Official NCIS Discussion (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Darkspeed, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been watching NCIS for a few years now, and find it a much better show than any of the CSI's (Although the new series of Miami makes me LOL...)

Anyways, new season's been up and runnnig a few episodes now, and the title's pretty obvious! :p  SPOILERS will obviously follow...

Been a good season so far, loved the opening episode where the team was split up. Can't wait to see where they go with the whole traitor angle, it's gonna be another great season finale! But they better start putting more Abbey in there soon, or I'm gonna be pissed! :p 

Really impressed with the latest episode; the episodes that focus on Gibbs are always the best for me! Lots of tension building up, and a great ending - Gotta love that car he drove away in at the end!

Anybody else been watching?

2. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Been watching since that start myself. Always been one of my favorite shows. Just has the perfect cast.

It was funny that Gibbs father was more up on technology than him. Hopefully they bring him back.

3. Razorblaze

Razorblaze God of Thunder TFW2005 Supporter

I got into the show during the 2rd season, and mostly watched it for Abby. The other characters have grown on me the more I've watched it now. Especially Gibbs, McGhee, and DiNozzo. Ducky is cool too.

Like Darkspeed, I was also impressed with the last episode.

4. Strikeback

Strikeback Drifting Away

I'm glad they're actually giving more attention to Gibbs/making him human after several seasons of Mr. Hardass. And yeah, more Abby would be appreciated. Unless it was like that episode where she had to rescue the dog--that felt really cheezy to me.

Tony is also still very frigging annoying.

5. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

DiNozzo is the man. I love Gibbs, Abby, McGee, and Ziva too. The writing in this show has me chuckling every week.

6. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No love for Ducky? I'm shocked!

7. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I love NCIS! One of the best written shows on television I think. About the only character I don't like is the new director, but I think that's supposed to be the whole point of his character at this time.

8. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A little late, but... Loved the latest episode! Fornell is back, which is always fun to watch - Great chemistry between him and Gibbs!

9. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Bumping this one, since it's "Official" thread.

Does anyone else hate Bishop? I mean, sweet mother of all that's good and holy, are they purposefully creating a Mary Sue for a reason? It's like they went through the list and started ticking off as many as they could.

Tell me she doesn't fit this!

10. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 toy only guy

Ah, an NCIS thread!

McGee FTW!

11. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 toy only guy

She DOES seem a little too perfect, and IMO, she looks very similar to Ziva.

12. AgentAlabama113

AgentAlabama113 I found a Macguffin.

Ooh. Bout time we got this.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Totally. She's way too perfect. Way too flawless. She's completely uninteresting and generic, and everyone is instantly infatuated with her.

Like seriously, Ziva had to work hard to gain their trust after Kate died, and this new girl replaces her instantly? It's like a really juvinile, back-handed way of saying "We don't miss you, Ziva!" because she left. Tony and Ziva were in love. You'd think he'd, being Tony, throw up emotional barriers that this new girl would have to breka down. But no, the barriers aren't even present. He just instantly let's her in. Everyone instantly likes her.

Really the quality of writing just seems off with these post-Ziva episodes. Like it's way too insincere and generic.

14. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 toy only guy

So... NCIS New Orleans...

Any thoughts on the idea?

15. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They always seem to chance stuff between the pilot and the series. NCIS Los Angeles had changes from the NCIS episodes that served as the pilot. NCIS was different then the JAG episodes that served as the pilot.

As for what we did see, not sure what to think about it. Backula's (?) accent was annoying. They operate out of a warehouse so they don't really have the backing the other shows have in terms of support staff. Also, the lady should have been Coats if they went with that actress, not another character. There has been enough time since JAG, that Coats could have become an investigator (or whatever the character is).

I'm sure I'll like it fine when it is its own series. I didn't really like NCIS or NCIS:LA pilots but love the actual series.