Official High-Res Images of SW Crossovers Captain Rex, V-19 Clone Pilot, & Vader

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
  2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Captain Rex looks solid!! I saw the Tie Bomber in Target and that was actually pretty good too. I think they are starting to pay attention to the 'bot modes with these. Maybe they are trying to make amends for the first series. I think I'll pick this one up, good lookin' kitbash fodder!:thumbs2: 

3. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    Link updated with new images of the Clone Pilot/V-19 Starfighter as well (only out of package at this time).

4. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Look can be deceiving. I bought one the other week: cool alt mode, terrible robot mode (especially the feet).

5. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    That clone pilot/V-19 looks mint. To seal the purchase, does it have shoulder articulation?

The AT TE looks alright but in my opinion suffers from having artiuclation in the walkers legs - each appears to be a single piece.

As I've said before the SWTF line is one that has great potential. The main thing that I think limits the SWTF line is that they have to transform INTO their characters, as opposed to mecha piloted by them. This hurdle is kind of avoided by having the less organic characters as the bases for the figures.

I have a few from this line and the only so far that I'd say are worth picking up are the Delta Class jedi starfighter (the triangle one from ep 2, available as Tinn in obscene orange, or Obi wan in more sane colours), doubly enjoyable because of the multiple homages to Jetfire, be they intentional or incidental, and the Cody Turbo Tank. I hope to be able to add to this list soon, especially after the relative disappointment that was the TIE Bomber.

And for the love of christ can we get a Y Wing

6. asphalt

asphalt King of the road

Ebay:
    CAnt tell if I like the walker, but it looks like the best of the three.

7. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    I'm sorry but after purchasing then returning the first series, I'm never buying these horrible toys again.

The plastic is cheap, the QC is half-assed. and they are just way too floppy and fall apart too easily.

*PASS*

Alot of the Die-Hard SW fanboys can't stand these toys either.

They fit in the same catagory as the Marvel TFs in my book.

The Transformers Universe and the Joes Universe are the only ones that should be connected as for the rest.... stay away from TFs you don't belong here. :p 

8. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Captain Rex looks to be on par with the Commander Cody tank. And the AT-TE mode looks to be spot on perfect. Super stoked to add that one to my shelf.

The Clone Pilot looks like it is going to have a serious case of skeletal bot-mode. Those arms and legs look super thin, and it has lots of kibble. But that is kind of hard to avoid when it starts off as a V-19. The alt-mode looks great, although mistransformed. It'll be hard to display it correctly. Maybe they could have included a stand with it.. but they didn't with the Emperor's shuttle so... wishing I guess.

No pics of the upcoming V-Wing? Bummer :( 

9. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    It seem to me that the team behind these have gotten better.
    So yes I would but this in the same catagory as Marvel TFs.
    Which I think are pretty cool.

10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    And Captain Rex is mistransformed in bot mode. Nice.

11. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Damn, so not the Captain Rex I was expecting.

So much for a Star Speeder/Captain Rex Transformer.

12. Lookout

Lookout Allied decepticon

does anyone actually buy these for any other reason than to bash them?

13. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I would be interested in the two clones, but to be honest, they lost me when they stopped including the pilot figures.

14. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I like them a great deal I count the yellow anakin Delta type starfighter as one of my favorite Transformers of the year. I like his flexibility and possibility.

The Grevious and Tie Bomber were OK a slight improvement in general but they still had the odd negative quirk. They do tend to be a bit floppy in general terms compared to your average normal deluxe. The good thing about all Crossovers Transformers is it establishes a brand that might be useful for other things in the future.

I also like that they are a little larger than a typical deluxe. I won't pretend they are all fantastic (That ATAT is a bit poor for example) But I like them generally - especially the more robotic looking ones. such as the ones based on Troopers.

I like the Marvel ones too -some of which show real promise I look forward to getting Thor and Captain America.

15. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    Why are they still rereleasing Vader/x1?!

16. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    They don't look too big on paint apps. Already have Vader, will get the two clones for my brother, may or may not get Rex for meself.

17. Devastattor

Devastattor Well-Known Member

If that AT-TE isn't mistransformed, it looks horrible.

Following an earlier comment, I AM a diehard Star Wars fan and even I've avoided all of these like the plague. IMO, they've been a disappointment from day one and I cannot believe they're actually still around.

18. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Will wait to see the ATre thing in person though.

19. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I guess some of us die hard fans, die harder than others. I have almost as much Star Wars toys and Transformers, and I've bought every mold from SWTF so far, and even some repaints.

Count me in for the Torrent and the AT-TE, even though those don't look as good as the Turbo Tank or the Millennium Falcon.

-airfox

20. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    I could swear that V-19 Torrent has been out for a while where I live. Any help?