Official Halo 3 SPOILER THREAD <- you've been warned

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by RHansen, Sep 29, 2007.

1. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    People are wanting to discuss the ending and events throughout Halo 3, do NOT read in this thread if you want to be spoiled, thats your second warning :) 

Those who want to discuss, go for it!

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was totally pissed that they left it at yet ANOTHER cliffhanger. Boo.

3. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I'm guessing the planet the remnants of the ship was falling towards was either the Brute planet (since they seemed to just go away), the covenants main base of opperations (other than ships like High Charity), a place where the forerunners still exist, or the shield world Onyx. Or maybe it will some how try to tie in with the Marathon games.

4. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Yeah. Me and my buddy played through Legendary on Co-op last night and saw that second ending. I think it could have been a Forerunner world, like Onyx. Or perhaps Earth?

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I haven't beaten it on Legendary yet. I only have it till sunday so I'm only beating it on normal today. (beat it on easy yesterday)

I thought for sure Cheif was dead, since only the front half of the frigate made it to Earth and they were sad he died. The Arbiter was awesome, he was a your side practicaly the whole game.

This game rocks.

And who thought the flood were awesome? Sure they're a little tough, but the whole mutating/evolving thing? Crazy! And plus, you see a marine transformed into a flood for the first time!

I especialy love all the new weapons, like the hammer, spiker and whatnot.

THIS GAME ROCKS!

6. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

It certainly wasn't as emotion-invoking as Halo 1 or 2 was, but I think it was a kind tie off in a lot of ways. I'm against the cliffhanger ending though...

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Man, I almost forgot. Suicide Grunts! Running at you with Plasma grenades in there hands!? I love this game.

I actually felt more emotionly involved with this game then I ever did with Halo 1 or 2. I don't know, just seemed, more realistic.

8. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I found it to be alot more Human this time around. You felt a connection to these characters. I always feel emotional when a series ends. Hopefully Bungie will release more books or do another game that continues the Halo universe.

9. Frank Horrigan

Frank Horrigan YAR! I be posting!

I hated the flood Cortana level. It was so tedious.

10. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Have you tried it on Legendary? Fucking hard as shit. Especially those stupid green shooting things.

11. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

Hate those shooting Flood.

And the ending was NOT what I had expected. I thought we would have that massive fight like in that "Believe" mural, and Chief would somehow die in that, but no.

All in all, it did close up most of the plotlines. I just want to know what happened to the Brutes. I doubt they'll just go away.

12. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Well, that was cool. The Forerunner are actually humans! Has anyone read the documents that're about a few Forerunner individuals?

From what I've gathered at it, they're about the fire the rings but one is appauled by the idea and wants to get away. I can only guess that whoever left provided the Convenant with so much of the Forerunner tech.

13. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    They improved the flood a lot I thought. I still think they are my lest favorite part of Halo but they where better in this game. I was surprised we never see Gravemind beside some tentacles. The flame thrower would have worked better if the flood didn’t have the tendency to run at you.

I didn’t think the ending was a cliffhanger. The rings are stopped from wiping out all life, Flood is stopped, the Covenant is broken and although not safe at home the Chief sleeps at peace.

As for a new run of games there is talk that Pieter Jackson is involved in them some how. I don’t think Bungi or Microsoft is going to be letting go of Halo any time soon with the money it brigs in.

14. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

I can't imagine what the next game would be like, but I still think it will rake in even more money than H3, considering the cliffhanger.

15. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeh i thought the covenant side of the story was poor the brutes were supposed to have more depth and stuff in this game but they actually had way less than halo 2, the lack of info on the brutes was hugely dissapointing, as for the endings how many were there

16. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

A cliffhanger is Cheif doing "Sir, finishing the fight".

Not when he's screwed and drifting in cryo statsis. The ending leaves it open for another sequel if they desire, but it wraps up the current story.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Plus, he's gonna get picked up, obviously. No, the ending was far from a cliffhanger.

I'm glad spark is dead. And the flood, most of the Brutes, they're all dead now. Plus, with the Ark destroyed, the remaining six rings are now armed and un-able to fire.

I think Brute Choppers are the shit.

How do you make your spartans look different? Like, with new helmets and armour? For that matter, how do you edit your profile at all?

18. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Hit start, then right, and you can customize your armor on one of the options there.

And I was surprised that 343 was the boss, but it was great to finally be able to blast the shit out of him. Kinda easy though, even on legendary.

And I still hate the flood.. what headaches.

I'd expect the ending to be setting up another run of games, but how long is it going to take for the humans to find MC? By the time they do get to him, he might be obsolete. Unless they'll give him a brand spankin new suit...

19. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Having beaten it on Normal and found that extremely tough, I'm having reservations of even attempting it on Legendary. :p  I loved the ending. The number written on the monument that the camera seems to zoom in on, was that how many times I died in the game or was it just the number of characters on my side that were killed?

20. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Uhh... that's Spartan-117. Master Chief.