official/exclusive products for botcon use

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dardmc, Sep 9, 2012.

1. dardmc

dardmc Arms Micron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    dont know if this was ever opened up before.. here are my queries..

can the arms micron and starwars crossover tfs be used lets say for botcon? arms micron will really be good addition to any box sets or souvenir sets.. likewise the tf sw can really be good redecoed or retooled to tf characters as well especially the different star fighters available..

or are these guys really official or exclusive figures?

2. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    It's not a matter of could or could not, it's more that they wouldn't because god are the vast majority of the SWTF molds horrible. I'd like to see Arms Microns, but I'm assuming that since those are Takara exclusives that they wouldn't be in conventions in Hasbro markets. The companies have to go through Hasbro themselves to get access to the molds, I doubt that any Takara exclusive stuff would be able to be used for conventions around here.

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Arms Microns, I imagine, are available, but yes it's a matter of whether they want to use them or not. They have done minicons before (the Shattered Glass Predacons from '08), but it's never been a consistent thing for them.

As for the Star Wars Crossovers, I imagine it's the same deal as with the Marvel Crossovers - Are these molds even available to them because of licensing issues, and because of the lackluster response to most of these molds, would they even want to if licensing isn't a stumbling block?

4. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    Arm's Micron could be interesting. The SW TF molds? ....I'd like to think of almost all of them as a byproduct of a designer and engineer getting drunk together and making a mistake.

5. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If they were to use non-TF line figures (like SW tfs or Marvel) they may as well give us a 4-pack of GI Joe figures repainted as Rodimus, Magnus, Arcee, and Springer from that Only Human episode in S3. That would probably be less rage inducing.

6. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Or a bunch of them dressed up similar to some of the humanoid Pretenders :) 

7. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

These, combined with a new Joe vehicle in a TF paint scheme, would make for an AWESOME exclusive. Or perhaps the entire Battle Force 2000 vehicle set, with the Future Fortress parts done up in a Fortress Maximus or Metroplex colour hommage?

3 3/4" Vehicles | YoJoe.com: Dedicated to the G.I.Joe of the 80's, 90's and beyond!
    This was the only link I could find to show what I was talking about, you need to scroll down to almost the bottom of the page.

8. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I don't see the Star Wars molds ever being used for the same reason IN movie, movie-verse molds won't be. what I would like to know is (with a new head) if the Marvel TF molds would ever be available? Anyone ever seen that Swindle from Iron-Man kitbash? pure Poetry!

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And here I thought it was a bad idea! :lol  Maybe if they did a cross-over con and merged Botcon with Joecon.

10. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    As difficult as it seems to pull off sometimes, you can't deny the Joe/TF crossover appeal. Take a look at the past two SDCC exclusives! Both Starscream and Shockwave as vehicles have done very well. Sometimes makes me wonder why Hasbro doesn't try to do more given they own the two brands anyway instead of forcing something unnatural such as TF/Marvel or TF/Star Wars.

11. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unless Botcon wanted to pay Lucasfilm $$$ to license the Star Wars ships, not going to happen. Besides, as noted above, most TF fans aren't big fans of the crossover molds anyways.