Ocular Max ReMIX RMX-03 Volture and RMX-04 Buzzard

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jan 22, 2016.

1. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Pretty cool set, and not too badly priced for what you get. I might have to get these guys eventually, maybe they'll do a Soundwave that can work with these guys some day. After I pick up their Megatron, I'm probably done with buying figures for the year until Christmas, but I might try and scoop these up if they're still around by then.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

These are a done deal for me. They look great and should be fun also. It doesnt bother me that they don't scale w MP because Jaguar is a lot fun in his own right. I adore the packaging and its fun to transform a bot from tape case.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NotTheFace

NotTheFace Lightning Strike

Nice review. I've been on the 'pass' side of the fence, and even though they look interesting, they don't look Jaguar level interesting. Still really looking forward to Rumble & Frenzy.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like these. I think it's cool to have a set of standard/real world size cassettes that transform into Soundwave's minions. I just wish they would reissue their Jaguar!!! I'd love to get this 2-pack set of birds, but without Jaguar, I find it difficult to commit myself to getting these.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 6rimR3ap3r

6rimR3ap3r Member

In terms of looks and quality (just from watching the review) they look really interesting.
    Yeah, they're too big in Bird mode to really scale well with Soundwave, but imagine displaying them as normal cassettes on another shelf in your room. Robots in disguise :cool: 

• Like Like x 1
  6. stormflash

stormflash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the panel lines and the vibrant colours (and your collection by itself,to say if you display them on a shelf in the same room as your transformers) would simply give it away :D 

7. beardy

beardy Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

In the last year Oc Max has released Hoist, trialbreaker, roadcrane, rally Terraegis, stealth sphinx and their Buzzsaw / Laserbeak & Cosmos are about to drop. Considering they are actually an off shoot of MMC, their output is more than some companies in general.
    Not sure why you get the impression the oc max line was all but dead dude?

I do love the Ocular styling. These guys look great and I need to get ravage too/

• Like Like x 1
  8. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Because ox qaulity is crappy most of the time.

9. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    As much as I like the Ravage, these are really a dissapoitment to me. Wings look weird, legs too big and the whole scale is just too big. It doesn't just have the mean Lazerbeak overall view to me.
    They should have just upscaled the original a little and give him more posability and detail. Let's forget these ones fast and go on the the Frumbles. They do look good.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cardboard Bots

Cardboard Bots Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

11. spot138

spot138 Proud Gee-Wunner!!!

Ebay:
    I still think the MP birds are great looking, but the size, proportions, and articulation make these guys look far more menacing, I'm in!

12. beardy

beardy Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  13. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  14. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

I Agree with you, but one good thing about it is the feet can grip/grab more things, such as your finger, or maybe on FT Pheonix forearm i imagine, which is how i would want to display personally, if possible. But yes, not holding anything, just sitting like that, it looks too long.

15. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

• Like Like x 4
  16. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like it. Obviously these won't scale with MPs. I didn't think Jaguar did either even though the official is super tiny. These are nice one offs that don't necessarily fit anywhere. But they can possibly scale well with upsized MP KO's or figures like Toy Alliance's MAS line.

17. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    I think OM Jaguar dit perfectly with soundwave. He looks so bad!

18. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think the feet are not as big as people make them out to be. Look at the image overlay of the Sunbow design in my video (or attached here) or the official MP Laserbeak's feet. In terms of size compared to the body length, Laserbeak always had long feet, and it's really no different here.

My only visual nitpick would be the upper "torso" portion which is an odd shape and not that accurate, but I like the added articulation it provides.

Scale-wise, I do think it's too big, but it's a limitation of the cassette size. Looking at the official MP cassettes, they suffer from the same issue except reverse; the birds and Ratbat look in scale but Ravage and Frumble all feel a little too small for me personally (holy scale chart be damned!).

EDIT: Also the balljoint on feet would not really be feasible due to diecast. You can't really work diecast on diecast balljoints or even diecast on plastic. The balljoints on the hips I think are the best compromise so that they could still have articulation and stability with diecast feet/talons.

~Paik

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  19. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:
    Nice job man!

20. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I think you are confused. I am not referring to the previous releases but more to their direction. I know about MMC's IDW Reformatted line and have several of the their figures (Spartan, Carnifex, Eupatorium) and love them. That is really their focus. They don't really have many future plans for the OX line except the Malum Militia and their Saltus announced quite a long time ago. I was just commenting that I think they have a winner in this REMix line. I loved their Sphinx but was disappointed with the other releases. At one point they were rumored to do Jazz and Sunstreaker. Backdraft was a good figure.