Official bios and concept art for Transformers Animated! (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by General Tekno, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Heh...Isaac Sumdac looks....different. I figured he'd be a Kingpin-type character or something. And of course, Sari has a Pacman head. I can picture her going "WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA."

And the other bios are...eh, alright for the most part.

2. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    That's the first I've seen of Blitzwing, and I like what I see. Everything looks awesome so far, the only thing I'm worried about is the human interaction. If it's half as bad as the Unicron trilogy, I'll be sorely disappointed.

3. zeale99

zeale99 Active Member

Hmmm... Blitzwing Blackarachnia and Prowl seem definitely worth keeping my eye on.

4. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    Blitzwing sure gives off one hell of a Colonel Klink vibe.

5. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    Lance Henriksen voicing Lockdown! Awesome! And Megatron's Earth mode will be that helicopter gunship image from the video game that was online a couple weeks back. Interesting choice. Different, but interesting. Certainly better than his Cybertronian mode.

Overall, the bios sound great and the new pics look pretty good. I'm really looking forward to this show. Can't wait for Dec. 26!

6. Zress Tayasu

Zress Tayasu Axiom

"(if not a little off for lifeforms that use firepower more?)"
    just 'cause you prefer guns and mass destruction, doesn't mean you can't also accept the value of a close quarters thrashing. :) 

7. alexsaurus_rex

alexsaurus_rex Don't Panic

Can't wait for the Dinobot toys!!

8. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

The more I hear about this show the more excited I get.

My take so far:
    Optimus - a bit more on the Primal side or "War Dawn" Op, also some RID influence
    Bumblebee - like G1 but more with Hot Rod's recklessness
    Ratchet - G1 but with some added traits from Kup and Wheeljack
    Bulkhead - Ironhide's go get'em meets Hound's human fascination
    Prowl - he's Nightbird meets Mirage, with hopefully G1 Prowl's sense of logic

Megatron - a amalgamation of the best of G1, BW, and Movie it seems, cool
    Starscream - G1 with hopefully the more manipulative streak of Cybertron
    Blackarachnia - nice BW variation
    Lugnut - Demolisher inspired personality, cool
    Blitzwing - G1 in design but not personality which is a little diapointing, still this alternate personality sounds very interesting
    Lockdown - Sideways meets Def Con (Devcon?) with hopefully some Dinobot's sense of honor thrown in

Some major sweetness all across the board. Assuming Sari isn't too annoying I anticipate loving this show.

9. alien

alien Command

haiz...lockdown unshowing...!? but blitzwing is pretty cool...!!

10. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    I know nutzing!!

11. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Okay, seriously now, if these drawings of the Transformers are "AWESOME" then I wanna know what's NOT awesome. Seriously, the art can't get much worse here, it's near the bottom of the bottom. And you guys are all saying it's "AWESOME". So if this is what you consider "AWESOME" then what exactly do you to consider to "SUCK"? Southpark styled Transformers? Powerpuff Girls styled Transformers? Ed,Edd & Eddy? I mean really, what's bad in your eyes? Where is the line between "AWESOME" & "SUCKS"? Transformers Animated has re-written the rules of what's "AWESOME" & what "SUCKS". I seriously cannot believe people are saying this is awesome, it's screwin with my mind. Everything that I knew to be bad is now "AWESOME".

What the hell happened? Years ago you had to have skills in order to get hired. What happened to that? I feel sorry for anybody going to art school now. They're gonna spend $thousands$ on an education & go into debt & for what? They're gonna be taught that they need to practice, work hard & have skills & talent. But the tuth is, all you need these days to be a professional artist is an Etcha Sketch.

I'm not trying to start any trouble, my mind is just screwed up over this one. I spent my entire life learning how to draw, trying to get better & better. But now I see ALL of that was a complete waste of time. My entire life was wasted because you obviously don't need any artistic skills whatsover to be a professional artist. Just fart on an Etcha Sketch & BOOM! You're in! Welcome to Cartoon Network!

I know it's just a cartoon but at least with the original 84 cartoons like GI JOE, the artists had to have some idea on how to draw proportions & perspective to make it somewhat realistic. Those days are truly gone now!

They should change the name from TRANSFORMERS:ANIMATED to TRANSFORMERS:IN A FUNHOUSE MIRROR

12. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

So I should be as angry about this as you, since I'm a game illustrator?

There is a difference between amateur drawings, and stylized art.

Think abstract art.

13. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Cree Summer, isn't that "Freddie" from A Different World?

14. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    exactly what G1 personality did he have, really? kinda dumb, usually messed things up...nothing really exceptional.

ok one episode where he tried to stop the fighting for a second...

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Very interesting bio's. I like the new spin on some of the older characters. This also explains part of the whole Black Arachnia isn't like she used to be thing. Also, is the Lockdown picture working for anybody? All I get is a red x.

16. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Lighten up man. Some people like it some don't. I work in an animation studio myself and i've seen my fair share of simple, exaggerated and stylistic art being used for cartoons. Its just a trend for shows to employ it. Saves the animators a heap of time, retakes are less messy, and generally, the production can be rushed so that the networks get to broadcast it asap. After all, these people are the ones setting the deadlines.

And just because people draw like that doesn't mean they don't know the technical aspects and basic principles of drawing, anatomy, and all that jazz. And it doesn't make them any less of an artist.

17. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    works just fine for me

18. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

Indeed. I will even go as far as saying it takes real understanding and study to stylize/ play around with the proportions of characters that much.

Back on topic, no, I can't see Lockdown's picture either...

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hmm....could someone mirror it, or pm me it, or something? Thanks to whomever does that for me.

20. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    This show just keeps sounding better and better!
    Glad to hear some stuff about the other 'cons (other than Megs and Screamer), Blitzwing and Blackarachnia are cool but to me Lugnut is new kinds of awesomeness.