Official New Mexico TFW Get-together Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by ORIO, May 30, 2011.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    New Mexicans sound off! Since I can't bring my ass to Botcon, I want to set up an official TFW meet up where we can meet up sometime this year. I want to make it very special and hopefully worth a road trip to our users outside ABQ/Rio Rancho. So let me hear some feedback!

-When is a good time? (day of the week/time/month)
    -would prizes be a good incentive?
    -private invitation or open to public?
    -food?
    -location? Some of us don't drink, some are youngins. Someones home? Comic store?
    -What would it take to get the guys in Cruces, Gallup, etc to make the trip up?

Thoughts? Opinions? Ideas?

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  2. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I move up there in July but any weekend before that I'm in!

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    any weekend would probably work best... we could invade Fuddruckers again... or maybe Lobo would host something? they're doing movie viewings, so maybe we could do a viewing of TF1 or ROTF... probably too soon to try before DOTM comes out, but maybe July? don't wanna conflict with the comic con last weekend of June either...

4. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're moving to ABQ in July? Awesome

5. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thought about Fuddruckers. Too busy. Plus it takes too damn long to get your food.

Maybe Lobo, that's a good idea. I want to be have it in area or place where anyone can bring their own stuff to sell or trade and have a spot to set it up. But at the same time, I would like to avoid charging for a table too. Not entirely sure if that's even at all possible.

Also, if there is an option to have alcohol at the venue that's a bonus for the people who do want to drink.

6. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Yep, I just Graduated High School on Saturday, and since I graduated my folks figured now's a good time to retire. Right now their building a house in Rio Rancho and I'll be living there for a little while, while I'm at UNM.

7. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

I vote not Saturday or Sunday. You do that, I'll be there. It would be nice to have people appreciate my customs.

8. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

July, huh? How about a group outing to see DOTM? Doesn't have to be opening day.

9. Squallte

Squallte Summoner of Shiva

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, the only day I get of for sure every week is Sunday the rest changes from week to week. But if we set a date early enough I could request the day off.

If one of the main focuses is to bring stuff to trade/sell, I think Lobo with a ton of pizza would be the best. Most other places would be too packed to try to bring stuff to trade/sell.

If food and meeting people is the focus, I say furr's. All you can eat is always great. It's not too busy if you go earlier like 3.

Movie Night. If Lobo could do a screening of the earlier movies that would be cool. We just need freash Popcorn. My vote is for the 86 movie! If we invade a movie theater, Four Hills would be closest and less crouded. Maybe we could get a group discount.

As far as insentives go, how about this. We each get a small brown papper bag. and put something we don't care for anymore in it. when we get together we put them all in a box. After everyone has arrived we start pulling a bag out of the box so we each wind-up with a random bag of Transformers. As far as what's in the bags, we can keep it simple. Something on value of $7-10. Like a deluxe, a scout, 3 HOCs, 2 or 3 legends, or something like that. Just pull a figure off your shelf that your not interested in anymore and we'll blind swap it. I think it would be fun and interesting to see what we get.

10. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's a pretty cool idea. Sounds like a few xmas parties I've been to. Everyone brings a $10 gift wrapped and everyone exchanges. Could be fun!!!

I'm looking into a small conference room at a hotel. Just waiting on pricing. I figured that way it's quiet, it has a tv in there and there's also a bar for those who want to drink.

11. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome man! :thumb  Congrats on graduation too!

I'd love to check those out!

Don't see why we couldn't do that. I can see who-knows-who at work and set up something cool.

12. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

That would be legit. Might be overkill though for a nerd summit of four guys with toys... I can request a few hours off if you're going all out. A Sunday before 4 would also work for me.

13. Jedite

Jedite Lord of the Negaverse

I'm off on Thursdays and Fridays, though most any day works, but prefer mornings if not either of those two. I might be able to arrange something with the owners of Collector's Paradise. Been meaning to force one of them to watch the first two.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  14. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    Man this is really interesting orio, I'm comming back to visit ABQ and Rio Rancho from June 20-July 13th. Hopefully if you guys have something I'll be able to come.

15. Tyrant

Tyrant Zombie

Weekends work best for me. I would also be dragging my husband with me. I figure he counts as being part of the group by proxy, despite his dragging his heels on joining the boards here.

Also, I dig the blind swap idea.

16. Soundout

Soundout Lost in G1

News Credits:
    When you guys figure things out, let me know. I'm pretty much available at most times this summer. I like the idea of a movie.

17. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wait, NOT Saturday or Sunday?

Wel the meeting room I was looking at was for 20 or so people. With wives, girlfriends, friends and family that should be good I think. Or do you guys think that's too small?

With enough notice will a Saturday/Sunday work?

I hope I can make it happen around that time Gecko! But it might be after that. Btw, glad youre ok after the quake!!!

I think you're husband counts! He should start posting!

Working on an idea for the movie!

18. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also, I'd really like to hear some thoughts from the Cruces area!

19. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Yeah, I work weekends, but if you do Sunday before 4 I won't have to take as much time off. This seems like a relaxed Sunday event. No way I'm taking my girlfriend to meet you dorks, it's bad enough she has to date me. You should start taking RSVP's. I'm in either way, but lets see if Sunday isn't good for everyone.

20. Broken Forge

Broken Forge Formerly Neo Vox

News Credits:
    I'd love to make it to a get together but I won't be back in NM until late August. :lol