Official Pictures of TF Universe, Movie and Animated

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by rherk, Feb 16, 2008.

1. rherk

rherk KNERDOUT

Ebay:
  2. rherk

rherk KNERDOUT

Ebay:
    Only half are good to me

3. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Blaster and Heavy Duty. Didn't see those coming. :) 

Oh, and pics are MUCH better than the ones in the Club magazine.

4. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    I gotta admit, those boys look MUCH better in colour. Octane's scheme may even be enough to silence naysayers. On the other hand, I had no idea Powerglide would feature this much white. Someone once said that the colours define the soul of the character, and I'd a little irked by the fact that Powerglide has been modified from his dashing red to a pimp-daddy white. ¬_¬

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    oh....

I need them.

especially prowl.

6. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Prowl looks great!

7. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh these are kind of neat but I am soooo over the boring, blocky Classics/Cybertron/Energon style. Bring on Animated and more Movie toys :thumbs2: 

They are nice but they just don't do anything new or exciting for me. And I mean, in those colors. Powerglide is almost useless. Not because he's supposed to be red but because we already have a big blocky white robot in Classics.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Cybertron repaints are beyond lame, but good ideas if not too original on Blaster's part.

Octankor looks like crap.

Sunstreaker is an automatic Buy.

Prowl looks... disappointing.

Onslaught is beyond lame.

Powerglide's arms, chest and legs ruin it for me. Total suck.

Meh.

9. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

Me want!

Sunstreaker: Awesomeness personified, can't wait to see Swipe!

Prowl: even better than Streaker!

Octane: Veerrry nice

Powerglide: Cool, but needs more red

Onslaught: More combaticons please!

Blaster: Nice but needs more red and gold

Whatever his name is: Meh, couldn't care less.

I can't wait for these to come out!

10. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

All the new molds look good, although I will echo Nidaram12 at having a bit of "Cybertron fatigue." There's a bit of sloppy paint application, but I'm assuming that's because a) these photos are huge and make it more glaring, and b) these are likely painted prototypes.

Powerglide still rocks my world. He's by far my most anticipated of these figures, and not just because he's my avatar. :) 

I'm a bit concerned Prowl will be really back-heavy, with his fenders tucked behind his doors like that.

Anyhow, I guess this also confirms that we WILL be seeing some Cybertron molds repainted for Universe. Too bad they had to pick two molds I dislike so much. :p  (and c'mon, the Soundwave mold REALLY doesn't work as Balster... especially without even a new head). But this gives me hope for later repaints.

11. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Hmmm not taken with Blaster or Heavy Duty at all... the "proper" classics, however, are awesome. Prowl is ace on a stick.

12. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Warning, Wizard's page will kill your Firefox. Blaster looks kind of cool, seem to remember someone doing a kitbash exactly like it. Heavy Duty gets a big time MEH.

13. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Love em all. Powerglide would look better in all read, but I understand why the white.

i gotta get them all.. well I may pass on Heavy Duty..

14. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    http://www.wizarduniverse.com/toys.html

go through the slide show to see the pictures of the minicons and also see powerglide's alt mode since i am not sure if everyone is having probs but i can't see it through the main link

15. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

16. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The real Classics are all must-haves, with the possible exception of Powerglide. Still on the fence with that one.

The Cybertron repaints, though (what I could see of them before the site made Firefox crash), can stay on the shelf and rot. Especially Blaster.

17. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Prowl and Octane look better than ever. If I wasnt sold on those 2 before, I sure am now. Onslaught I was already sold on, but GOD he looks bad ass!

Now, here's the part where I give a knee-jerk reaction, and I hate doing that so I'll try and rein it in. This is also the part where I have to question if there's a distinction between "Universe" and "Universe Classics," because I'm curious if those Cybertron Voyagers are really meant to be Classics, and not just new Universe 1.0 repaints.

On the one hand, Blaster looks great. On the other hand, I never bought Cybertron Soundwave, and this makes it seem like (if Blaster qualifies as a Classic) he's supposed to fill in for G1 Soundwave (to match against Blaster), which doesnt quite work for me. But, if I limit myself to things that only use the Classic name, then I can easily buy Blaster and not Soundwave. But if the Voyagers dont say "classic" anywhere on the package, I can skip it just as well.

Then we have Heavy Duty, who isn't even a G1 character, so I don't know what's Classic about him. In fact, his original Cybertron name of Quickmix WAS G1, so the first one would've actually worked better for a Classic. On the other hand, I tend to embrace new G1 characters when others wont (I love Decepticharge, for instance), so I cant say I have a problem with this guy. Same situation as Blaster: if he IS a Classic, I'll buy him and see if the mold is any good. If he isn't, then I'm not bothered.

18. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm liking the new Universe molds and plan on getting them all. The repaints don't bother me, as I understand that they can't do all new molds. This is a sub line and imagine constant new molds may be cost prohibitive. If repaints is what it takes to keep this line going, than I say bring on the repaints. I'm curious what other repaints they'll do.

Though Blaster is a G1 homage, I'll probably pass because I don't think he has the same asthetic as the rest of the classics. Since Heavy Duty is a new character, I'll pass on him as well. It is amusing that Quickmix is a homage to G1, but not this guy.

Every line has had repaints, thinking Universe wasn't going to, is a bit naive.

19. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Powerglide is indeed pimp. Hope the final deco has much more red, though. Besides it being his original color, it'll contrast better with Octane.

I'm not counting the Cybertron repaints. It's a great mold, but an awful choice for Blaster, especially without a head remold. And Heavy Duty? Who?

The rest are awesome, though. Prowl is indeed all that is great about this line.

20. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wonder if all of the Voyagers in the Universe line will be repaints? So far, I'm getting all of the new molds and none of the repaints. I can't wait to see more.