Official DCAU Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Optimus1986, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I have a question about a continuity in the DCAU, and since there are so many seperate threads floating around, I figured it'd be easier to just make one big semi-permenant one.

Did Hawkgirl show up at some point before Justice League? Because when she showed up in Secret Origins, Batman gave me the impression that she had been around for a while. Or was it just a case of Batman being the man and a step ahead of the viewers?

Also, I don't think it was considered part of the DCAU, but was the Superboy in Legion of Superheroes a young Clark or was he Conner? Or was it ever addressed?

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Justice League sometimes focused on giving characters origins, but sometimes they just sort of "showed up" -especially in Unlimited.
    The first character I remember just "showing up" was The Flash in Superman -although he may not have been the first.
    Maybe it was Dr. Fate.

As far as the viewer's seeing Hawkgirl, the first time was in Secret Origins although it appeared that the other heroes either knew her or at least knew of her.
    It was kind of the same thing with John Stewart, none of the characters were surprised at all that the Green Lantern was not Kyle.

As for the Legion of Super Heroes, Superman was specifically Clark Kent.
    They plucked him from the county fair at Smallville.

3. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

my guess when it comes to legion of superheroes is that it would be possible to retcon the series into the dcau continuity in a fan cannon/fannon manner of speaking

4. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

speaking of justice league is it just me or does it sound like green arrows theme is playing near the very tailend of starcrossed part 3 when hro talak and green lantern start their axe fight?

you can hear it right when lantern uses his ring as a energy battle axe and says

yeah you can kiss my axe