Official House M.D. Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Maximus_Prime, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    I was surprised to see that there wasn't a thread for House so I decided to make one.

This is a great show and i've watched it from the beginning. I hope more people here watch it too.

Unfortunately with the writers strike there will only be two new episodes this year, BUT one of those episodes is airing after the Super Bowl and it looks to be a pretty good episode.

Lets talk House!

2. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I love House - but I always miss it. Thank goodness for TV-on-DVD.

3. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

It's actually one of my favorite TV shows. Probably the only show that's consistently great. Too bad every episode has essentially the same beats:

9PM-9:15PM: Patient arrives in the hospital. House is 100% sure of his diagnosis, which he comes up with at random. Any other suggestions are met with serious mockery from House.

9:15PM-9:30PM: House is proven wrong, when his treatment results in a surprise spurt of blood or surprise injury right before the commercial break. Cameron or 13's face will be suddenly splattered with blood. House is shocked that he was wrong, causes more injury to the patient, and everyone is frantic.

9:30PM-9:45PM: House gets a new diagnosis, seemingly without any evidence. House mocks everyone who disagrees.

9:45PM-9:50PM: House is about to do something drastic that will "cure" the patient but also cause a lot of harm, such as cutting off a leg, an arm, removing an eye, etc. He is stopped before the commercial break.

9:50PM-10PM: Through some deus ex machina, House realizes the solution in time. Happiness happens, and everyone apologizes for doubting House.

Please don't misunderstand...I truly do enjoy watching House. It's probably my favorite show that still has episodes coming on weekly, and the character interactions make it worthwhile. But watching it on DVD is surprisingly monotonous. I think this show is best watched in weekly doses, so the medicine doesn't get repetitive.

4. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I agree. It's a great show, and Dr. House is a fun character, but it does come off a bit formulaic.

5. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    I understand the issues of being formulaic but I like what they have done this season with the new team and such

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Scrubs--and Dr. Cox especially--FTW.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...=10&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=7

I know I shouldn't get all medically picky about a show, since that's not the point, but I've just never been able to get into House 'cause I find the medical elements a little ridiculous. It's about as believable as 24 to me.

That being said, I know it's a personal problem. And the chick on the show is HAWT.

7. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I can't stand it personally...though my hatred comes more from my ex's obsession with Hugh Laurie than the quality of the show.

8. Lord Of Tetris

I agree. Every season has been a winner, but this season is probably my favorite one. Although the plot is still very formulaic, waiting to see who was fired added another layer of suspense into the show. Makes me sad to think that Tuesday is the last filmed episode.

And, yeah, the medicine in this show is silly. Last time I studied "medicine" was high school biology AP class, and even I can tell the writers probably know less about medicine than me. But I tolerate it for the same reason I tolerate the "realism" of 24: it's damn good television.

9. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    Don't forget to watch the new episode of House that comes on after the Super Bowl tonite!

10. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I love the show last Tuesdays 'chrismas' ep was great, especially the back story...

11. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

It is currently one of my favorite shows. Hugh Laurie is a great actor and comedian. Anybody from Blackadder and A Bit of Fry and Laurie, is A-OK in my book.

12. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Be careful with DVR's tonight. Who knows if the show will start and end on time.

13. Lord Of Tetris

^^^GOD DAMN IT.

As someone who was picked on by athletes since I was in preschool, I care as much for sports about as much as everyone else here cares about Gobots. And now the athletes pick on me again by having an uncertain time slot for tonight's House! AAAAAAAAAH!

(This is meant in jest)

14. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    yeah I know dvr'ing it tonite will suck but i'm going to try and catch the episode the first time

15. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't watch for a while, but my wife got me hooked. House's 'Survivor' was fantastic. Under the guise of presents for my wife, I bought the first two seasons 'for her.' Speaking of which, Best Buy is selling 'em for $35 this week. Since I paid $45 last week, time to get my receipt and say, 'Gimmee my $10, beeyotch!'

-Tony!

16. Lord Of Tetris

It's 7:22 PM and the football game is still on some kind of news report. Will check again at 7:30...

17. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'm such a fan of the show I made a 1/6th House figure

18. Lord Of Tetris

:useless 

19. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

Yeah I really need to get a decent digital camera. Look at the 12 inch thread in toyark. The pictures will show up there eventually.

20. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

My wife has to stop getting me into shows. been watching it with her since season 1. Loved every simgle moment. Missed last might's episode though.

His one lines are the best. My favorite has to be when one of the patient's dad asks House "What's your problem?" to one of his comments and he just replies "Busted leg, what's yours?" LOVE IT!

And poor poor Wilson.