Official Bleach Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Moroni Prime, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    Well, I did a search, and there is no bleach discussion thread. This series is getting too interesting for there to not be a thread on it.

I'm not positive where the series is at stateside on Adult Swim, I think maybe somewhere in the Bount arc. Lately through the graces of certain fansubbing sites (DB), I have followed bleach up to the most current episode aired in Japan. They are in second half of the Hueco Mundo arc, and I have to say, as weird as the place is, I can't see how it could get more awesome.

I can already tell that I have another favorite character. The first has always been Squad Captain Kenpachi Zaraki. My second favorite is an Arrancar, and member of the Hueco Mundo "Espada" rank 3 of 10, Neliel Tu Oderschvank. The way she hands Noitra his dignity with a side of mashed dreams and an ice cold can of whuppuss is just fantastic. Too bad her Reatsu drained so fast after her unleashed form. I just can't wait to see how Kenny (Zaraki) finishes things.

Anyway, that's my rant for this weeks episode. If you're a fan of Bleach, have questions about the show, likes, dislikes, whatever, this is the thread.

So...

Topic: Bleach

Discuss.

2. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Paging Skyshark....

3. Moroni Prime

News Credits:
    Tuesday can't come fast enough. I can't wait until Kenpachi Zaraki gets serious next episode.

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Oh yeah! I get so mixed up where the anime is compared to the manga. We are only up to where Nel is back to her true form in the anime.

and yay! a thread for Bleach! The thing I love about this series is there a little fanservice for everyone no matter what your thing is XD

5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I keep up with the manga, and after the fight with kenpachi, they go into a big flash back sequence that will probably last several episodes, then we may have another filler arc. Because they are still fighting in the current arc, and they wouldn't have enough to keep going with out hitting a wall again. The last filler took place in the middle of a fight and was completely out of continuity.

6. Moroni Prime

News Credits:
    well, in the anime nel has lost reiatsu and has reverted back to child form right before finishing off Noitra. Tesla was about to finish off Ichigo when Kenpachi blocked. it was episode 195. Dattebayo has done a fantastic job of keeping current with the episodes up to the week. around 12 hours or so after it airs in Japan.

I haven't read the Manga at all. Never really cared for reading a book backwards.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The manga is worth reading, if only to get the story as the author intended it. The anime has a lot of tricks to draw things out - the last episode for example had an extended sequence of Inoue calling out Ichigo's name for what seemed like forever. I'm sure in the manga that probably was about one page, with one big word balloon.

The anime is not bad, though. The early arcs were better, this arc has dragged a lot with the huge ongoing fight involving Apollo Granz. It seems to lack pace, which the first arc in Soul Society was a bit better on.

I've heard there's some kind of filler around episode 197, one of the post-episode shorts alluded to a character who's not in the manga at that point being in that episode. The annoying kid who lacks any decent powers, Hanataro?

8. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    The reason is because, the manga was originally far enough ahead that it gave the directors plenty of time to plan pacing and to adjust the storyline to best fit the animation, but believe it or not they animate so fast they often catch up to the weekly manga. So you get arcs like the bontou arc where it wasn't in the manga. These arcs can often be badly written or poorly paced, as their main function is to keep the story going long enough for the manga to go far enough for them to animate it again. It happened in Dragonball Z (which is why fights could go on for 20 episodes), Runoni Kenshin never finished the manga arc because the the show had filler for so long the audience got bored. Inu Yasha and Ranma 1/2 had similar problems. Fullmetal Alchemist had a different ending from the manga. Because of this common problem many new shows are taking season breaks after 12 or so episodes to give the manga time to catch up and so there aren't filler episodes. For instance Black Lagoon will be getting a 3rd season soon, after being on hiatis for awhile.

9. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

I really liked this episode, except for the dragged out Ichigo-getting-his-ass-kicked sequence. I mean, they made it look like Tesla had already killed him before he gets picked up and slammed around some more...

But Zaraki showing up was certainly unexpected! Makes me wonder if any other captains/ vice-captains came along too...

10. Moroni Prime

News Credits:
    One thing I've noticed about bleach... If you want spoilers, just watch the opening credits. You'll always find clues and hints of what will happen throughout that storyarc by watching the opening credits of bleach, every time, I guarantee it.

11. Lasbrook

Lasbrook Well-Known Member

This a million times this, and it could probably be said for any Shonen series. I haven't read the Bleach manga but i decided to do so for Naruto and the difference in pacing and quality is shocking.

And yeah, another Kenpachi fight should be fun but is anyone else kinda curious what Pesche and Dodonchakka used to look like? I know i am but it doesn't seem like they ever show even in the manga.

12. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'm just happy they're back to the main story.

The filler arcs suck!

13. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I was wondering why one group of captains stood apart from the rest near the end of the intro... :) 

14. Moroni Prime

News Credits:
    Well, it doesn't necessarily matter, as those were just previous masks. What I want to know is since when are masks replaceable?! Or for that matter, what do they look like underneath the masks?!

Another example of spoilers in the intro, did you know that Neliel Tu Oderschvank's adult form is shown in the intro? Yep, she's there, about a minute or so in, when the main cast is running toward the camera one at a time, all zoomed in. She's the last one shown. 1:00 - 1:02 or so.

15. Moroni Prime

News Credits:
    Hrm... a thought occurs to me. What if Hanataro and Nel (adult meet)? He could try hitting on her only for her to *bampf* into a kid again, causing him to trip. *FACEPLANT*

16. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Didn't happen in the manga, we haven't seen Ichigo for some time in the manga as well. No sign of Nel either. So after the Kenpachi part expect them to go away for at least 20 or more episodes probably more unless there is a filler.

17. Moroni Prime

News Credits:
    NOOOOOOOOOO!

They CAN'T drop off again. It hasn't even been 10 episodes since they restarted the Hueco Mundo arc. The Amagai Shuskei arc just ended last month. Say it isn't so!

18. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    They aren't dropping off, in the manga, the next part is a huge flash back arc, followed by a fight, Ichigo wasn't in either. The flashback goes back to when Urahara and Yorichi were captains. Then the fight doesn't have Ichigo in it.

19. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I enjoy Bleach immensly. Ichigo and Rukia are two of my favourite anime characters to come around in quite some time. Ichigo because he's such a damaged sort of guy but still mans up when the situation requires it and his Japanese voice is awesome, don't think much of the dub voice.

Rukia I like because she's so.......unique for me. Most anime females tend to be tall, well endowed and either very demure or at various levels of bad arse or short, well endowed and cute. Allowing for the occasional outburst of temper. She is shorter, hardly endowed and has a cutting sense of humour along with some funny idiosyncracies like her drawing.

I must however confess a certain fondness for Yourichi and Chad too, very cool characters.

20. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    You'd love palmtop tiger from Toradora! then.