Odds Of Getting More Seekers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Feb 14, 2010.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Now that we're getting a Generations Thrust (which I'm EXTREMELY pumped about!!) what are the odds that we'll be getting even more Seekers? (Dirge and Thundercracker.)

I thought I read a post that said that Hasbro has said that we WILL be getting more seekers in addition to Thrust.....what exactly was said and is there a timeframe for their release?

THANKS!!

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i'd say its possible... and if they do a dirge using the henkei mold with the right wings, i'll buy two... i've already got my Botcon Dirge, and henkei Dirge, but a US release would be awesome as well... though i think people need to realize how the quality is going to be affecte, as those molds are getting way worn out... Acid Storm and the last starscream had floppy issues, i can only imagine what'll be happening with these now...

3. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I very much want a Sunstorm...that's pretty much the only thing I was hoping to see at Toy Fair that didn't pan out.

4. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I'd be very surprised if Dirge didn't get a release.

5. chugway

chugway ming mong ping pong

i'd put money on seeing all the coneheads, but still no general US release Thundercracker.

6. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I can see Dirge getting a release (using the Henkei mold) but Thundercracker would either have different wings or a different color scheme (G2 for example). I would be very surprised if Hasbro releases one similar to the Botcon exclusive (Starscream styled wings and fins with G1 TC color scheme). I do hope they release Sunstorm and the blue/purple rain maker though...

7. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    From what I have been hearing, Ghost Starscream was nice and tight. It is quite possible that Takara fixed the master mold.

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, i do too...

ah, cool...

9. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Very likely, but i think they'll space them out. Moldwise, i'm inclined to think they've tightened up.

10. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Not many people seemed to have problems with Acid Storm either, at least not as many as Henkei Thundercracker.

And that's not even accounting for the fact that Thrust probably uses the Ramjet mold, not Starscream. Even though the mold is similar to Starscream, I doubt they're constantly swapping mold sections in and out (or plugging, or however their factories opt to do that sort of thing) when they make a conehead.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    werent we told "more seekers on the way"?

If they're doing thrust, there's no reason not to do dirge and thundercracker.

... which probably means hasbro won't do thundercracker, and instead will do another new character like acid storm.

12. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, my Ghost Starscream is in excellent shape compared to the others.

Plus, Dirge will probably be on its way next year. Thundercracker is interesting however.... maybe they can release him in Animated Colors? He wasn't Dark Blue in the cartoon.

[​IMG]

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Since they're finally releasing the Henkei Thrust mold over here, I'll be surprised if we also don't get Dirge at some point.

Beyond that, the only other Seekers I could them giving us from the basic Classics Seeker mold, are Thundercracker and Sunstorm. Which, depending on the condition of the mold, might not even be possible anymore. Realistically, I wouldn't expect them to make more than two or three more "Classics" Seekers, and that's including Thrust and the inevitable Dirge. Even if they do make Thundercracker, it'll probably be riddled with issues. Especially based off of the last two uses of the mold.

More Seekers in general are inevitable. Especially with a new show on it's way. I also wouldn't be surprise to see them give us a WfC themed Starscream figure in the Generations line. Which would then have it's inevitable repaints.

14. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I think Hasbro are presently trying to work out whether they'll get more lulz from releasing Thundercracker or not.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think the chances are pretty darn good.

You've got demand combined with Hasbro being able to reuse a mold so it's a fast easy buck for Hasbro.

I even think that Thundercracker is not off the table. Just seems like there are still a lot of ways you could go with the paint that would look like Thundercracker while still being something you could tell from the exclusives.

Although at some point I hope Hasbro makes a new Classics style seekers mold. Yea it looked great when Classics first came out, but it lacks the character that the later Universe molds had.

16. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    dirge yeah, but thundercracker i can see being too close to the botcon version

17. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

We need:

Sunstorm
    Thundercracker
    G2 Ramjet
    G2 Starscream
    Purple guy from the Rainmakers

And whatever new characters they can create.

18. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    1) If I recall correctly, there's more than one Seeker mold.

2) The only floppy seeker I have is Henkei Thundercracker. Acid Storm and Universe Starscream were just fine... a bit tight on the latter actually.

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I figure Dirge is a decent bet, as it fits into the same category as Thrust. Thundercracker is a little tougher, being a basic repaint, but can be done if Hasbro sets mind to it. (emphasis on the "if", BTW)

20. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dirge, Thrust and Thundercracker would make me very happy.