official bible of the transformers??

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by kindred187, May 26, 2012.

1. kindred187

kindred187 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    just saw the new video for WoC , the guy mentioned that hasbro was making a official bible of all things transformers? anyone hear about this or hear about a book coming out regarding the official history of it all??

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

It's called the Binder of Revelation, I think. It's for internal use by Hasbro and their partners and isn't likely to be available to fans any time soon.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I've heard of this. I don't think we're getting a book of it yet though.

With any big franchise - Transformers, Batman / The Dark Knight, the Avengers etc - there's always a series bible. A document created by the franchise owners / creators on all the different aspects of the universe, so that all the stories told by other writers in this universe can fit in with the general "rules" of the story. What Hasbro is effectively doing is codifying all the different elements from 25+ years of stories into a single consistent continuity for this point onwards - they're making the house rules for the new continuity, what is in and what is not. It's so they can hand it to the writers of the novels, to High Moon, to Hasbro Studios so they can all create stories which then fit into the richer tapestry of what is being told.

It's not a constrictive process though, I spoke with Rik Alvarez last year and he explained that Hasbro wants to tell good stories for their properties first, so inconsistencies in the overall universe are accepted for the sake of having a better end product, IIRC.

4. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We've known of this for a few years now.

Here's its wiki page:

Binder of Revelation - Transformers Wiki

-ZacWilliam, would pay lots for a book version of it. But I'm sure Hasbro doesn't want to spoil all their secrets. Maybe in a decade or two when Aligned is distant history.

5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, word has it that this "Binder" charts ALL of Transformers history, from the past stuff we've seen in the video games and novels to the present-day of the Prime cartoon, to far-future stuff that we haven't seen a whisper of yet. It doesn't seem possible to release it for public consumption without spoiling years of stuff to come.

6. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you read the Hall of Fame bios, you can get a general idea of what they're doing. Jazz for example, loves Earth culture and is a cyber ninja.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    If i could own anything in the world, it would be that binder just so i can post this info on the tf wiki for the world to see.

Plus tha Bidner of Revelations Optimus design was kind neat. I wonder if Megatron had a better vehicle design?

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Sometimes years later the bibles surface.

I've read the series bible for the original He-man cartoon, the re-invented Battlestar Galactica, etc.