Official Images - AOE Platinum Edition Sets

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ORIO, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah man who are you codding? There is no way the hasbros is more accurate it has black helmet black legs and black arms. Just call a spade a spade and admit you're saying all of this because the hasbro version is cheaper. Id respect you if you were being honest but utterly denying the takara version reflects the cab used in the movie more is audacious.

Referring to takaras version as a completely different character is bashing it. Especially when magnus doesn't currently exist in bayformers and no character has really followed their G1 colour scheme.

Packaging art doesn't mean jack either. If you're going by packaging art that's an even more laughable point of your argument.

2. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would, if that were the reason. But it isn't. Sorry to disappoint. You wanna believe Takara's is closer, fine.

And as for the cab, I think they both got it.

3. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Not seeing a whole lot of "Platinum" line quality here....some of them are fairly nice, others not.
    May have to have them when I see them live...but for the moment, not buzzed about them as a whole.

4. Phollen16

Phollen16 Am I good? Bad? I'm only human.

News Credits:
    I would be so down to get Evasion Mode Optimus from you. Just let me know when you get it.

5. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These look pretty great! I'll probably get that Breakout set (mainly for Rollbar: with all those guns and a racing alternate mode he has a place with my Movieverse Wreckers! :D ), though I'll have to wait and see some reviews for that Autobot pack, since I was only planning on getting Crosshairs and Hound, but the better paint on those two in the set may convince me to go for those versions instead of the regular release ones.

6. jessiedart

jessiedart Well-Known Member

I have a good feeling that Aoe will have fewer different figures than all 3 previous films but many many more repaints, and the same figures done in many age styles..IE kiddy, teen and collector versions.
    In the end I don't think we'll see anywhere near the assortment of past movies.

7. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Aww, damn-it! I didn't notice the bullet holes on the TT one until this posted pic comparisons.:redface2: 

And now the robot mode comparisons. Shit, it looks like TT one is back on the to buy list.:banghead: 

8. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're right, I am saying it's cheaper.

It's also accurate too ;) 

But it's fine, Hasbro beats Takara at a lot of stuff these days.

...man...these are strange days.

9. IgnikaMarcus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't bring me back into this.
    I merely prefer it because it's more accurate than Takara's.

10. NotRamjet97

News Credits:
    Sorry :eek: 

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    You two continuously claim the Hasbro version is better, and yet neither of you have come forth with detailing why this is outside of "the color is more accurate!"

I've asked you, at least twice, to point out how Hasbro has the more accurate version. I am legitimately curious because you both act as if everybody is blind for not seeing the reasons why, and yet you both choose to avoid actually supporting your statements. Considering I actually am buying the Breakout pack anyway since I want that Skids repaint and the other two figures are toys I don't already own, I quite honestly do want to know if there's anything more accurate on the Hasbro version other than the inner thighs, the helmet, and the "cab color" even though that's still up for debate because there's no stripe.

Seriously, if you guys can prove how Hasbro's is more accurate than those three points, I truly would like to know how and to figure out what I evidently am not seeing. But I'm not confident in that manner, since right now you guys really are looking like you're convinced Hasbro's is better for the sole reason it's the cheaper one and comes with more toys.

12. IgnikaMarcus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's been explained. I'm done.

Would you be happy if I said both got 50/50, Takara geting the bullet holes, cab stripe and bot mode flames while Hasbro used gunmetal to represent the faded blue where it's present on the model?

Is that alright with you?

13. NotRamjet97

News Credits:
    What else is there but the color? They're using the same molds.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Isn't that enough?

In the movie, he's not white.

Takara's is white.

That's not enough? Well, Takara renders the entire robot white. Well, we know Optimus is not entirely white in the movie. Hasbro's is a more accurate depiction of the faded colours by rendering the "blue" as a darker brown. By being two-tone, it's also more accurate.

Like holy shit why is this so hard to understand? Neither is perfectly accurate, but he's not white in the movie. I don't understand why this ginormous hubbub started over one guy saying "oh sweet, it's not white."

If you can't understand why it's more accurate because it's more accurate, I dunno what to tell you. You flat out explained to yourself why Hasbro's is more accurate. "Aside from this, this and these colour changes that make it more accurate, I don't see how it's more accurate!"

I mean fuck I've never even said "accurate" that many times in my life.

15. IgnikaMarcus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's what I fucking told them. He doesn't have all that fucking white. Did they listen? No.

Saying Takara's "Magnus" is more accurate w/ all that white which is non-existent on his cgi model is the same as saying Takara's Lockdown is more accurate w/ all that black which is, again, non-existent on his cgi model.

But, hey, some people just love Takara too much to admit that even they can get shit wrong at times.

16. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I love Takara too. (One day, Lost Age Leader Prime) But Prime's not white. Literally any other colour is more accurate than white, especially rusty tan and dark brown which are colours found on the actual movie truck.

BTW, that Autobots united set looks better and better. Hound has camo on his alt mode and everything.

17. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    fuck, camo hound? that's 2 and an eighths of this set i want between hound, drift and optimus' head, lol.

18. IgnikaMarcus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ditto on AD-01 Leader Prime.

19. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I asked this once before, but lost my original question in all the traffic so I dunno the answer: do we have a release date/price on Autobots United/ Sorry to be a bugging butt.

20. IgnikaMarcus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ikkstakk said he saw a target listing for the 5-pack at $50. No release date yet.