Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LordShockwave, Feb 27, 2012.
idk if this has been shown yet but I havn't seen it so here ya go.
Old news, sorry.
I had not seen this yet... hm, not bad.
I feel worse & worse for this figure every day, and hope to hell & heavy water that someone figures out a simple way to move shit around & make the chest look normal, possibly even by stealing panels from the shoulder wings or whatever. Even if it can't transform properly in that configuration, it'd still be better than literally being the biggest hate magnet since Beast Machines.
... if his body weren't an oval, it'd be night and day for this figure.
It's like they went out of their way to make this shit look sub-par.
What's all that stuff on top of it? I recognize the wrecking ball, but there's parts... is that a meat tenderizer? Sheeyit. Glad I shelled out a little for the FE.
I seriously want to kill Hasbro's stock photographers at this point.
Since it will cost me about $50 less than the FE...yeah, I'm going with PRiD Bulkhead. He ain't perfect, but I don't think he's too bad.
Agreed all the way, brother. I haven't exactly got money to burn, so I'm taking this one. Besides, as I've pointed out (to no avail) in a bunch of other threads, it's plain to see that there's some pretty epic mistransformation at work here. Less so than the in-person pics from Toy Fair, but still enough to make one want to throttle whoever transforms the toys for these photos.
LMFAO Meat tenderizer! As you can see, this RID version is clearly not as round as he is in the show. Comes equipped with tools to make more burgers and bulk up.
Honestly, I just think having a kid-friendly transformation was more or a priority than it was for the FE figures, especially given a large portion of the target audience. It's not even just Bulkhead, but pretty much every other RID figure looks to have been simplified.
... but yeah, I've still never understood the mindset behind releasing pictures of mistransformed figures, especially as our first view & at a large scale. It's like having Ford put out a commercial for the F-150, and then having the bed liner shoved in upside down. It's just real shitty marketing on every front I can think of. Like, why can't the people who know what's up transform them properly before hand?
LoL, why? They didn't design these things.
Because they clearly don't know how to transform their own products. There's at least four parts I can see here that are either misaligned or could probably fold down. And assuming I want the designers dead assumes that I hate the toy, which I don't-- I'm not the kind to pass that kind of judgment before I've handled the thing myself.
(If I'm coming off as harsh, I apologise; I admit that I may be acting somewhat out of hurt over having no hope of getting the FE version at a semi-reasonable price. Though I do stand by my statement that there's no way this thing is transformed properly in any images we've seen so far.)
It seems to me that the hate for this guy is a bit excessive. Just got the Takara FE this weekend and it's pretty safe to assume that this guy will be a downgrade. That said, to read these boards one would think that this figure is the biggest piece of feces ever to be defecated onto an assembly line by a Hasbro CEO's idiot relative and I just don't see it. Here is a list of the specific criticisms that I have read and observed:
1. Goofy gimmicky mech tech weapons. Yes and that sucks but they appear to be removable in both modes. At least the wrecking ball looks like a wrecking ball without having to hold down a button like Optimus' worthless "rifle."
2. Doors misplaced in bot mode. Valid and appears so. However they are really not that far from being in the right position, and I am wondering if those two notches in between indicate that something is meant to be pegged there. It is possible if unlikely he is mistransformed.
3. Headlights on waist instead of visible behind doors: guilty as hell.
4. Poor legs: one of my only criticisms of my FE is that the legs are a bit too short. This seems to be an improvement. Plus the new version has the wheels on the inside of the legs instead of the outside which is more accurate.
5. Raised kibble behind shoulders. I haven't seen any shots from behind but i would bet that those pieces can be moved. even the FE comes in the package with a large piece raised behind his head which is supposed to be lowered.
6. Bad proportions overall. His torso appears to be overly elongated, but I don't think it is that bad and may be a byproduct of those doors not filling his chest out like they do on the FE.
7. Vehicle mode. I haven't held my FE near the pictures of the new one but the vehicle looks exactly the same, (removable) mechtech tomfoolery aside. Chances are the thing comes together better than the FE, as that one has a lot of parts to be squished together and things like to pop loose in vehicle mode.
I am by no means an apologist for Hasbro and the FE fiasco. I have resigned myself to paying scalper prices for the FEs I don't want to go without and have gotten FE OP, Bulkhead, and Bumblebee is en route. And I have no delusions that this is gonna be as good as the FE, nor do I really care since I have the other one already. I am just trying to understand why this figure is considered "complete utter shit" instead of "not as good as FE version". Did I leave out any complaints against this guy or overtrivialize the existing ones from above? I just don't get the volume of hate thrown at him.
Honestly, I think it's good that you're seeing things out of sorts about the Transformation, because it really gives the figure hope!
Ah...well, thank you, sir; I appreciate that. I guess I'm just kinda used to the stock photography being a very poor indicator of what the product's actually like, and just kinda habitually look for anything that seems out of place. And boy, does this one have them...I'd wager the disconnect between photo and product will turn out almost as bad as the stock photos for Universe Ironhide with the backwards crotch.
And to those wondering about the "meat tenderiser", I did some research and found that it actually looks a lot like a battering ram, of the type used by SWAT teams. Observe. Makes the whole thing a lot more palatable for me, as it not only fits Bulkhead's style, but might even be some kind of weird, oblique reference to the original Animated Bulkhead having been a SWAT vehicle.
Oh, and daddytron, I applaud your efforts at showing self-control and evaluating this new Bulkhead in a calm, rational fashion. It'd be nice if more fans were like you.
Well, it doesn't look too bad. The weapons are crap, but the bot mode looks okay. Not FE quality, but it'll have to do.
Escpecially when FE Bulkhead is running for near- $200.00 on Amazon....
You know, I bet it'll look better transformed correctly. Though I hate that damn device for turning pancakes into waffles. He could have been given a static Wrecking ball instead so that you get a choice between weapons.
Thank you sir. It just seems all too similar to the venom thrown at RID OP and Cliffjumper, who may have been inferior to their FE counterparts but were good, fun figures on their own merits. I will back up anybody that wants to hate on RID Bumblebee however, as I picked him up tonight and he is a flaming pile of shit. So glad my FE is coming later this week!
Separate names with a comma.