Odd listing on Amazon.ca - Counterpunch

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by oneyouknowleast, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Well, that's the only other Punch/CounterPunch figure out there, so.....

2. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    There's not much point in doing that character if they don't do him like that imo.
    The funpub toy is a very good Punch/Counterpunch update. Why would buy another update if it's a step back from what we already got?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Unless this ends up being a better rendition than the TFCC piece (which I doubt), I'm keeping that one.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Timesynch

Timesynch I still function! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Probably because the Funpub figure was a limited release available only to those who subscribed to the TFCC and then fetched crazy prices on the aftermarket (I missed the boat on him and never got one). I had the G1 toy as a kid and had fond memories of it, so I'd prefer something that was a mass market general release using a brand new mold that better captured the double spy gimmick.

If it's a G1 Encore release exclusive to Amazon, that'd be awesome (stranger things have happened like with the G1 Hot Rod reissue for Walmart). A brand new updated Generations mold with modern engineering for the double spy gimmick would just as cool with me.

• Like Like x 3
  5. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A blue TR Chromedome with two heads ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Something like that could be acceptable. But it would be better if there was a way to alter the overall appearance of the figure and not just swap the heads.

7. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    For those hoping for a G1 reissue just because of Hot Rod, please note that Counterpunch is listed as a "Generations Special Edition Deluxe", just like Blast Off and Repugnus. So unless you believe Blast Off (whom we have already seen glimpses of) is also suddenly a random G1 reissue...

• Like Like x 1
  8. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if you dont mind ko you can always go this route, its not too bad and only about $20
    Transformation ko Punch CounterPunch figure toy-in Action & Toy Figures from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    :lol 

I'm out then...Will keep the TFCC piece.

10. Timesynch

Timesynch I still function! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd take any combiner wars limb that rotates the two heads via combiner pegs at a bare minimum.

I don't think any of the car molds look presentable from the back so I don't think it can work like G1. Maybe the Dragstrip/Mirage mold. I don't think the Dead End/Streetwise mold works from behind.

I don't want a a Head/Titan Master.

12. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no worries, youll have to weed through the obligatory "KOs suck!" reviews. the only issue mine has really is that he has trouble standing in punch mode (a flaw of design considering his legs were never designed to be stable that way) and he feels a little lighter than sunstreaker or sideswipe. i wasnt worried about him breaking or anything like that though

• Like Like x 3
  13. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Ok, so you know how I really wanted to get the Autobot Targetmasters in Titans Return, and how I was one of the ones who got really excited when it became apparent how easily TR Kup could be redecoed into Crosshairs? and then how I got really, really sad at what a missed opportunity that was?
    Well I feel like I'm going to be really miserable about how easily and how well a Generations Pointblank could become a Generations Counterpunch, when we're probably just going to wind up with a redo of PotP Jazz or something. I mean, just look at those chest and shoulder layouts!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  14. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That actually wouldn’t be too bad. To be fair with a bit of mild customizing you can get a decent pointblank and crosshairs from existing molds though 4DC5BFAB-F75A-4A05-8B61-4A8706F5384E.jpeg 451871EC-0328-4640-8798-8EC3C94A0AD6.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  15. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  16. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, personally I love my ko, tempted to get a second one so I can display punch and counterpunch at the same time

• Like Like x 3
  17. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What mold did you use for Pointblank?

18. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The base mold is cybertron blurr and universe swerve parts swapped, the head is titans return ptero, he has arms micron/United (not sure which) peaceman plugged into the minicon port on one gun and his thighs (for functional legs) are from a rid01 scavenger and the waist flap was donated from a tr twinferno

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 9
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  20. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OH my the features say he converts from con to bot! So punch mode confirmed!
    • Special Edition Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Figures
    • Deluxe Class Punch-Counterpunch figure converts between Autobot, Decepticon, and sports car modes
    • Punch-Counterpunch figure is designed to reflect the G1 release with 2 distinct robot modes and features premium details
    • Includes a special edition Prima Prime Master and comes in special edition packaging
    • Includes Deluxe Class Punch-Counterpunch figure, special edition Prima Prime Master figure, 2 accessories, and instructions. Ages 8 and up.
    • Celebrate the Prime Wars Trilogy with this special edition Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch figure. Featuring 2 robot modes (both Autobot and Decepticon) and a vehicle mode, the Autobot double agent was a huge hit when he was originally released in 1987. This version has been faithfully designed to reflect the original G1 figure. Plus, it comes with the special edition clear ice blue Prima Prime Master figure. The 5.5-inch scale Deluxe Class figure comes with a 1.5-scale Prima Prime Master figure and a Prime Armor accessory. Insert the Prime Master figure into the accessory, attach it to the figure's chest, and imagine Punch wields the power of a Prime. The Punch-Counterpunch figure converts from Decepticon to Autobot in 9 steps and from robot to sports car in 13 or 18 steps. The Prime Master figure converts between robot and spark modes in 1 step. Transformers all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro.
    This means my tss Counterpunch can stay as is if this has a Punch mode also interesting is it says it takes 13 steps to go to one bot mode and 18 to another.
    I'm generally excited for this figure.

• Like Like x 20