Official International Synopsis For Bumblebee: The Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Weren't they on Earth looking for the Cube?

• Like Like x 2
  2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    i know

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

While true, given this is still the bayformers timeline, there is the Ark which crashed on the moon in the 60's, triggering the space race.

Too early to figure that just yet.

TLK absolutely gave no shits about continuity, since you also had things like Starscream's head make a cameo (even though its destruction is how Starscream dies in DOTM) and Ironhide somehow being on Earth during the Revolutionary War...hundreds of years before he first arrives on Earth in the 2007 film.

Comics are considered a secondary form of cannon - so long as there's nothing to contradict them, they can be considered canon.

The problem with the timeline of constantly having Decepticons be on Earth earlier and earlier is the contradiction to what was set up in the 2007 film, which is that the war only really just got to Earth. Megatron is an exception since he was chasing the cube (and was said to be the foundation of modern technology), as is Jetfire (who pretty much hid on Earth because it was not involved in the war all this time)...but given the speed with which the Decepticons get information in the 2007 film (Blackout hits SOCCENT, quickly followed by Frenzy on Air Force One locating the Witwicky name, which leads to the glasses which in turn gets Frenzy into Hoover Dam), what the actual hell are any Decepticons doing putzing around on Earth before then?

I mean, yeah, DOTM at least establishes that the Decepticons screwed with the NASA Apollo missions but that is one of my major problems with DOTM, too - the prerequisite that the Decepticons have to be on Earth before they actually do anything relevant to the films. This is why I personally prefer the stock story of the Transformers just inadvertently crashing on Earth because Earth was in the path of their spaceships and nothing more. The need to have connection after connection after connection to the planet really just makes things far more convoluted than necessary - I excuse Beast Wars from this because despite being in prehistoric times, it still happens after the crash of the Ark and Nemesis and had nothing to do with Earth being super special for dumb reasons.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Man, times were simpler in 2007 when the Cons were on Earth looking for the Cube. The sequels really messed up the timeline. With that, I hope they ignore TLK and just present the timeline that was established in 2007: the race to find the All Spark. All they need do is explain why it took so long for the Cons to find it. They could say there was a lack of energon—making everyone weaker. Have the Bee movie revolve around the Bots and Cons fighting for energon. Really, the plot doesn't need to be that complex.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Autobot Burnout

Unfortunately, ROTF actually tried to tackle the Energon problem - the function of the Sun Harvester was to drain stars and convert them into Energon.

The truth is that as much as DOTM was an okay film, it really does establish the problem with trying to retcon the existing lore into having new stuff that happened before it. AoE and TF5 just made it all worse by ignoring what should have been learned.

I mean, IIRC, it's implied Soundwave has not only been on/around Earth since the 1960s, but he's had ties to human allies who were influential enough to meddle with NASA during the moon exploration period. During that time, the space race was the most important thing going for the world since it was just another extention of the cold war between the US and the Soviets. The fact that it all ties into the existence of alien robots makes no sense even by the movie standard because of the following:

1. We are to believe that the US Government has not only had an entire maximum security hush-hush organization; Sector 7, going since the late 1800s when they covered up Witwicky finding Megatron in the arctic, but was able to identify the markings on Megatron as being similar if not identical to those on the cube - to the point the movie states Hoover Dam was built not as a massive powerstation, but instead to just hide the alien cube and they shoved the robot popcicle (dragged all the way from the top of the world - in 1939 when refrigeration technology was limited to just insulated boxes with premade ice refills!) next to it so S7 could claim the dam as their base.

2. The Ark crashes into the moon and triggers the space race, ending when Apollo 11 successfully lands on the moon - which in DOTM is shown to be much more as the astronauts end up exploring the crashed ship and of course take photos. Photos of robots from the same place and time as Megatron. S7 is somehow not alerted to giant alien robots despite literally being an organization built to investigate giant alien robots. This does not gel with how they were able to instantly cover up the Beagle 2 mission years later by labeling it a failure, when they realized that one of those giant alien robots had actually stepped on the rover. Then, from only Blackout's profile in shadow they are able to rather rapidly match him to video taken by Epps during the SOCCENT attack.

3.We know the Decepticons screwed with NASA to keep the moon crash secret, but they only managed to intervene in time to stop Apollo 18 and 19 from happening. There are several years between Apollo 11 and Apollo 17 that somehow, the government-supervised NASA program isn't paged over to S7 because of giant alien robots with weird markings easily matched to those on NBE 1 and the Cube. Which, given the early days of wireless communication/the internet, should have been child's play for Soundwave to hack and find information about.

Bottom line: The Decepticons should have known where Megatron - and by extension the cube since he was right next to it - by the mid 1970's at the earliest.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Oh right. I wouldn't be surprised if they ignored the previous 5 films.
    But there is also the crashed ship on Saturn?, and the one belonging to the knights. shown inTF5.

7. Autobot Burnout

I guess? I mean, you can't have a ship crash on Saturn, it's a gas giant - it doesn't have solid ground. On one of its moons maybe.

Didn't watch TF5, had better things to do with my life. And honestly, I do hope they leave out any knight crap in this - it was poorly hamfisted in and went nowhere besides pointless prose in the middle ages.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sector 7 did infact know about the Ark.
    This is revealed by Mearing when confronted by Optimus, saying it was "directory-only clearance at Sector 7 until now."
    Skip to 2:10

• Like Like x 2
  9. Autobot Burnout

Ah, forgot that bit, thank you.

But that just makes it all the more confusing as to how Soundwave and the other Decepticons could be on Earth since the 1960s and not ever get wind about the giant metal alien the government is keeping hidden in Hoover Dam, who just so happens to look a hell of a lot like the giant metal aliens the government is keeping secret about having crashed into the moon?

• Like Like x 1
  10. LTprime98

LTprime98 Well-Known Member

I just want them to drop the trailer

• Like Like x 2
  11. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Could be on the 24

12. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "No crashed alien ship."
    Bumblebee and Hot Rod go to their crashed ship to pick up weapons. :D :D 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Gotta get to sleep somehow...

News Credits:
    It didn't say who was the most beloved character?!

14. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

If he starts the movie with a face I'll be interested.

15. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

So, it's basically the same plot from TF1? I was expecting a little bit of twist actually

16. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    What do you mean?

17. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Well they're not gonna reveal any twist yet even if there are some.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    So will he still not be talking in this movie? Argh.

19. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TRAVIS KNIGHT HAS DONE WELL

DECEPTICONS ACTUALLY HURT SOMEONE!!!

20. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Were they?

I mean, how did the Decepticons know the Cube was on Earth?