official images of universe unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by megatronkicksas, Sep 20, 2008.

1. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I don't really see how this is news considering the toy has been found in stores a few weeks ago.

That, and MAN, are those some blurry poor quality photos.

3. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Meh. Saw it TRU last weekend. I guess it's good for the folks who are just getting into or back into the hobby of collecting tfs.

4. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We've had him for about 3 weeks now and interest is a total non starter, he's nice in and out of box but 3rd time around he's just not an essential purchase. :) 

5. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sorry thats not the point its just that its the official images of the box wich we havnt seen i thought it was interesting

6. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Transformers Universe Unicron, comes brand new and sealed in box, this is a repaint of the original Armada Unicron complete with all his original features and the Deadend minicon, now more than ever he resembles movie unicron!!"

This isn't a repaint, it's exactly the same as Armada Unicron. A bit misleading, no?

7. Red leader

News Credits:
    No its not misleading as the paint apps on the chest are different and Deadend has different paint apps in robot mode, but thanks for the heads up, we've made the description more specific :) 

Rather than keep replying to everyone individually I'm looking at the armada and universe versions side by side and the purple is a different shade and the chest paint apps are more highlighted on the universe version.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  8. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    There are different paint apps? Are there clear decent photos of the Universe release? Because last I checked the toy looked exactly the same, and even use the Armada toy's box photos.

9. Nevermore

News Credits:
    That still sounds more like a minor variant (similar to Movie Legends Ratchet in "puke green" and "Voyager-accurante lime") than an intentional redeco.

I mean, hell, Hasbro consider both the same damn product. Universe Unicron has the same product code number as the Armada version.

(Although I'm starting to believe that Hasbro doesn't really have a clear system with those product code numbers. The "bubble" packaging versions of Alternators Tracks, Prowl and Meister had different product codes than the "red box" versions even though they weren't redecoed, same for the Dollar Store Universe repackages of the Energon and Cybertron Scouts, but then the Star Wars Transformers repackages have the same product codes, as do the European single-pack releases of minor-redeco Movie Legends Jazz and even Recon Barricade have the same product codes as the originals, even though Legends Recon Barricade is TOTALLY OBVIOUSLY a redeco.)

10. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here is the original Armada version:

[​IMG]

Here is the new Universe version:

[​IMG]

Sorry, but I don't see any differences at all.

11. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

The angry mob has spoken!

12. Red leader

News Credits:
    Interesting fact is that the packing outer actually says ''Armada Unicron'' rather than ''Universe Unicron'' and I agree with you on your theory :) 

13. Nevermore

News Credits:
    I assume what Hasbro did here, as well as with stuff such as the Universe Dollar Store Scouts, is to revisit the old plastic color breakdowns and paint masters they used for the original production run. Basically, they reset the production cycle to the same settings they used for Armada Unicron. From what I've been told, that spares Hasbro the test shot stage they'd need for actual redecos, and allows them to proceed straight to the production sample stage.

But since the original production run for Armada Unicron was over five years ago, and they probably have changed factories since then, some of the plastic colors might have turned out as slightly different hues, and some of the paint details may be more highlighted. I kinda doubt they told the factory "Hey, mix a little more red into the purple!"

Meanwhile, Allspark Battles Legends Jazz/Euro-only single pack variant Jazz is an actual redeco because someone actually designed a new configuration for the paint mask, in addition to a differently painted windshield AND a different shade for the gray plastic.