Official Images of Ironhide, SilverStreak, and Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jazzy Zx, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Hale

Hale Active Member

I can't help but feel that this Ironhide model was originally supposed to be in the movie line. His aesthetic is different from the rest of the classics. He has open hands, instead fists. Not to mention his weapon is some sort of cannon with a blade, which is very similar to Movie Bumblebee. Maybe he was another character and they decided to just use the mold for classics and call it ironhide? Anyhow, it's just an observation.

Sideswide will be nice when he finally comes out. Bluestreak looks much better than the Prowl version for sure.

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Wow.

HOLY MISTRANSFORMATION BATMAN!!!

3. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i was really excited for ironhide, but he keeps looking more and more like an aborted movie toy.

4. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    hmm, good points, i could see that ~ might have been a different take on Stockade that got shelved. he definitely has a different aesthetic...

5. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Ironhide´s rims seem unpainted. Weren´t they grey in the prototype showed at Botcon?

6. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    God, that is terrible. Do they want the line to fail? Kids are notoriously picky with their toys, and those pics won't shift units to anyone. Must be nice to mess these things up and still know you'll make a profit...

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ugh.

Why does Sideswipe always look wrong?

It's either mistransformed, or wrong head.

Ironhide looks like shit.

This line is becoming fail.

8. DrBifford

DrBifford Well-Known Member

Somebody help me out. The box art for Sideswipe, who is it? Its not Sideswipe, looks more like Hound to me.

9. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    dunno ask the head masta!!! TOTAL PWNAGE!!!!

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Still don't think it's supposed to. The clips would be more secure. Besides, it still looks bad.

11. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You betcha. Silverstreak's missles will most likely not be painted. Also, do we get sticky, mushy, botched-up paint apps to go with it?

Ironhide. I ... almost love him. He has NO paint apps in robot mode. Just a big blurr of total red. Also, those rear "windows" seriously need to be black or dark grey in color.

Ahh, the two-headed Sideswipe. I mean, wow, again. Hasbro is a total joke when it comes to promoting their own products.

Aaron and Greg, did ya just fall off the earth into a vat of money and not care at all about the quality of your toys? Faulty paint, botched paint apps, and apparently about ZERO thought in presenting your products. UGH.

12. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Whats up with Ironhide's face?? It looks like a light blue color...as do the rear windows, and the silver being so visible through the back windshield is a real turn off. I hope the color quality on this model is a lot better than this photo. The silver displayed in the original photos looked much better..not some pasty blue color. Thats my only big complaint/worry with these pictures...it's aparrent that hasbro has lost it's ability to hire people capable of figuring these things out, so I know they're mistransformed.

Also I agree that Ironhide could have been a scrapped movie design...his legs look a bit like that asthetic....like jumbled kiddle. So does that ******ed looking weapon. Still it's been a while since we got a decent Ironhide that resembled his G1 self, so I'll still be picking this guy up even if I have to do a little painting myself......Scary

13. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Because of some bad stock photos?:drunk 

that takes away from some of the best TF molds ever conceived?
    (i honestly think Sunstreaker/Sideswipe might be the best deluxe mold ever)

14. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    compared to so many of the movie lines utter wierdness, all these classics look to be solid gold. I'm in.

15. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I want these so bad. I've been pining for a new Ironhide that was more toon accurate since Classics was first announced back in 2006!

16. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Someone's jumping the gun abit too soon.

17. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes they are mistransformed but they are not 100% awful. They will still end up in my collection.

18. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Seriously, Hasbro staff photographers... ? Seriously?!

I mean, is there an office bet going on to see who can shoot pictures of new figures the most mistransformed, and still get paid for them?

That said, I like the look of the figures overall. I agree with the comments about Ironhide's rear windows. Honestly, I think I might just strip the paint right down to the red plastic, and leave it that way. I would much prefer him with the windowless "delivery truck" aesthetic, rather than the not-so-convincing SUV look.

Ironhide's box-art looks pretty cool. The really funny thing is that just last week, I was doing concept sketches of Ironhide for a Mosaic piece...
    [​IMG]

It's almost uncanny. I honestly hadn't seen any images of this box-art before, or even looked closely at the pics of Universe Ironhide head design, but they're almost exactly the same. Guess I'm just on Hasbro's wavelength. Weird! :) 

zmog

19. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Monkeys can do a better job of transforming these correctly. I mean, seriously, it doesn't help at all when a company is trying to promote what really is a great mold (Sideswipe), and they make it look like a total PoS. They should hire me. I vow that if Hasbro hires me to do their stock photos, every one will not only be rght, be in wicked poses to boot. One can dream...

20. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am surprised no-one has mentioned the lack of a good missile-launcher for Sideswipe. It helped set him apart from him brother in bot mode and him missing it is disappointing.

Sunstreaker's handgun attaches to his shoulder well, but looks really awkward being mounted on such a long post. I was hoping they might shorten the grip on it to form an exclusively shoulder-mounted weapon. It would be a pretty good approximation of his missile launcher....