Odds of a DOTM new Voyager mold Ratchet

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OptimusPrimeFour, Dec 18, 2010.

1. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

After sitting back and looking at my movie (on screen character) shelf, I noticed we really need a new updated Ratchet mold... one that is true to his on screen cgi model. The original 07 movie mold just doesn't work for me I mean I like it but I know Hasbro/Takara can do better(coughleaderprimecough).

With the resent DOTM filming and pictures we see that Ratchet is now spotting a new white/green paint job that i actually like better, now does this mean we might actually get a new better DOTM Voyager Ratchet that looks almost identical to his on screen counterpart???

What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Honestly, I believe rather high. I have no reasoning or logic to back this up, it's just a gut feeling.

3. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I rather have a repaint of the Deluxe version than new Voyager mold.

4. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I think given the shelf-warmy nature of Ratchet, the most likely DOTM release of him will be a redeco of the deluxe mold in those colors.

5. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I have a bad feeling that the new paintscheme will allow/justify them to just repaint the current mold.....again.

I would much rather have a new Ironhide mold than a new Ratchet, but would get behind either.

6. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I'd be all for new Voyager Ironhide and Ratchet molds, however unlikely they may be.

7. OptimusPrimeFour

I understand your choice, the deluxe mold is good and a better representation of his character but I more into scale for display purposes so I'm hoping for a Voyager release.

8. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Man I would love a new Ratchet mold. The original is fairly good as a toy, but not too accurate to the movie at all. I really think the deluxe mold was almost perfect aside from the hip kibble, and I really wouldn't mind if Hasbro pulled a Cybertron Starscream and simply scaled him up to voyager size, with a DOTM accurate paint job, of course. The odds of a new voyager mold are probably slim to none, though. :/

9. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I personally like him in yellow (or Black & yellow, Night Ops FTW!), and really don't like his new color scheme. But I'll wait til I see his robot mode before coming to a conclusion.

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

The thing about the new Leader Prime was that there was no way to retroactively work in the Jetfire combination for the old Leader Prime, so they just made a new one that also has more movie-accurate gimmicks (two swords, Cullen-voice, and one version boasts the transforming cannon). They KNOW Prime will sell, so the profits could allow for the investment in a new mold.

But Ratchet...unless he does something major in the third movie that warrants a new figure, he's more or less locked-in as a repaint. Wether or not it's of the Voyager or the Deluxe is the question, although in terms of quality the Deluxe would be the better option since the Voyager is showing signs of mold degregation and there's been at least 5 versions of it (original, Rescue, metalic Best Buy exclusive, Desert Tracker, and the Night Ops repaints), whereas the deluxe is not only more poseable but has the gun AND only two versions thus far (original and the upcoming Rescue redeco).

11. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

The Character of Ratchet's principle weapons in the Movies are a circular saw and a yellow blaster carbine.

If he has an Axe I've not really noticed it in the Movies.

So the lack of the proper weapons is a good reason to make another some might say that Voyager Ironhide is a bit sub-par too due to some porr issues with Articulation and product quality.

Some people have pointed out over the years that Ratchet and Ironhide and maybe some other might be ideal to make in the Mostly defunct Ultra Scale.. I'd suggest that they have light up weapons rather than in the bodies so as to not compromise the toys quality.

But such a size seems ideal for such characters and might even be also an acceptable size for new versions of Brawl & Bonecrusher.

12. OptimusPrimeFour

I agree i think most of the core characters need a "leader prime" treatment. my fingers are crossed to see what TF3 DOTM brings! I hope that Hasbro was given early/correct cgi renders in enough time span so we get good toys of the new characters and prevent another "megatron toy" inaccurate disappointment.

13. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

The first release of the voyager mold did not shelf warm. The many repaints have for obvious reasons it has been redecoed 3. Rescue ROTF version and HTFD version. A new mold for the voyager ratchet would be awesome. I love the voyager Ratchet mold because its a cool figure but a screen accurate voyager would be awesome.

14. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Lets start with what we know; all of the returning characters with exception to Ironhide have changed. So I think the changes of the whole cast will warrant upgrades to all figures as new size classes.

15. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I'd love to see a Medium size Brawl and if he was repainted I'd love either that size as Tankor or in Urban Camo colours - that would look meaty.

But the other one who really need some toy love so I hope they make a decent Tank Megatron some time too.

Perhaps they may revisit the Movie characters toys retrospectively after the Movies have ended or if they have a gap after Michael Bay stops making them his own personal playground.

Personally I'd like them to make a Leader Megatron Tank re-make then they need to do that funny Mad Max 3 like truck truck (if it's a robot as is rumored) as a Leader - but only after the Movie has come out otherwise if Bay does not give Takara the full info again they will make a poor job of it.

I wish Hasbro had the will to make DOTM wave 1 leaders a set of 3 and one of them be Blackout or Bonecrusher...

They they can tweak (not remake) Starscream & Optimus and use the resources on Shockwave or Megatron to do a good job with them.

There's even an Argument to be had to make a Leader Class the Fallen.

The reason I think a Leader blackout is a good idea is he's ideal to make a store exclusive variation as Grindor at a later date or to sell in a special gift set box with mini-soldiers.

Image a gift set box with Blackout's base attack or Megatron in the Forest using new moulds perhaps with human mini-figures that are Human Alliance type figures.

They could even reuse existing Leaders in the same way too perhaps packed looking left or right so they display in a versus shelf display.

I just think Hasbro really missed the boat by not making more Constructicons - Longhaul would have made a spectacular leader toy for example.

16. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    im pretty sure that th voayger modl wil lbe an Repaint. But if u want an more accurate ratchet modl get the deluxe one

17. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    i always laughed that the voyagers alt mode is great and pretty accurate and the deluxe robot mode is better find a way to combine and..........................

18. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I can only judge off of what I've seen - which is that Ratchet doesn't sell well in any incarnation. Therefore I'd say he'd be more likely to get a repaint than a new mold.

19. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    yes but repaint of which mold?????

20. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I'm guessing the Deluxe Ratchet (and Ironhide) will be repainted as the "main" toy for the character(s). It seems a bit redundant to make a new mold when they just did relatively recently.

Now that I think on it, didn't all (most of?) the major movie Autobots just get new molds? Prime, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Ratchet, and Sideswipe? A bit odd for the 'break' between movies.