Odd character question of sorts...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by G1Prowl, Mar 18, 2008.

1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

I'm picking up Henkei Classics Megatron and Astrotrain sometime in the near future, and I have a bad habit of naming repaints that don't already have a name. My intention was to call the Hasbro version Galvatron, but after seeing the new Classiverse Galvy, that's a wash. So my question is, what would be a good name for the green Megs? Megaplex and Gigatron are so far the best answers I've come up with. And Astrotrain's original white Hasbro version will be suffering from a renaming soon as well. At a loss completely for THAT one. Hopefully some of you can help me.

And I'll be popping by again if I ever get around to repainting a couple Primes into the yellow and blue cab repaints of Ultra Magnus. Have some names I'm batting around, but don't know whether I'm any good at it. Probably be pulling the same stunt when I start doing repaints of all the random seekers that appeared throughout the different episodes of G1.

Tony

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Well, if you're after existing characters, then a screaming obvious one for the tank Megs would be Bludgeon, with Brawl as a possibility. The gun Megs... how about dying it black and calling it Browning? :p 

Ooh, and about the Seekers... you could always take a tip from Iacon City. They've got quite a lot of Seeker variants, many of which are inspired by the background Seekers from the 'toon. They're all named, and many even have bios...

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    How about Steven?

4. G1Prowl

I don't have the tank Megs from Classics. And if I were any good at the whole repainting process, I wouldn't be getting the Henkei stuff in the first place. I just don't believe in selling off TFs, so I wanted to rename. I think I'm probably gonna stick with Gigatron. Still struggling with Astrotrain....

Tony

5. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I would go with Megaplex or Megastorm. Both were essentially re-named Megatron figures, but they were also distinctive characters.

Megaplex probably makes the most sense, since he's a direct clone/lookalike of Megatron.

6. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    Just call the Hasbro Astrotrain Space Choo-Choo. Problem solved.

7. G1Prowl

Also thought about calling him Blast Off, tying in with the new Onslaught. But that doesn't seem true to the fig. I'll have time to rack my brain over this, I'm sure

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  8. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Oh, I forgot you asked about Astrotrain, too. You could go with Blast-Off, since it ties him in with Onslaught and since there likely won't be an official Classics Blast-Off release anytime soon (Blast-off's G2 color scheme, which is the one to which I linked, is already pretty close to Classics Astrotrain). Or you could faction-swap him and name him Galaxy Shuttle. Or Micromasterize him into Raker. Or, like Socialvegetable said above, Space Choo-Choo is also acceptable. :) 

9. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

White Astrotrain = Galaxy Shuttle
    Grey Astrotrain = Astrotrain

Astrotrain is one of my fav characters and I am so disappointed that I keep having to grab the japanese fig for grey/purple goodness!

10. G1Prowl

I know how you feel. The need for a decent Megs is what's making me spend export moneys in the first place.

Actually, we were discussing a weapon system we have called the Phalanx. I think that's I'll name Whitestrotrain.

Phalanx

Just frickin' cool...

11. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

I know the feeling here. I'm getting them too and it looks like I'm going to have to toss the Hasbro versions into the bin of unwanted repaints(I have quite a few).

12. G1Prowl

And what exactly ARE your unwanted repaints? I don't like to sell mine, I got no qualms buying them, though....

13. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

First parsed as "Hentai Classics Megatron", leaving me wondering what Takara had been up to this time.

Hmm. Starblaze? Arclight? Flashpoint? Blaze?

14. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Well megaplex or megastorm, maybe megaclone if you want something not used before for megatron, as for astrotrain I would say like his original name just take a word to do with each alt mode and put them together, I quite like star catcher, sky line, space rail and galaxy bullet is my personal preference.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  15. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    How about you just don't display the Hasbro versions?
    DN

16. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Let's see - for Megatron, there's a few possibilities:

-Megaplex (Megatron clone)
    -Megastorm (G2 Megs repaint)
    -Megabolt (BM Megatron head mold)

And for Astrotrain, what I'm leaning towards is Spacewarp. I believe that was the original name of the Jetfire repaint that is now available via the club as Astrotrain.