"Official Reissue" Statue of the Keyring reissues?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Magnus' Mate, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apologies if this has already been long since discussed and buried, but what are people's thoughts on the Fun4All keyring reissues of the mini Autobots (Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Brawn and Windcharger) with regards to their "official reissue" status? Obviously they weren't released by Hasbro, but they ARE officially licensed by them. Does this "official" weight lend to them being classed as 'proper' reissues and not KOs/bootlegs/whatever else you wanna call them?

I don't have any of these figures from the original line; what is the quality of the keyring reissues compared to the original e.g. plastic. Inferior? Good reproduction? Aside from the addition of the keyring 'slot' at the back, are there any other differences mould and size-wise between the keyring reissues and the originals?

Any info from those who have both appreciated!

2. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know about mold differences, but vintage Bumblebee is a darker yellow and vintage Windcharger has a painted face, where the keyring doesn't. Size-wise, they appear to be the same. I used keyring Brawn's legs to repair my vintage Brawn and gave replaced a loose are on vintage Bumblebee with the keychain's arm, and they fit perfectly.

3. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I've gotten really lucky with my original Minibots.. they were low cost and easy to find. That was pre-movie.

Now I even see the keychains go for $5+ sometimes.

I'd say they are just about as good. The plastic seems a little thinner on some parts to me on ones like Cliffjumper and Bumblebee. But as Rodimus Major has pointed out, the parts are interechangeable, I've used a Brawn arm to repair on my vintage one.

I'd say for the money it might be easier to track these down.

4. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Although I can't vouch for or against any changes in the mold like the size or certain details, I can say that from personal experience, the plastic quality is definitely inferior to a Hasbro-made figure. The Fun4All Bumblebee and Cliffjumper I purchased some years ago cracked very easily along the front and sides, and it wasn't as if I was putting them through tough play or anything - I was too old for that, for one, and the damage happened to Cliffjumper just from pulling him out of the blister, and Bumblebee started breaking sometime later that same day.