Fan Art: Official Artists Contact Sheet

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Dreweido, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Here we go folks!

For those of you who enjoy sharing your art with others, working commissions, or trying to get yourself noticed by a somebody in the biz it's always nice to get your name out there. That's why this thread is in place:

Name:
    Title(s):
    Years Experience:
    Resume-worthy experience:
    Tools of trade:
    Stylistic influences:
    Drawing subject preferences:
    Artwork:

A run-down on each:

Name: - You!
    Title(s): - What do you do? Pencils? Inks? Colors? Letters? 3D Modeling? Rendering? Etc.
    Years Experience: How long have you been working at your craft. If you started inking only 2 years ago but was doing pencils 4 years ago say so.
    Resume-worthy experience: If you were making a resume for a company what would you include? Keep it to top two or three here.
    Tools of trade: What brand of pencils? Paper? Markers? Pens? Photoshop? 3DMAX? etc.
    Stylistic influences: Who influences your art?
    Drawing subject preferences: What do you like to draw?
    Artwork: A link or two to your galleries online showing off your best stuff.
    E-Mail: If you don't have an e-mail address you want to share but want people to contact you I suggest making an alt. email where you can then reply to trustworthy customers without givng away your address.

So for me it would go:
    Name: Drew Eiden
    Title(s): Colorist
    Years Experience: 4
    Resume-worthy experience: Fun Publications colorist
    Tools of trade: Adobe Photoshop CS2
    Stylistic influences: Makoto Ono, Josh Burcham, Josh Perez, Dan Khanna
    Drawing subject preferences: N/A
    Artwork: http://dreweiden.deviantart.com
    E-Mail: EDeadpoolica@yahoo.com

Props to KA for the idea.

2. Mr Ray

Mr Ray Well-Known Member

Name: Ray Mak
    Title(s): Character Game Artist
    Years Experience: 3
    Resume-worthy experience: n/a
    Tools of trade: Adobe Photoshop CS2, 3DSmax
    Stylistic influences: n/a
    Drawing subject preferences: N/A
    Artwork: http://mrray.atspace.com
    E-Mail: ray_1301@hotmail.com

3. prime_force

prime_force Prime Force Art

Name: Michael Bailey

Title(s): 3D Modelling, 3D Animation, Texture work, Pencil Artist (Mainly Character & Portrait Drawings)

Years Experience: Pencil drawing all my life (currently 25yrs old). 3D Work=4yrs, digital texture work=2yrs

Resume-worthy experience: Have mainly been doing 3d & 2d character Designs for random companys occassionaly and my own personal work of transformers mainly. Find it hard to find 3d freelance work offers here in uk though

Tools of trade: Due to being a past online student at the academy of art university (based in usa) i bought all my drawing materials from utrect art and still do so today. I use a high spec Tablet PC computer. Software i use is, Photoshop CS, 3ds max 8, maya 8, and many video editing software.

Stylistic influences:

Drawing subject preferences:
    Mainly 3d & 2d characters and portrait drawings.

Artwork: I have some work on my deviant art site: http://cybertron2506.deviantart.com/ You will also find more on my msn space: http://darkangeles1981.spaces.live.com/

There is more work that i have not got round to posting yet, so feel free to ask, thank you.

Email: primus_art@yahoo.co.uk

You can find my other contact details on my deviant art site. Thank you.

4. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

Name: Ger Hankey
    Titles: Pencils - since the beginning of time!!
    Inks & colours - about a year
    Digital Colours - about six months (very sporadically!!)

Resume Worthy experience:
    A bit of commissioned work over the last year. I'm also a fully qualified draughtsman and have beem working as one for nearly eight years (if that counts)
    Tools of the trade: Photoshop CS2 and the GIMP for Digital colours; Letraset Markers for hand-colouring; anything black for inks; a silver Cross automatic pencil my wife bought me for Christmas for pencils (its deadly, by the way!!)

Stylistic Influences: Geoff Senior, Jim Fitzpatrick

Drawing subject preferences: TFs & comic book characters. I'll give anything a go though!!

Artwork: http://gerhankey.deviantart.com/

Email: Ger.Hankey@hotmail.com

5. stourangeau

stourangeau Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Name: Sean P. Tourangeau
    Title(s): Graphic Designer, Traditional Illustrator, Digital Illustrator
    Years Experience: 12 plus years professional experience.

Resume-worthy experience: Please email me at stourangeau@earthlink.net for current resume
    Tools of trade: Besides hand drawing, my tools of choice are Adobe Illustrator and PhotoShop.
    Favorite Artists: Jim Lee, Mark Brooks, J.Scott Campbell, Micheal Turner, Alex Ross, Alan Davis, & Brett Booth

Drawing subject preferences: 2D Hand Drawn and Digital Subjects and Technical Illusrtations (Open for Suggestions)

Artwork: I have two portfolio sites for you to visit: http://hammerheadgraphics.iwarp.com and stourangeau.deviantart.com

6. wannabeGeorge

wannabeGeorge Art Mercenary

Name: Carl Peterson

Title(s): I do it all, but primarily 2-D. Pencils, inks, and colors (both digital and traditional). some 3-D

Years Experience: graduated from college in 2005 w/design and art degrees

Resume-worthy experience: colored some of DON's stuff for the last of the in-pack Cybertron posters

Tools of trade: trusty pencils, pens, markers, paints, brushes, wacom tablet, PC, and a Mac

Stylistic influences: Right now, I'm studying up on the Udon coloring style. I think it's the way of the future in comics ... although it's already here. I also love Alex Ross and a new guy who is currently working on "Uncle Sam" for DC named Daniel Acuña. But lots of others too.

Drawing subject preferences: I like to draw just about anything, but I really dig drawing something few other people have done.

Artwork: It's not my best, but it's on the web - http://wannabegeorge.deviantart.com/

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    name: KA

born: '75

job: architect by training but i'm an ID consultant/contractor these days

tools: pen, pencil, paper, work with pee-ess mainly

fave artists:
    TF: old school, senior, sullivan, w johnson, new school, alla these new cats, holla!
    non-TF: jim lee, mcF, sienkiwicz, old school miller, kev maguire, hughes...toriyama

likes to draw:
    cheesecake chicks, robots, parodies/spoof, superhero

8. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Name: Josh Burcham

Title(s): Colorist, wannabe penciller

Years Experience: 5-6 years

Resume-worthy experience: Colorist for Dreamwave's War Within: Age of Wrath, Colorist for IDW's Beast Wars: The Gathering, TF: Stormbringer, TF:TM Adaptation, Live Action Movie Prequel, various covers, Sony's TF:TM DVD cover, Misc. Hasbro colors

Tools of trade: Photoshop 7 & an optical mouse for colors. far as drawing goes, I mostly use Derwent pencils

Stylistic influences: Skottie Young, "Cheeks" Galloway, Geoff Senior, Mark Brooks, Don Fig, Joe Ng. The list goes on.

Drawing subject preferences: Mecha

Artwork: http://dcjosh.deviantart.com

9. littleiron

littleiron Little I.N.S.A.N.E IroN

News Credits:
    Name: LittleIroN (Kent Lin)

Title(s): Penciller, colorist

Years Experience: 3 years

Resume-worthy experience: few illustrations done for Fleer Cards, First4Figures and TCC's member magazine

Tools of trade: pencil, Photoshop 7 and tablet for coloring

Stylistic influences: Makoto Ono, Guidi Guido, Don Fig etc.

Drawing subject preferences: bots, some humans and cartoonies

Artwork: http://littleiron.deviantart.com/gallery/

10. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Name: Jeff Englert aka Primus

Title(s): 3D Modelling, 3D Character Design

Years Experience: 4

Resume-worthy experience:3D Optimus Prime model for Turner Studios in Energon commercial; Statue design for TWW Prime, Ravage, and Laserbeak for Palisades Toys; Fairly OddParents, Myth Warriors, Tokyo Knights, and PALz toy design for Palisades Toys; Beast Wars Megatron vs. Rhinox Battlefield statue design for First4Figures; Smart Bomb toy design for Creatus Maximus;

Tools of trade: 3D Studio Max, Photoshop CS

Stylistic influences: Don Figueroa, weewoo, Makoto Ono.

Drawing subject preferences: Transformers, Cartoon Characters

Artwork: http://www.trionstudios.com

E-mail: jeff@trionstudios.com

11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Title(s):Illustrator, Graphic Designer, Art Editor

Years Experience:2

Resume-worthy experience:

Tools of trade:graphite pencils, colored pencils, pen and ink(sable brushes, nibs, sometimes markers), photoshop, illustrator, acrylic/oil paints, conte crayon, pastel, charcoal, and alcohol based markers.

Stylistic influences:Adam Kubert, Neal Adams, Leinil Francis Yu, Brian Hitch, Ichiro Itano, Studio GONZO, Kaoru Shintani, Haruhiku Mikimoto, Toshimitsu Shimizu, Katsushiro Otomo, Masamune Shirow, Goseki Kojima, Will Eisner, Ed McGuinnes, Stefano Caselli, Duhrer, Degas, Da Vinci, Lou Drendel, Shoji Kawamori, and Hajime Katoki.

Drawing subject preferences:planes, people, mecha.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  12. MattMoylan

MattMoylan Well-Known Member

Name: Matt Moylan

Title(s): Penciller, inker, colourist, letterer

Years Experience: 1 year (drawing, inking, colours), 5 years in comics industry

Resume-worthy experience: 3 years working at Dreamwave Productions, currently working for Udon Entertainment & Dabel Brothers Productions

Tools of trade: Adobe Photoshop CS2, Wacom tablet

Stylistic influences: Penny Arcade, Jeff Smith, Matt Nelson

Drawing subject preferences: Drawing - chibi/superdeformed style characters (robots & humans alike), Colors - cell cut style

Artwork: http://mattmoylan.deviantart.com (everything), and http://www.LilFormers.com (webcomic)

E-mail: matt@mattmoylan.com

13. siekone

siekone TeletranX

News Credits:
    Name:SIEKONE

Title(s): Graphic Designer, Graffiti Artist

Years Experience:14

Resume-worthy experience: Various web designs, comissions, Illinois art fest, hundreds of tags on trains , walls, buisness projects ETC...

Tools of trade:Any type of material that can create art by some sort of human maniipulation

Stylistic influences: Honestly like most artists out there everything is an influence but my favorite artists are seth fisher, jim lee, mark brooks, cheeks and really any of the old LED HEAVY crew!
    Drawing subject preferences: zombies,mecha

Artwork: www.siekone.com

e-mail:siekone@sbcglobal.net

14. Optimus Prime Super Mode

Optimus Prime Super Mode Autobots

Nice Idea:

Name: Alex Gibson
    Title(s): Graphic Designer, 3D Modeller, 3D Texture, 3D lighter and 3D Render
    Years Experience: 5
    Resume-worthy experience: Sold my Graphics and Modelled for a Golf Course
    Tools of trade: Graphics Tablet, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop 7, Maya, Terragen and normal Hand drawing
    Favourite Artists: Dylan Cole, Greg Martin and a few others

Drawing subject preferences: Robots, Space scenes, Creatures, Animals . . . Anything really

Artwork: sphereuk.deviantart.com
    E-Mail: Alex.j.gibson@hotmail.co.uk