Official New Sales, Deals, and Coupons Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Matty, Nov 19, 2010.

1. bachamn

bachamn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Hmm I checked a few Targets and didn't notice any TR figures, only PoP. Were the ones you found in a separate clearance section or alongside the other TF toys?

Quite a few of the Walgreens I checked had them in stock. Worth noting that in-store I wasn't seeing the price drop on that set; the only yellow discount shelf tag I could find was for the Deluxe figs. Haven't picked up the clone set yet though so can't confirm the ring-up price.

As far as variety of the deluxes at WG, I found one of each Chromedome and Blurr, but otherwise it was mostly Quake, Krok, and Blowpipe.

Also, while ordering a few things on hasbrotoyshop earlier I tried a coupon code LOVE2018, which retailmenot claims is for a 15% off and free shipping for Valentine's day. It accepted the code but did not apply any discounts, so it's possible this will be a valid code for use on orders Feb 14th (otherwise would have rejected the code as invalid).

Might be bogus, but heads up just in case.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky"

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Most Targets, at least in my area, have cleaned out all of their TR figures (they went pretty quick once the prices started dropping back at the end of December).

The Clone 2-pack rings up as a Deluxe figure, so that discount is for both.

That's Triggerhappy, not Blowpipe (Blowpipe is his Titan Master).

3. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't seen a single Wave 2 figure at Target or a Leader restock since the Sunday ad came out. I'm betting on Wave 2 hitting next Sunday after the sale.

4. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

our TRU will HIDE TOYS IN THE BACK during sales, put em back out once they are over... during the 50th Joe stuff they would ALWAYS add 5 - 10 bucks to the prices if they were available at all and cite the "Varies by store " or whatever BS from the ad fine print

5. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

The TRU close to me is one of the ones closing and in the store it was 10% off mostly everything (exceptions like Lego); but all action figures were included in the 10% off. The scanners showed items at the sale price valid until 4/15/2018 (which I presume is the day, or very close to the day they close). I presume that the % off will increase as the months go along. Since there's approx 8-weeks between then and now, has anyone that was by a TRU that has already closed down, have an idea what the cadence in price drops are (e.g. 10% every 2-weeks)? Or does anyone know how deep the total % will get to?

I asked a couple of employees and while neither of them knew, one of them did tell me that the price drops were determined by a company doing the liquidation. They had no wave 2 PoTP figures, so when I asked if they're getting trucks of new releases or not, they didn't know, but stated they're getting truck loads from other stores closing, but they don't know what will be on them.

6. LarELar

A few weeks back, some had them intermingled, others had them in separate aisles dedicated to clearance, some had a mix of both (or intermingled in endcaps) I think ~1-week ago, I saw a beat up package w/ twinferno for the $4.48, and since I recently purchased my first of that figure a little prior, I went ahead and got that one too (and resolved that'd be the first out of its package). Like someone else said, most have cleared out of TR figures since the price was dropping. Walmart, while not having sales on them, seem to have a plethora of Cosmos' and Seasprays.

I found the same thing when checking Targets over the weekend. I plan on checking later in the week in conjunction w/ the DCPI codes. Since I don't think the waves have different DCPI codes, one could check with an employee and have them let you know if there are some in the back. (hmph, I just noticed that brickseek is showing the price of $40.49 for the leader figures... I didn't realize they also took into account the 10% sale that's happening this week [$45.00 - $4.50])

7. LarELar

8. Everything Man

Everything Man Well-Known Member

problem is finding the rest of the team at reasonable prices, especially Axle, their groove, its really annoying.

9. AzT

AzT Azlaroc, Yeargroup 431 Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  10. Nems

Nems Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 5
  11. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. AzT

AzT Azlaroc, Yeargroup 431 Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    HTS updated offer terms: Generic Error

• Like Like x 1
  13. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    Are there any other eBay deals/coupon codes that would work on Buy It Now stuff? I'm not familiar with their way of doing promotions to know how to hunt it down or make it work.

Thanks!

14. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    All of them work with Buy It Now. Make sure you are signed up for eBay bucks; nothing really happening now as far as promotions go unless you got the 8% thing back from yesterday.

15. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Free Triggerhappy with every Blowpipe purchase!

• Like Like x 1
  16. WyldeBill

WyldeBill Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Got the slug grimmy and swoop on sale at Target. Nothing else there to speak of except that wacky mac Starscream and pals.

17. bachamn

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Just confirming the LOVE2018 HasbroToyShop discount I posted about yesterday is in fact live today

1.png

18. Everything Man

those full priced triggerhappys make me believe there are going to be no real deals from hasbro until this promotion ends

19. bachamn

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    yeah I saw those too. Fortunately I got their offer for 20% off for signing up for their email newsletter. W5 Voyagers were both figures I had in G1 as a kid (still have Blitzwing! though he's seen better days)

Finding them for retail and free shipping was good enough for me, discount notwithstanding.

20. Everything Man

I have a feeling we will see more Titan returns stuff drop to 50% when CNY vacations are over, need to make room for all the wave 2 coming.