag team vs Swipe and Streaker!)
    Motormaster

9. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Dinobots in the sequel?

Many have speculated that the Dinobots will be in the sequel. If this happens, I reckon that it wont be DINOSAUR -> Robot, it will be Car -> Dinosaur.

It makes sense that way, because you know, robots IN DISGUISE?

Anyway thats what I think.

10. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    They could do it as Car to Robot to Dinosaur. That would work.

11. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

That sounds like an engineering nightmare.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Please god no. That would be even dumber than having robots trasform into Dinosaurs for disguise.

13. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Car to robot sounds good, seeing as the possibility of Scorponok coming back, it might be a good foe for him.

14. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

Bots:

Brawn
    Acree
    Kup
    Mirage
    Perceptor

Cons:

Blitzwing
    Shockwave
    Soundwave
    Constructicons
    Astrotrain

15. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

What about those "truckasouras" vehicules. Ya know, the giant machines they have in destruction derbys?

16. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I figure if they do Dinobots at all, they'll be those animatronic dinosaurs from a museum, animated by the allspark. Hence the dino alt modes.

That's really the only way I can see them doing it and not radically altering the whole concept of the Dinobots. Not necessarily the only way, but the best one I see for getting them as close to the spirit of the originals as possible.

17. mtalon1

mtalon1 Active Member

5 a side, huh? Ok, ignoring survivors from the first movie.

Autobots:
    Jetfire/Skyfire
    Wheeljack
    Hound
    Sunstreaker
    Sideswipe (gotta have the twins)

Decepticons:
    Shockwave
    Laserbeak
    Ravage
    Thundercracker
    Skywarp
    (left off Soundwave because any alt other than tape deck is lame, and NO MASS SHIFTING).

18. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    The following is not including the ones who survived Part 1.

Autobots:
    Grimlock
    Smokescreen
    Prowl
    Hound
    Hot Rod
    Sunstreaker
    Sideswipe
    Wheeljack
    Arcee

Decepticons:
    Soundwave
    Laserbeak & Ravage (Soundwave's drones)
    Shockwave
    Skywarp (NOT a SS repaint; maybe a stealth fighter)
    Insecticons
    Sixshot
    Wreckage
    Blackarachnia (if you're going to have a female Autobot, you need a female Decepticon to fight her!)

19. Swiftblade

Swiftblade Member

How can SoundWave make it into the sequel

Alright, now we all love Sound Wave and hope he will make it into the 2nd movie.

But I think most of you will agree that he should really not be a Tape Deck.

Tape deck idea was cool in the 80's but I don't think I can think of anyone I know that uses a tape deck. Even my mother moved to CD ^_^.

So I think we should come up with some forms he could become.

1: Some kind of you huge concert stager sound system
    2: A nice car with a sound system that make the car more sound system than car
    here is a pic for a idea.

[​IMG]

20. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really like the idea of him being a security vehicle, I saw one yesterday and those look awsome.