Official Movie Combiner Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by transmetal2dinobot, Sep 23, 2008.

1. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout In Existential Crisis Mode

News Credits:
    Devastator will be a mindless beast and it's likely that the individual Constructicons will be there to look cool but otherwise completely lacking in personality and characterization.

Optimus/Jetfire = Jetfire becomes a jet pack and a whole lot of big ass weapons so Prime can blast Devastator into oblivion, preferably by shooting him point blank in the face.

Otherwise, I'm really interested in seeing what we'll get out of Arcee.

2. Apriorion

Apriorion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't forget alien robots that transform into apparently human vehicles.
    Damn gimmicks.

3. Apriorion

Apriorion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But now the Italian press release thing turns out to be a hoax, so we don't have justification for this belief anymore.

4. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    i am banking on devastator being one of the coolest bots EVER:rock 

5. Timmy 76

Timmy 76 Well-Known Member

[QUOTE the optimus and jetfire pants combiner.QUOTE]

too true, a jetfire strap on would be a bit strange!! i wouldnt mind him joining with a trailer as it would be an inaimate object anyway but with another self reliant bot?? opens to many questions!

6. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

I hope so, but given the movie designs from the first time around, and the "gorilla" comment, I'm not expecting anything other than disappointment.:( 

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I suppose I'm in the wrong thread, but I remember reading a poster's comments on any combiner comprised of less than 5 (or 6) robots being "ghey".

8. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

Yea, that sounds possible.

9. Snarl_2289

Snarl_2289 Well-Known Member

can't f*cking wait to see the first pics of the Constructicons and Devastator :rock 

PLEASE HURRYYYYYYYYYYYYY :stick: 

10. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    So, we now know that combiner is the TF theme for ROTF, l guess the fandom should just adapt to the idea.

Now, Bay hates doing kiddy stuff, so the Jetfire-Prime will be handled in another way, maybe jetfire is dying and the allspark tries to save him by combining him with prime.

11. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, from listening to the commentary, you can tell Bay loves entertaining the kids: it's just he'd be annoyed with himself if the film only appealed to kids. But with the establishing of a realistic world with giant alien robots running around, who knows how far the suspension of disbelief can go!

12. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I posted this in the original Jetfire and Prime combines thread. But it belongs here as well.

Here is my theory, and I know you are all sick of theories. But here is how I will make sence of it.

EVERY Transformer can combine. This greatly increases abilities in combat. Effectivly making 1 new warrior who's combined strength is more than that of the 2, or more, seperate bots.

However, this is a very dangerous tactic, a taboo among Cybertronians, as the sparks of many or all bots who have tried have been extinguished in their combonation attempts. There is however one group of bots who have dedicated their very lives to this taboo art, and therefor have perfected it and have greatly reduced their chances of losing their lives in this combonation. That being, obviously, Devastator.

This poses a problem for the Autobots. They don't have the power to defeat this monster. However, a warrior ready to give his life for the Autobot cause appears under the name Jetfire. Prime being the self sacraficing bot he is, and Jetfire being so noble to the cause, they combine to fight Devastator.

This would also explain the Megatron combining with Scorponok idea (People have been throwing this around). That combination was a failure. Scorponok's spark was extinguished in the attempt, and the combination was not completed fully. Hence Megatron's gimpy arm.

13. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

im not looking forward to a giant multicolored combiner that walks around like a monkey

14. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't forget good old three bikes Arcee :) 
    and the splitting Ice Cream truck

15. optimusdestruction

optimusdestruction THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

News Credits:
    Seriously this is crap. Everyone was pissed there wasn't enough G1 nods in the first movie and now that there is you're still bitching. If there are going to be multiple combiners in the movie it's going to look badass. Did you forget how real the first movie was? If it can't come off realistic Bay won't do it. So "if" he is moving forward with the combiners it will look real and all the B.S. talk will be laid to rest. C"mon it's like there was no lesson learned from TF1.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  16. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:

Agreed if anything i would have expected his trailer to be a transformer itself to combine with him instead of having a seperate autobot power him up.

So i was thinking with combiners and all, wouldn't it be a great plot story to add S7 to create there own transformer 'hint hint omega prime, and use it against the autobots?

As for combiners go, i really really wished they would use bonecrusher as one of devastators combineing vehicles!!

I tihnk the reason why they put megatrons head between his legs is to allow him the please to kiss his @ss goodbye again :lolol 

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if anybody's posted this idea yet or not, but I thought of something. What if Devastator, instead of being 7 separate robots that combine, is really just one robot who turns into 7 separate construction vehicles that combine to form his robot-mode. It would be kinda interesting, but I can still imagine it being the more traditional way with him being the smaller robots combined. Either way he's bound to get one awesome toy.

18. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    that would fit in with the apparent arcee combiner thing they have going

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, and it would also be kind of an opposite thing with the whole twins turning into the ice cream truck (that is if that's true). It would also make Optimus and Jetfire a more unique combination in the movie. Also, something tells me that even if the individual construction vehicles don't have bot-modes in the movie of their own, that their toys will. Kinda like Scorponok's toy transforming into a robot even though he never did on screen. Basically having a bot-mode of their own, but not using it.

20. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait a minute! Excuse me but I've been slaving at work all day. You mean to tell me that Prime and Jetfire are going to be combiners? And it was confirmed? OMFG HOW FUCKING LAME! Someone please debunk this rumor please!