Official High Resolution Kre-o Bumblebee, Optimus Prime & Starscream Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TedimusPrime, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those look pretty cool actually, digging Ongoing Bumblebee :lol  might have to pick these sets up. Besides Starscream they look better than the built to rule Armada models.

2. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Big figures suck

Minifigs ok kinda funky, nice touch with the ball joints, but parts look bad. Why didn't they just licence with Lego?

THe Lego Brand name has a LOT of weight and they could have had Lego Transformers the video game too..badly thought out wanting to maintain too much control rather than reaping in huge licence fees while sitting back and letting someone else do all the hard work...come on hasbro think it through.

Its like do you prefer Coke to Walmart own brand Cola?
    They're both cola.
    No given the choice you'd buy Coke. why? it might be more expensive, but its a brand you know what you're getting and it does taste better.

Same principles apply. Lego wasn't the first to make building blocks, but they're the best at what they do and they do it damn well.

Same reason We've all been buying Transformers for nearly 30 years and not some generic 'Change-o-bots' toys

3. Leoscream

Leoscream Starscream supporter !

Ebay:
    Kre-O Starscream is so cute ! <3

4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i will have to buy all the primes with trailers this year, :lol 

5. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They actually seem pretty cool. Price points seem a bit high for my tastes, to tell the truth.

6. EvaUnit-01

EvaUnit-01 Well-Known Member

I'm so confused, who is this line supposed to appeal to? I know its obviously gonna attract the smaller age bracket but are these toys supposed to be for the movie line or some kind of generic "Transformers" line, these toys kinda look like that Hasbro Blast from the Past webisode thing (With Bumblebee using guitar on Cyclonus) because these (exception of the out of place G1 Starscream) are just movie styled lego bodies with G1-ish style heads and personally I don't think they really mesh well and I could almost imagine some kids picking up Bumblebee's KRE-O and saying "Well that's not Bumblebee that's in the movies, his heads all funny looking, and what the hell is that little cutesy thing? Is that supposed to be Bumblebee? That one doesn't even look like the model". Personally as big a G1 fan as I am (an happy to see Classics/Generations/Reveal Shield) and as much as I hated the fact that Universe and Animated were put on the back burner for ROTF-I can know understand that yeah this G1 stuff just doesn't sell like the movieverse stuff and probably never will because this isn't 1984 and a beetle isn't the car that kids think of when they see Bumblebee. But this kind of G1 fanwankery just puzzles me for such a kiddy line of 2nd generation "Built To Rule"s. That said I do adore the mini figures (and I want a Megatron and a Soundwave too!) and wish that Hasbro would just make a line of these, like Marvel's "Minimates" line. Oh man! Could you imagine it! It would be like Robot Heros, but with articulation, I bet those would sell like wildfire at a Bot Con, someone really needs to make those.

7. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see a lot of people buying them solely for the G1 Mini Figures

8. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

Looks to me more like Mega Blocks than Lego. In other words I'll try and build it from lego using online intructions first if that fails, I might be inclined to buying for the peices.

EDIT: I just realised somthing odd. thes may be extreme partsformers. especially starscream

9. OptimusTron97

OptimusTron97 I like the red water

I'll admit I kind of like the big ones, but the little guys look like so much fun!

10. Shinobitron

Shinobitron Cybertronian Ninja

Ebay:
    Wow theres lots of great potential in there for customizing but other than that it looks very passable.

LEGO will always win cause Lego has ninjas!

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Dang, Prime looks pretty cool, if he goes under $20 I'll probably snag him.

But if this line does well and we get some of the city bots, then I will have to splurge.

12. Necro Prime

Necro Prime Necrobot

Great Scott! These are so close to Lego its Mog Bindle-ing! Neat though. They look loads better than what they had come up with during energon. Yuck!

Anyhow, these are supposed to transform?!? Definite win for me. I LOVE Lego's! And the mini-figs are more poseable too.

13. masterX244

masterX244 Autobot

Same reason for me. I say often "Only original or nothing"

14. Sithknight1001

Sithknight1001 The "Fallen-er" Fallen

If it aint LEGO its Mega Blocks and if its Mega Blocks it is shit.These are BTR all over.

15. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kre-O Really ??? Hasbro couldnt come up with a better name so they used a Lego Knockoff sounding name like Kre-O ? Lol thats just too funny

Its weird how they just slapped a TF Classics Optimus head on Movie Primes body.. I can see the heads being bought for kitbashes and such lol . Those lil figures that come with them are cool though. Wold be cool if they released a bunch of those in a set or something ..

16. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Its Built To Rule all over again,I remember when they did them,they were cute and all,but they were totally inaccurate,some pieces you had to take off and put in its right place,and also kinda clunky in places.But I would advise everyone if you wanna get these,to get 2 of them,one for alt mode and the other for bot mode,or if you only plan on keeping it in one mode all the time I guess 1 is okay.But I admit some of the mini figures look sweet as hell,along with the big ones.

I also wanna say that the name KRE-O is somewhat weird but catchy,kinda like Oreo and Crayola crayons.I am slowly getting use to it tho.

17. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Looks fun , and may have good parts for customs.

18. darkwingduck13

darkwingduck13 Caped Crusader

...dammit to hell. The little G1 Lego-style figs are all kinds of awesome...so of course they package them with Built To Rule V 2.0. :( 

19. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Having to rebuild them to transform them = complete failure on all levels.

Suck, suck, suck.

20. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    As much as lego wants to make you think they created building blocks, they didn't. With legos you aren't paying for quality, you're paying for the brand name.

Many companies make superior bricks to lego at a 1/3 of the cost. That's not to say some others have flubbed up the process by creating shattering bricks either for even cheaper. Lego themselves though are okay quality that you are mostly paying for the 'lego' brand printed on each brick.

These look fantastic though. Prime looks like his cab may actually transform, BB too. Starscream looks like he might as well but his bot mode is kinda meh. I'll have to see the others first hand in stores before I make any final calls.