Official Images of Transformers Animated Cybertron Mode Ratchet

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Dec 20, 2009.

1. JBSideways

JBSideways Bleeding Is A Luxury

I myslef am not one for animated,:jawdropper:  but i like this mold of him.

2. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

This just proves what I figured to begin with, Ratchet and Arcee are TRU exclusives...IN JAPAN!! Everywhere else... everywhere ELSE!

3. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Sears Holdings inc. Owns K-mart and sears, and K B toys.

Toys r us owns Fao Schwarz and babies r us.

So the parent company sharing it to all stores doesn't make sense since they are two different parent companies.
    Though maybe they are trying to get the exclusive too since they have recently started a toy department in sears to help alleviate empty floor space. But then again, both K-Mart and Sears haven't proven themselves to be that competent anyway.

4. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Been there, done that, tried to explain it myself, but the more sensational conclusions are the ones people would rather cling to instead.

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    TRU exclusives are usually worldwide (excluding Japan, that's a different story). Only chain to actually have that many worldwide stores.

I don't recall any cases of toys that were mass retail in the US but TRU exclusives elsewhere. (Exclusive multi-packs of toys that were also available individually don't count.)

Eeeexcept that the listing for Japanese Animated toys had Arcee as a mass release, we haven't seen ANY Japanese Animated toys in packaging yet, and even Japan would get Animated toys in US packaging, they'd at least sport additional Japanese stickers. And the "Only at Toys'R'Us" stickers wouldn't be entirely in English.

My vote is for "The entries on Kmart's site were added to the database before the toys became TRU exclusives".

6. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As of today, it looks as Rachet is in stock. I ordered one. We will see if they send it and it is the right one.

7. Deadend

News Credits:
    That's a good point. I didn't think to check the japanese releases.
    But at this point who knows whether it's a goof, or otherwise as yet. Maybe the fan response was too good on them to make them the exclusives, and they've opted to do a different one? It's either that, or Sears/K-Mart just doesn't know the difference in ratchets. I lean the 2nd reason, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Definitely has to be some kind of goof. They've got BinalTech Arcee listed on their site too.

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Or the database entry was added BEFORE it was ever decided to make Ratchet a TRU exclusive. Happened before. The Universe 1.0 Bonecrusher/Scavenger and Long Haul/Hightower two-packs were listed on Walmart's website for over a year, but eventually they came out as Target exclusives.

I guess that's a third party reselling offer or somesuch. Like that "Japanese Masterpiece Skywarp on Walmart.com" listing long before Hasbro's version of Skywarp was announced.

9. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    noticed this too, tempted to try ordering it...

10. Deadend

News Credits:
    The in stock for ratchet is what's got me thinking they don't know the difference in molds. Which we won't know for certain until someone orders it to know for sure.
    If it really is instock, and is that mold. Well that disproves the exclusivity. But who knows till someone tries.

That and the fact it's just called Ratchet, and not cybertron mode ratchet or anything else to seperate it from the previous mold except for pictures.

I never shop at K-Mart.com anyway, but I didn't think they did that with merchandise. Amazon I expect that from, not sites like target and k-mart.
    Walmart not so much, because they'll do just about anything for a buck.

11. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ordered it, 12 hours later my order was cancelled by Kmart. They said, "product is out of stock."

I think it was just a mistake.

12. mitchsantona

mitchsantona Seeker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I re ordered it and it has been confirmed and en route, supposedly. we shall see. I'm mad I didn't have it expedited.

13. Rodimus88

Rodimus88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Save your money and your time. Kmart.com is a run by a bunch of no-nothings. I had ordered the Wave 3 GI Joe vehicles and were sent the wrong ones. This happened to others as well. Today I received my "Ratchet" who turned out to be animated Blurr. after waiting 45 minutes with a supervisor, all they would say is that the product is out of stock even though it's still up for order on the website. Both of my incorrect orders were actually filled at one of their stores . The packing invoices were correct but obviously the employees just pulled whatever looked to be in similar packaging...
    Pathetic excuse for a web-tailer...

14. mitchsantona

mitchsantona Seeker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good call, I just got mine in the mail today. It was Animated Bumblebee. Effing joke.