Odds of an Energon/Classics Devastator upgrade set?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lbsammills51, Nov 21, 2009.

?

Oddds of an Energon/Devastator upgrade set?

1. Definetly, yes.

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. No.

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Maybe...if it's rereleased yet again.

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was just wondering if people the odds might be of an upgrade set for the Devastator combiner from Energon or the Classics repaint. A Superion one was made which makes the figure look so much better; I remember someone on here posted something on here awhile ago about the upcoming Protector armor for Hot Rod that an email from FP stated they were working on a Bruticus upgrade set (thought it wasn't stated as a definite forthcoming release). I don't know if any of that would mean a potential upgrade set for the Devastator combiner is possible, but since I just bought one (though not with an upgrade set in mind like I did with Bruticus) it's something that's been on my mind lately.

2. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I'd say it's quite possible. If Fansproject releases the rumored Bruticus appendage set, I'd say it's fairly likely they'll end up doing one for Devastator too.

Even if they don't, Yourreflection over in the radicons has said he plans on making a Devastator upgrade set in the near future and has already released a Bruticus set. You can check out his thread here http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/266590-yrs-robot-heads-corner.html

I'm personally hoping that Fansproject does release sets for both Bruticus and Devastator. But I plan on getting a couple of the individual items from Yourreflection as well to add to the whole set to make the ultimate "classics/universe/henkei" Bruticus and Devastator if Fansproject releases their sets as well.

3. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I don't think he needs one, when put in the right combination.

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mugen Prime just said everything I was going to :p 

But as far as fansprojects goes, I honestly wouldn't be surprised we'll get both kits eventually

5. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I think Devastator does still need an appendage kit. Yeah you can get some pretty nice limbs if you transform them differently from the instructions. I myself use those. But Devastator could definitely use some real hands, and I really like the articulated feet Fansproject put on the Superion kit. It would be sweet if they did a cement mixer barrel and stuff for Devastator too.

6. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    They should release a kit that helps you find Classics Devastator.

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

For a decent price, while we're at it! :)  Oh, how I mourn ignoring these guys when I first started seriously collecting and they were shelfwarming. :( 

8. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    I agree with the above post.

9. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    QFTMFT!!1 I had them in my hands more than once when they were on clearance and I passed each and every time. man how I regret that now