Official Brightest Day Thread

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Altercron, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Well Blackest Night is over and now we're moving onto Brightest Day. We've seen the rebirth of the Twelve in Blackest Night 8. We've seen a whole
    White Lantern Corps

So what's next? Looks like the rezzes are over for awhile (dead is dead now), so what else?

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Article about Brightest Day.

DC Universe: The Source Blog Archive BLACKEST NIGHT IS OVER…WHAT IS BRIGHTEST DAY?

I particularly like this part.

I have to say, Brightest Day has gotten me reading a lot more DC titles than I ever thought that I would read, including Birds of Prey.

3. Altercron

Exactly. If nothing else, its gonna get me started on some titles I've been wanting to start for a long time. JLA for instance.

4. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was planning on dropping monthly comics entirely after Blackest Night, but Brightest Day has me interested enough to keep going on GL and GLC (as long as Bedard turns out better than I'm expecting), as well as adding Brightest Day itself and GL: Emerald Warriors when/if that materializes, so I'm definitely picking up more DC titles than I expected. Along with a couple of Image books on my pull list now (Walking Dead, DV8:G&M), my comic collecting has jumped significantly post-BN.

Can't say I'm that interested in any of the non-GL BD spin-offs, though. Other than maybe Osiris and Jade, none of the resurrected characters really appeal to me...and I'm only interested in Jade in the context of how it'll affect the Kyle/Soranik dynamic.

5. Altercron

Justice League and JSA are going to crossover during Brightest Day and somehow or another Alan Scott is central to it.

So that's kinda GL related.

6. smkspy

Yeah, I'm not that interested in Osiris, honestly first I've heard of him, but BoP has me interested for why Dawn is connected to the White Light.

7. Scantron

News Credits:
    Wonder if that'll maybe touch on that "Origins and Omens" tease of Alan running into trouble with the Guardians?

8. Altercron

First I'd heard of Osiris was in Power of Shazam! dead issue.

Oh shit, I'd forgot about that.

9. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Not keen on Jade returning. As a Kyle fan and a big Soranik fan too, I´m almost sure this is gonna mess the pairing up. But it will provide interesintg stories.

10. Altercron

Jade is going to be in JLA. So, likely her interaction with Kyle and his Korugarian-*beep* buddy, will be minimal.

I don't like Soranik. Stay in your own species man...'s all I'm sayin.

11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Why? Color aside, she looks pretty much human. I bet she functions the same on the inside.

12. Altercron

But she's an alien...and red/pink/magenta/kinda orangy.

13. Scantron

News Credits:
    Jade seemed fairly keen on 'interacting' with Kyle there at the end of BN #8. But if she's in the JLA and Kyle's still living on Oa, that would reduce the likelihood of the characters meeting up much. But then, the dynamic in GLC is due for a huge shake-up soon, so who knows where Kyle is going to end up.

I have no problem with Soranik as a character, although I think she has gotten a bit derailed by her relationships with Kyle and Sinestro, but physical relationships between humans and aliens in sci-fi bugs me, in general. Just doesn't make sense from a biological and evolutionary perspective.

14. smkspy

As cute as Soranik is, she is alien. Though on that note, I'm sad to see that Katma Tui wasn't resurrected.

I get the biological standpoint, but I'm curious to the evolutionary aspect. Do you mean that humans are considered below all the species in the Dc universe?

15. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I think the cross over has to do with the Multiverse

16. Scantron

News Credits:
    I could have worded that better. By that I mean the improbability that two species evolving under vastly different conditions on different planets separated by immense distances would just happen to be physically and/or genetically compatible. It just doesn't make sense to me that Korugarians just happened to evolve to be compatible, in one way or another, with humans.

Granted, it could be easily hand-waved by saying that it's because The Entity created all life throughout the universe so all humanoid species are compatible, or something.

17. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

While Superboy-Prime was punching a wall and the Anti-Monitor was unmaking all reality.

18. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Yet. John had that vision that he and Katma Tui would be reunited when he first met the Blue Lanterns. Either that hasn't paid off yet or it was referring to Black Lantern Katma Tui.

19. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Or it ment they would be together again in the after life when John dies.

20. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Considering how little he's been used since Blackest Night began, they might as well kill him off.