Official Images of the 2011 Chevrolet Volt Vehicle

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
  2. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looks less "sinister" than that first professional photo we saw, but it's hard to tell with those crappy angles and all those dorky old white guys in the way...

I'm still thinking its Soundwave, but I just wish it were more angular... looks like they've softened that roof and shortened the hood... :banghead: 

3. autobotguy

autobotguy Well-Known Member

WTF....are they showing off the car or the horribly placed dudes??? Makes me wanna yell "move out of the shot you jerk!" at the pictures.

4. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    What's with those guys blocking the view. Get some hot chicks next time GM.

5. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Hey, you rich guys in the suits, get out of the friggin way so I can actually see the car your trying to promote...

6. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    The concept version looked pretty mindblowing, but this looks rather vanilla. It's okay, but my jaw failed to drop.

Well, from what I can see if those execs would get out of the way.

7. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    I absolutely love it. Finally, an electric GM car. And one that has been talk for many months, I think even a year or two...

Personally, I think it's an Autobot... I mean, all of the Autobots were Chev's, so why not this one? The Centennial Corvette is an Autobot. I believe it to be Blurr, because of the wheeled feet.

Also, I share the same sentiments as the other members: GET THE F*** OUT OF THE WAY, GM EXECUTIVES!!! D:< I wanna see my future baby in all it's glory!

8. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    Check it out - it's like they somehow managed to suck all the cool out of it:

before
    [​IMG]

after
    [​IMG]

It's great that for once, an awesome concept actually makes it into production, but it's a shame it has to become so conventional in the process.

9. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well there had to be something unsafe about the concept. Still, yeah, it looks just like any other car.

10. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    well the movie's getting the concept version isnt it?

if so thats WAY better

it looks more edgy and "buff" while the final is all rounded and soccer mom lookin

*edit*
    nah...lookin at some of the set pics it looks like TF's gets the production version

ugh

11. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    yeah I hope so, even though I was originally against the movie having non-existent concept cars.

Well, I dunno the reasoning behind the changes, but you hafta wonder... are those exec dudes in the pics the ones responsible for ruining it?

12. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Is GM so poor now that they can't afford girls for the photos? :p 

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Weak, vanilla and milquetoast.

And I own a Civic!

14. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Wow, those are the worst models I have ever seen in a car ad!

15. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Truth. There's not much they DIDN'T change. The flared fenders, big "nose", and low roof line look damn snazzy on the concept. Now... giant amounts of meh.

And yeah, the pics of schmoes in suits with oh-by-the-way a car in the background... more fail.

16. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    The Transformers set is getting a Volt production body on top of a Malibu chasis, so it's not a complete and real "production" car. Remember: It's a 2011 model. It's only 2009 next year.

What has me a bit worried is the size of those side-view mirrors... they're awfully thin.

So we have 4 new Chevy vehicles: the Volt, Centennial Corvette, Beat and Groove. Awesome line up.

Also, I honestly could not see the concept design work in a production model. It would have added too much to the final cost. Remember: This car is supposed to be electric and affordable, PLUS it would really only be for daily commuter people, cause on a full charge, it's supposed to go only 50 miles.

17. 35InchMudders

35InchMudders Well-Known Member

To those knocking the final design, lets get some facts straight and be realistic.

The concept was full of sharp corners, an extremely long hood, a fairly upright windshield, and front wheel arches. All of these factors heavily affected the car in windtunnel testing. You can argue all you want that the changes to the vehicle are heavy, but you can't ignore the fact that they were necessary. The primary goal for a vehicle is for it to do what its designed for, period.

To those exaggerating the changes, if you really pay attention to the detailing, it's closer than not to the concept, especially from the A pillar back. The front end is what was modified heaviest.

... and yes, the movie is using the production design, not the concept.

One more thing, why would they go through all those modifications to the movie Volt if it's just a cameo? If they wanted to simply advertise it, then I would think they would use the colors from the official production car, not some pimped up dark blue with chrome accents.

18. Lennox

Lennox Wooo.

News Credits:
    DUDE.

WTF.

No. This isn't happening. THEY SUCKED OUT ALL THE SEXY. God, I was so going to buy this car.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!

19. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Ugh... they might as well have used a minivan.

20. 35InchMudders

35InchMudders Well-Known Member

Apparently, you weren't buying it for the rights reasons then. The point of it isn't its looks alone, the point is it's a plug-in electric. The modifications made to its looks were to help the latter be more efficient.

Compared to its competition, it blows them out of the water. Besides, don't judge it until you see it in person, pictures often look radically different than real life.