odd thread thing

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by MTME, Feb 1, 2012.

1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi,
    I started a news and rumors threads saying Transformers in Superbowl Ad 2012. I did a search first and there were no other threads or posts about it. Now the thread with my title is there but my post is second and the first post is timed before mine, but it wasn't there I tell you.
    If the thread was moved then why still my thread title?
    I would like a news credit for it.

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    When threads are merged, the mod doing the merging chooses which of the threads titles of the old threads to use. He apparently used yours, purposely or incidentally.

If Firehawc's post is before yours, than he posted it first. It wasn't fabricated to avoid giving you a first credit. You must have missed it, or it was posted in a different forum and was moved to the correct one. Either way, he posted it first.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Your thread was merged with another on the same news, so we did not have multiple threads on the same basic topic. Your title was kept as it was the better description of the news story.

Search probably didn't work because the other story used an image embed which the forum search engine wouldn't have read.

4. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok thanks for the explanation, I did do a search first and just didn't see anything that's why I was surprised to see someone else's post there