Official New Sales, Deals, and Coupons Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Matty, Nov 19, 2010.

1. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Disappointing everyone with each post! :D

The idea is if I want to ENTICE you to buy more socks, I sell them at a LOWER price! :)  Follow?

Okay, what about TV sets? If you go into a store and tell the manager you want a TV, you pay what? Full MSRP, right? What if you said you wanted FIVE TVs? Then you STILL pay full MSRP?

My point is that, in TYPICAL retail, when you buy quantity, you pay less per item. BBTS is aware of this, too: $17-18 a figure vs $20 to buy individually. Nonetheless, it's somewhat alarming that collectors don't seem to mind paying full price because "they don't have to run around and waste time and gas." :rolleyes2  As a consumer, you could just... I don't know... NOT pay full retail (if you agree $17+ per hollow deluxe is a bad price). But as you demonstrated in your frustrated reply, TF collectors are largely immune to price hikes and outrageous premiums. This thread may not be for you, sir! :)  Sorry - I'm clarifying my earlier comment, not trying to start an argument. Feel free to disagree. If $90 for 5 figures was a "deal", I think we'd see more posts like that here. ;)  (i.e. "Sweet deal on Wave 2, guys! BBTS has a preorder for $90!!!!! GET IT NOW!!!" :lol )

2. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Disappointing everyone with each post! :D

When is the big Summer reset happening?

Inventories around me are so poor, the most I can hope for is PotP Wave 3 by Summer (at full MSRP).

• Like Like x 1
  3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is BBTS we're talking about, not Sam's Club.

Unless there's an active promotion, or your credit card offers such a plan, not even Best Buy or Sam's Club will do that. Heck, even Walmart will charge full price for all the things you buy. The stuff you're talking about doesn't get a bulk discount, thus your argument starts to fall apart here. I get what you're trying to say, but it's just not working.

BBTS doesn't buy in bulk, they meet their minimum requirement to secure a purchase with Hasbro, which last I heard was $10,000.00 and not just Transformers, so they're saddled with overstock on items that not only don't sell, but they didn't want to begin with. As for the rest of your post, time IS precious and irreplaceable. Gas DOES cost you money that could go elsewhere if you don't need to use it right now. Plus, you know... Having a life, things get in the way and going window shopping (which is what happens because most of the local stores do not restock...) and it sucks coming home empty handed. I like betting on a sure thing.

I pay retail price, I pay sale price, I pay online price (which is normally higher than MSRP because it's a small store or Amazon's decided to rail the buyer "just because") I don't complain for several reasons...
    1.) I was poor growing up, I was poor as a young adult, I couldn't always get them then. I'm thankful that I can even get them now. (A lot of people think like me, experienced that in the 1980s.)
    2.) If Hasbro doesn't make money (which will be possible, as evidenced by companies that close all around us) they don't get to pay their employees.
    3.) The stores need to keep their doors open, especially ones like BBTS because they're not Walmart.

I've had some rough times, even homelessness, I've seen/been to the other side because I've been fortunate enough to have blessings in my life. For that? I'm grateful. That's part of what makes me buy. I want people to be able to pay their bills, feed their kids and keep a roof over their heads. I enjoy the figures, the producers and sellers should be compensated for providing that. And seriously, if paying $20.00 for a Deluxe makes your butthole pucker, then you're definitely in the wrong fandom and hobby. It's time to quit complaining about sales, deals and coupons and go gardening before heading in at night at your assisted living rest home.

*mic drop*

• Like Like x 5
  4. Exastiken

Exastiken Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    eBay Bucks
    • 10% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item of $25 or more when you buy within the latest version of the eBay Mobile App (the "Promotion").
    • 8% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item of $25 or more (the "Promotion").
    The Promotion starts at 5:00AM PT on May 5, 2018 and ends at 11:59PM PT on May 6, 2018
    I generally agreed with your argument, but really? Appending mic dropping to an argument is pretentious and inconsiderate to anyone you're talking to. You aren't putting on a show. /cringe

• Like Like x 1
  5. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    does someone got discount codes for toydojo?

6. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Using "/cringe" is awful, overused and overplayed. And role play devalues your everything. No room to talk.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Exastiken

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    That's exactly why I did it, to point out your hypocrisy.

...Anyways, some of the PotP figures are decently priced on Google Express via Toy Wiz. If you have a promo code like SPRING20 and DEAL20, you can get 20% off of your total.
    Fair prices I'm seeing:
    • Jazz, $12.99
    • Dreadwind, $14.99
    • Tailgate, $7.99
    Google Express

8. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Doesn't Google Express generally just take your order then ship whatever they feel is close to your order? Seem to remember others using it and getting products from the same line but not the exact figure they ordered.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So this was fun.

• Like Like x 1
  11. AzT

AzT Azlaroc, Yeargroup 431 Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    HTS updated Offer Terms Generic Error

• Like Like x 3
  12. shizen22

shizen22 Subaru's drill punch

News Credits:
    Don't know about others but Google did just fine when I ordered a Lego Darth Vader and Boba Fett Build-a-Figure. The only thing I'm seeing negative about the Toywiz deal is having to pay shipping.

As a person who'd, at various points in his life, couldn't afford to buy toys for one reason or another, I'll add my 2 cents. At the end of the day, toys like Transformers are a luxury item. You don't need them, not getting any won't kill you. There's plenty of other recreational hobbies that cost far less money. I should know, I have a ton of them. Reading (manga, comics, novels), watching (TV, movies, anime, cat videos on Youtube), video games (console, PC, smartphones), photography (any kid with a steady hand and good sense can take a decent pic with a phone nowadays), listening (music, podcasts, audiobooks, radio), websurfing, webshopping, papercraft...I could go on, seriously. You could whine about a predicament forcing you to not have enough money to get the toys you want. Guess what?, get in line. Plenty of us have been there, me included. You may get our sympathy regarding the predicament but definitely not the money situation because at the end of the day, TFs are a luxury item.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Exastiken

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    If I recall, it was Walmart fulfilling the orders at the time. This time ToyWiz is fulfilling the items.

14. coybrafett

coybrafett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Around the time google express first came out, I ordered titans return overlord which was fulfilled by walmart. Instead of overlord I received sky shadow. Well google express fixed the problem and then some. I called their customer service and they basically refunded my money, and told me I could throw sky shadow away or keep him.:D 

• Like Like x 3
  15. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky"

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    That was only an issue with retailers like Target and Walmart, where all figures of the same size class are scanned into the system under the same barcode. So, for example, Google Express would check Target's system to see if they have Titans Return Overlord in-stock, but all the Target system knows is whether it has Generations Leader-class figures in-stock. If it does, it says "yes, we have that," and Google Express, not being programmed to take this into account, says that Target has the specific figures in-stock. So when you go to order that Overlord and Google Express sends the order to Target, Target just sends whatever they have in-stock that their scans in their system as the same item.

TL;DR: That is an issue with retailers like Target and Walmart, but shouldn't be a problem with somewhere like ToyWiz.

• Like Like x 3
  16. jru42287

jru42287 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    I've got two codes for free shipping from HTS, if anyone wants them.

17. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Ah, gotcha, thanks!

18. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    15% off sitewide at HTS.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I don't think even Target uses assortment codes to indicate whether they have a Lego set in stock (outside of a collectible minifigure "assortment," which has identical UPCs for every item in the box). I would be very surprised if an incorrect Lego set were to be sent.

Transformers, Star Wars Black Series, Marvel Legends, bunches of other lines? Assortments, rife with confusion.

20. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Lego sets at Target all have unique DCPIs, except (AFAIK) the $4 polybags (I've seen these shared in the past, not sure how much; for example I was looking for a particular Friends poly that was low in stock, and the DCPI code didn't help me track it down because it was shared with a different Friends poly that was in stock everywhere).