Official Movie Combiner Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by transmetal2dinobot, Sep 23, 2008.

1. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    so we have devastator forming from a half dozen vehicles confirmed
    and apparently now jetfire will combine with optimus(according to a hasbro italy press release)

so i thought it was prime time(heh) to start this thread so we can speculate and discuss anything combiner related in the movie universe
    how is it likely to work?
    will multiple minds work in harmony, or is an entirely new personality going to be created?
    what will this mean in terms of toys?

2. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

its pretty easy for me

devastator combiner = good

optimus combiner = blehh.

Just would rather optimus stay him self and not have this powered up mode. With heroes they typically have to rely on them selves to achieve great things other wise they wouldnt really be heroes. Then again Prime was a piece of crap to megatron in the first movie getting tossed around like a leaf. (Thanks Bay) So you could see this coming.

I think Iam officially seeing the armada influence coming into the movie with megs tank mode and head being visible between the treads. Then the optimus and jetfire pants combiner. Granted it wont be pants but I really wanted optimus to stay an untainted beacon heroism.

Im sure they ll make it look cool visually but then again thats all this movie is (so far) a visual treat .

3. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

I just don't see why Optimus needs to combine with Jetfire. Its just going to look like crap and be entirely unrealistic. I could see how devastator would combine; all the construction vehicles park near each other, combine into devastator laying down, and then when hes fully formed he gets up. Although Optimus is in a serious need for a paint job, he doesn't need a new pair of jetpants.

4. Sideways

Sideways Banned

from what i saw in Energon and Armada, Optimus should NOT be combining with anything or anyone.

5. lid160

lid160 Member

i thought i was the only one that hated random transformers jus walkin round combinin their asses off lol...i never like how it was done after G1...the only thing that should be combinin are the special made groups like constructicons or stunticons etc etc...none of this random oh where losin the battle come here lets combine out of nowhere BS...then we seperate & u go combine with him instead i need a break lmao...nah that dosent work for me...prime needs to stay prime & use tactics & team work to over come any combiner...thats what makes him the leader he is...

6. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Well I guess this answers how they would beat the contructicons in the movie; by using the optimus-jetfire combo

7. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

LOL just thought of something this isnt the first time a G1 prime incarnate was a combiner. The episode masquerade in season 2 had prime pretending to be motomaster and he combined with mirage and a few others lol.

That episode was great :) 

this of course doesnt validate anything just thought it was kind of ironic. Random combiners I agree are really lame

8. Snarl_2289

Snarl_2289 Well-Known Member

Constructicons forming Devastator = :rock 

Optimus combining with Jetfire = :crazy: 

I'd rather see Optimus combining with (in the near future) his trailer, like Powermaster Optimus Prime.....that would make more sense or just keep Prime the way he is as like in the 1st movie.

9. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    What will happen to Jetfire's personality when he merges with Prime? I just don't like this. Is he going to be like, "I'll just wrap around you and make you stronger while I just chill out for a while". I'm hoping in the movie they can pull it off but I don't know.

10. lid160

lid160 Member

whats funny is i remember that eps...i was thinkin about it as i was typin that lol...yea but that wasnt serious i dont think that counts lol...didnt they get caught & fell apart with the quickness cause they werent real combiners???

11. lid160

lid160 Member

lmao or they might do a dragonball z & pull the double voice over because they are combined lol...

12. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Does this mean the return of Fatboy Prime? LOL.

13. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I'm not fond of this one either.

Devastator = pure :bay 
    Jet convoy = Anti bay

I'll reserve final judgement for execution. But this is getting a bit much even for Transformers. Or are they trying to prove to the fans that the stuff 'we' clamor for would make a hokey movie? Then going back to the serious plans and awesomeness in movie 3?

Cause personally, I did like the direction they were attempting, this war on earth in a serious manner, with some mild humor to offset the surreality. This is kinda breaking that even though. =/ Gestalts are one thing, they have the tech inside of them, random combining takes the whole purpose out of them being unique though.

14. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not overly excited about the idea of combiners (even devastator), but they made cars turning into robots look natural and realistic, I'll give them a chance to show their vision before I have any strong opinion.

15. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Looks like TF2's main theme is introducing combiners

Ice Cream Truck twins
    3 Arcee Bikes
    Constructicons / Devastator
    Optimus Jetfire Combo

16. sd_theman

sd_theman Member

The Prime/ Jetfire combiner idea is just stupid!!! Maybe they should of just sprung it on us instead of confirming it this early! Im praying its not set in stone!!!

17. Joe1

Joe1 Well-Known Member

this really would stink, but i will say this how the devastator toy is gonna turn out, the 7 robots r gonna b just normal deluxes tht dont combine and have 1 supreme class toy tht is just devastator in robot mode.

the jetfire and optimus idea really stinks, i HATE optimus combining bcus he can't take on megatron without the extra boost

18. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

I can see where you all are coming from about not wanting Prime to combine with anyone.... He is the best he shouldn't need help!

First off Im not a fan of combiners so I def. dont want everyone combining... but these are my thoughts on the current combiner situation....
    Arcee- I dont mind the 3bikes because they are all her.
    Devastator- Classic COOL
    ICE Cream truck- I think this is stupid no doubt, but it seems as if they will only combine at the begining and then I think they scan the BEAT & TRAX and there done combining.

However i think Prime combining with jetfire is a cool idea.... HERE IS WHY!

Optimus & Jetfire- Im not sure how they are gunna explain the personality issue..like what happends to jetfire when there combined..It really has got to look realistic..which I think they will do so im not worried about that..
    I think it will be cool IF AND ONLY IF their combination is used for certain circumstances...i dont want Prime and Jetfire combined the whole movie..I want each of them to kick ass in their own way...But say Prime is in LA but he needs to be in DC...It would take him days to get there, but now with jetfire he can be there in 15 min. I think them combining really opens up plot possibilties..He will be able to get to CHINA no problem. As for fighting i already stated i would rather have both just kick ass themselves but It would be cool if they combined to kick some devastator ass at the end...BUT hopefully Prime fights MEGS by himself and holds his own. So my point is stop worrying so much about them combining I really think the production team will handle it correctly.

19. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    This reeks of gimmicky shite...

Lets confuse the average movie goer by having the following:

3 motorcycles that form one bot.

2 Bots that form an Ice cream truck...?

1 SR-71 and 1 Semi combiner....

7 bots that form a massive "Devastator"....

So much for individuality and character development...

I would have rather they not introduced any new Bots and developed the characters and storyline further...

I mean what the hell...now every bot is a combiner....sheeez........

20. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    the combining concepts in armada were good, and worked(for the most part) in the fiction(using them as powerups only when they were desperate)
    energon powerlinxing was just stupid though
    i think they'd go for the optimus-jetfire combination closer to armada, but probably not as jet-pants

and we have to remember the whole point of the movie is TO SELL TOYS
    and kids love gimmicks