Odds Of Getting A Classics/Universe/Generations/RTS-Style Scrapheap Eventually??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, May 15, 2011.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    What are the odds we see e-hobby exclusive Scrapheap as a regular release eventually?

I know he's pictured on Wreckgars instructions too..

What are your thoughts?

I sure hope he gets a standard release down the road.

2. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Botcon should shed some light on it in a few weeks. The interview in the Collector Club Magazine said that they designed three heads for Wreck-gar. i don't have it infront of me, so I don't know if that is three including the original, or three in addition to it. They also said something to the affect of "we hope to use them". It will all hinge on weather they update us on weather Generations will infact continue alongside the movie line of if plans have changed. Chances are we should know something at Botcon.

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Actually, the alternate head in the instructions isn't Scrapheap's head, it's a closer match to Junkyard's. Nevertheless, I imagine we'll see both retools in the Hasbro market. I just hope one of them has a color scheme similar to United Wreck-Gar.

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    50/50

5. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's the link to Junkyard.

Junkyard (G1) - Transformers Wiki

Out of all of them Screapheap is the most Troop builderish since he has no high personalty face and Its mostly covered.

6. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Yeah I didn't have Wreckgars instructions right in front of me. Now that I think of it, it was Junkyard on his instructions.

Thanks for setting me straight...

7. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hope this helps in some capacity

[​IMG]

8. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Oh come on now the odds are better then that. I'd say more like 90/10 in favor.

9. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    One of the Hasbro guys whose name I can't remember how to spell at the moment stated that while three heads were made for the sculpt, Hasbro has no plans to market all three of them. Most likely to me this means we won't get the Scrapheap head domestically. Whatever eventual recolor of the toy comes along will have the head pictured in the instructions instead.

10. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Hasbro fails FunPub won't.

11. ExVeeBrawn

News Credits:
    At that rate though you might as well just buy Scrapheap. A Club Store exclusive and especially a Botcon exclusive using that combination of toolings won't be any cheaper. Not to mention it'd probably be at least next year and much more likely 2013 before they'd have access to use that mold.

Oh, and another thing is that Hasbro rarely if ever does a straight up copy of anything Takara sells through an exclusive channel. You MIGHT get that head someday through some channel, but the figure as a whole will be different in some respect. ...which honestly could only help things cause DAMN Scrapheap is boring looking.

12. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I wouldnt mind if we got a domestic Scrapheap in an entirely different color. Cos my main goal is to get every color variation of this mold without having to use any add-ons.

13. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Most likely this. From the sounds of it, the 3 heads (I would think anyway) would be Wreck Gar, Scrapheap and Junkyard. When we get JY, who knows.

14. ExVeeBrawn

News Credits:
    Also, it was Eric Siebenaler. I was trying to check the wiki to confirm spelling at the time but it was taking a bit too long.

So far Generations is still an active assortment in Wal-Mart computers, so there's a chance of seeing some of the RTS remolds materialize there like Wheeljack did. That could include Junkyard some time this year still. Botcon will hopefully be reasonably informative to those of us looking past the movie merch.

Though to be honest, since every version of the Wreck-Gar mold has shown the same plastic issues so far, I'm iffy on how much I actually want another use to pop up anymore...

15. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

I think we are going to get an other junkion at some poine cuz lets face it hasbro loves repaints.

16. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

plus peeps are army building. would love to have more junkions. i also want a gnaw platoon. maybe more.

17. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Catering to a fraction of a percent of the market who wants eleventymillion Junkions isn't going to happen. That being said, I see this coming out, but not because "armybuilding peeps" want it.

18. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

a lot of peeps who do have it have at least two. one riding the other. that's already double what a normal deluxe would go for. it doesn't even have to be an army. its not as small as you think.

how many wreck-gars do you own

19. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Gnaw would be serious trouble. Both Gnaw and Wreck-gar were my last two G1 figures I got when I was a kid, and I would probably have to buy twice as many Gnaws as Wreck-gars. I would put a serious hurting on the stores.

20. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Ah yes Gnaw.... wish iGear wouldn't have cancelled their scaled down model :(