Official Halo 3 SPOILER THREAD <- you've been warned

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by RHansen, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I agree with you, but I am not sure it was just the cinemas to blame. I haven't followed much on the creation of Halo 3, and I know many just write it off that it is meant for mainly a multiplayer experience, but I was thinking that Bungie dropped a few planned levels due to time restraints/voice acting/costs/memory restraints or whatever reason. Early on, things are getting explained but there are a lot of holes in the plot that seemed unfullfilled- like Smasher stated- never fighting the Gravemind- that just seemed like a no-brainer that you would fight it. Also, Cortana has all her drama, and saying "so much of me is wrong" or something like that, lead me to believe that there would be some amount of Sabotage, but as soon as you picked her up- she's just fine. So, I thought there would be a level where she leads you the wrong way and you have to get her to a computer to sort her out. Also, when you go to the graveminds ship to get cortana, the cinema shows you getting on Banshees, and then your there. If there wasn't a level planned betweem that, then I feel there was a big missed opportunity.

Porbably another big plot hole that bothere me was that Cortana sent the message that she found a way to stop the flood without lighting all the Halos. That's all well and good, because you go and find the Halo and the gravemind follows you and you light that single Halo- but how did cortana forsee it would all work out like that? Not even the Spark knew the new halo was getting made for sure. Anyways, some clearer cinematics and a couple added levels could have done wonders to the campaign mode, for whoever cared about that, which I do, becuase the most fun I get out of FPS's like this is co-op through the campaigns.

2. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

I've beaten the game once already but does anyone wanna help me beat the last two levels on Legendary?

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Went for the Marathon achievment, accessed all terminals in red, and no luck.

Going to try agin in order and finish each mission attached to see if that works

4. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

You have to get to where it says "Fragment Ends", one terminal doesn't end with that though. I tried doing it by pressing A to just skip through them but didn't get the achievement, my second try I actually read the terminals and it worked. I didn't finish the missions when it unlocked for me.

5. Shipley

Shipley extremely online

News Credits:
    Bungie will most likely not link Halo to Marathon outside of some references. Halo is now owned by Microsoft, and Bungie is an independant developer again, who still own Marathon and their pre-Halo games (with the exception of ONI, published by Rockstar/Take2). No sense in giving away one of their best properties by making it part of Halo canon.

Anyone wanting to tie all that stuff together anyway, is certainly welcome to try to discern the continuity that allows a game like Super Smash Brothers to exist.

Myself, I'm content that where ever Chief's ship lands, it'll be a game worth playing. Also, having stuck with the Arbiter, I'd be anxious to see him in his own game. We got to know a lot about the covenant, but we're still missing a lot, having never seen homeworlds or any of their species outside of the military. Heck, we never even saw any females! How about a new Arbiter game with the Halfjaw Elite shipmaster, crusing around trying to reunite the covenant that was broken when the Prohpets were revealed to be wrong? A world hopping adventure game that expands on what we know and reveals more about the aliens.

I guess that excites me even more. with a Halo RTS and Peter Jackson's Halo game, we're looking at this moving beyond the FPS. Like Mario takes on sports, I wouldn't mind seeing Halo's sci-fi universe represented in RPGs, Shooters, 3rd person adventures, open world action, even tactical shooters with ODST squads. Halo has so many vehicles, I'd like to see an all driving and flying game!

Microsoft can and will milk this franchise, so why not see some daring new games that enhance the narrative? games with Chief can remain FPS, but others can go in new bold directiosn.

6. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

In Halo Wars, we'll probably be able to play as Covenant, and that "reunite the Covenant" campaign might be a bonus we get.

7. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I read the other day the Bungie is officially stating Halo and Marathon are not the same universe, Master Chief is is not the Marathon guy and the similarities and references are just for fun.

8. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:

My understanding is Halo Wars is set before the current games which is why the Elites are part of the Covenant.

9. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So I finally beat the game on legendary and I have to say that I was very satisfied with the ending. I just want to know what planet is the one they are floating towards, cause you know M$ is probably going to make another eventually, once this gravy train runs dry.

10. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    How many people can play on the same campaign online? Just 2? If possible for more, I wouldnt mind teaming up with others in order to beat Legendary.

11. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

4 total - Player one as Master Chief, Player 2 as the Arbiter, Players 3 and 4 play as Elites that Bungie gave back stories on their website.

12. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Are players 2.3.4 able to cloak?

13. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

No. Sadly.

14. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Excellent, who wants to try and beat legendary as a group?

15. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I have to say as much fun as it has been playing you guys online Thursday nights, it has been even more fun playing the campaign with three of my friends.

If you haven't done it yet, you need to.
    There is nothing like flying a Hornet over a Scarab so you and your friend can jump out and take them down from the inside.

Good times.

16. ShockWave_AZ

ShockWave_AZ Shock and Awe

News Credits:
    Count me in, The4m41ngR4nd0. I also need to collect the skulls, if possible.

17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    You should prolly try to do that on Normal. Legendary is kind of tough.

18. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Cheatcc.com has the locations of the skulls if anyone else is wondering. Also has some extra stuff to look for in the game

19. ShockWave_AZ

ShockWave_AZ Shock and Awe

News Credits:
    No way n00b I b 2 l33t 2 do it on ez!!!!

Whoa, sorry about that. Too much time playing halo ranked matches... I should go back on normal and get those skulls.

20. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Got all the campaign scoring achievments, yay.

Someone got mad at me on live, I was telling them to get into the Warthog, but everytime they'd get close I'd drive foward another 10 feet. Finally after about the 5th try they grenaded me :lol 

Was playing with a person named 'your crap'

The message "your crap killed you" was popping up alot