Odd Retool

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kup-is-Dion, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    That's not Scourge, or any other TF mold. They have never done that.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    That's not Scourge. It's just a repaint of the original Iron Man crossovers jet.

4. Kadrin

Kadrin Well-Known Member

I am wondering whenever I see these why thy don't get the TF team to make them less, err crappy? Was tempted to get them for kitbashing but there really lousy!

Compare Armada WheelJack to Car Iron Man and its the figure thats almost a decade older that sucks, and looks cheap and nasty...

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Because it isn't the regular TF team that works on the Crossovers, it's the Galoob team. Same reason the Titaniums sucked.

6. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    In fairness, while the Marvel Crossovers have a different "feel" to them than the Takara-engineered stuff, there are some SOLID molds in there. Cap-Hummer and Iron-Car are some of my favorite TFs molds ever, and there are a lot of other gems too.

The early guys were a little weak, and while I like 'em, I can't even honestly defend the Star Wars toolings (Exept DeathStar-Vader and ATTE-Rex, both of which are GREAT), but by and large the recent Marvel tools have been totally worth owning.

I have more Cap- and Tony-Hummers (That sounds soooo wrong) than I can remember, infinitely useful mold for all kinds of projects.

I doubt Hasbro will ever give us a superior Roadbuster!

[​IMG]

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I've only liked one Crossover figure and that's the Capatain America hummer.

8. The Crow

The Crow ARK BUILDER!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is that Roadbuster Kidbash kit still available??

9. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    No, they sold out ages ago, and KB even had to issue refunds on the last few kits ordered after the molds degraded.

I think I've got the last few in existance.

D/L

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, that's the Iron Man "combiner" jet that originally was supposed to be sold with a Spiderman helicopter that could combine into some kind of superjet.

I never saw it in stores, but I've heard that of the set, the Jet was the only good part of the whole thing, and even then it wasn't the greatest figure to own anyway.

The Marvel Crossovers line is for the most part underrated, as while the figures out of the package don't look at all plausible for a second, they are mostly SOLID as toys and as destrongerlupus's picture shows; can be customized into great-looking actual characters with a color change and a different head. Just, just don't go anywhere near the Thor/A-10.

11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tank Hulk is one of the best damned TFs out there, Crossovers or not. Just a spectacular toy, uses its mass efficiently in both modes, with a creative and solid Transformation scheme, great poseability, and a really fun punching gimmick that barely interferes with the toy at all (and is easily disabled if you absolutely hate it). The dude who designed him needs to join the TF team full time.

12. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, that a repaint of the original Crossover Iron Man/Spider Man combiner. Target clearanced them out over a year ago but TRU and HTS still have them.

Marvel at HasbroToyShop.com | MARVEL UNIVERSE TRANSFORMERS CROSSOVERS - SPIDER-MAN AND IRON MAN Item Details

13. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    YES! Was forgetting about him too, he is an AMAZING mold. The tank mode is "non-real" in design, which is the only possible quibble with it.

I personally also love Dozer-Hulk! Very sweet mold too, and I'm working on making him into Armada-Scavenger in a conversion that is almost too easy!

D/L

14. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

So the it's just a coincidence the arms/shoulders transform the same way as Scourge? I guess when something works that's bound to happen.

15. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No the only same transformation there arms share are the pop out fist. The rest is has no similarities in Transforming the arms besides that there arms kind of look the same.