Odds of future MP Autobot Car releases?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Toyzaremine, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just wondering if you think we will ever get MP releases of the prowl/bluestreak/smokescreen mold, red alert (easy repaint of sideswipe), retoooled for sunstreaker, ironhide, ratchet, Trailbreaker, Jazzz, mirage, Hound, etc?

When does mp soundwave come out?

2. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:

Do you mean Hasbro releases?

Because a Masterpiece (Red) Alert was confirmed months ago.

Or did i misunderstand the question?

And this talk of Sideswipe being retooled into Sunsteaker needs to stop. NOW.

The same mold for Classics, fine. For a Masterpice line it's not., and an extensive retool won't cut it. They transform completely differently.

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    MP Soundwave will come out mid to late December.

Red Alert is coming out at the same time as Soundwave and is a Sideswipe repaint/remould.

Word is that Takara designers are well aware that Sunstreaker is a completely different bot than Sideswipe do he should be coming as a new mould not a remould.

Prowl is rumoured to be MP-17 after 15 and 16 which are Soundwave's Cassettes.
    From Prowl it would be a no brainer to release Bluestreak and Smokescreen seeing as these guys are repaints AND you get to remove a part (siren) so they are actually less to produce.

The rest on your list...we can only dream.

4. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks, didnt know of red alert until just know

off to get mp thunder. hopefully soon

5. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    A year ago a MP Tracks would have been really easy. Right now, Bluestreak/Prowl/Smokescreen might be easy, and because of the Lamborghini license, Sunstreaker, or even RID Prowl for thr skipped over RID fans is possible.

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    There are rumours of a third unique Lamborghini mould but it is still G1...and a Decepticon ;) 

7. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I forgot that Breakdown Robot was actually a Lamborghini. Must be lack of a classics figure.

8. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

Man, and there I was imagining a four-foot masterpiece Menasor ;(

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Not 4' but whatever 4 Sideswipes and a Prime would combine to in height.

10. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    To me with everything now being in scale that the MP line will be a big money maker and I can see there will be a lot of big name releases over the next few years it's just a shame that some licenses will be har to impossible to acquire.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I see no reason why not.

12. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

Do we know how well the MP line has been doing? They keep pumping new ones out, so I figure its a profitable line, but Hasbro have randomly pulled the plug on toylines that are selling well before and it is slightly niche once you get all the popular characters out of the way.

Nobody but a few obsessive collectors will pay £100 for a masterpiece Huffer or whatever.

13. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    a MP huffer wont cost £100.

and MP is a TT line first and foremost, Hasbro aint got jack shit to say abou it.

14. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The new autobot cars are priced at $58, which is about £36, so I wouldn't be too worried about the price. And those are Takara prices, Hasbro would probably be even cheaper.

If that's coming, I'm going to have to seriously consider if I need/want FP Menasor.

15. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

So the expectation is for them to keep the MP figures going as an ongoing toyline, rather than a few Special Edition figures?

I didn't realise the car formers were so cheap either, shame I'm more of a planes kinda guy tbh!

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    FP Menasor will be made to fit with Classics and will be completed by May 2013.

IF MP Menasor happens it is obviously for the MP line. And it will either get its start arounf JULY 2013 or January 2014. It all depends how long it takes 15-18 to come out (but I assume they will be pumped out quickly and 18 will be out by June 2013)

I personally think these two figures are not even in competition with one another. Add to that that FP's is estimated to go for $280. YOu can assume the MP will go for about $350-400. You can basically own both for the price of Herc and a iGear Ironhide or Ratchet. Then you consider that the releases will be spaced out and whammo, two beautiful Menasors. He is my fav scramble city combiner so two is not a pick and choose issue it is a dream come true :p 

17. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sure, but with the new focus of the MP line, and the lack of any good new classics/generations (IMO) figure, I'm considering collecting only one of the lines to save space and money. I'm leaning more and more towards the MPs, as they're making my classics toys look like... toys ;) 
    Besides, an MP Menasor would go well in a classics collection too, since the bots won't be too big compared to deluxes, while the FP bots would be smaller than the vast, vast majority of my classics collection.

18. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...I must have missed this discussion!?! That is excellent news! :thumbs2: 

19. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Tracks should be a no brainer. They've got\can easily re-acquire the Chevrolet Corvette license and he's as much of a hot car as a lamborghini. He's bound to be one of the surprise MP figures for next year or beyond that.

The ones that may be difficult\impossible to obtain are Bumblebee, Jazz\Cliffjumper, Mirage and Wheeljack. All the others are technically fair play.

And if they do pump out an MP Menasor, there's a Porsche there, so maaaaybe Jazz won't be out of the question.

20. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I would definitely buy a MP Jazz and Wheeljack. In a heartbeat.