Octane and Sandstorm's friendship

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Funky Munky, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers & Trans-Joe

News Credits:
    Did Octane turn Autobot or was Sandstorm a traitor?

2. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Well Octane and Sandstorm I think both came from Paradron, Sandstorm for sure but I think Ocatane as well because how else would they be friends "old buddy term was used in episode" Also Sandstorm was never a traitor but Octane was a renagade Decepticons per say after he tried to steal Trypticon and use him to take over the Decepticons were in return Galvy put a bounty on him. So I think Sandstorm after Paradrom was distroyed turned Autobot and Octane became a Decepticon by choice but the two still remain friends. I hope this helps :) 

3. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

That made my head hurt, I need to watch that ep again to remember.

4. Backstop

News Credits:
    I guess that was towards my reply, Sorry I made your head hurt but im half asleep and its 12:35 AM. And to add I have been up since 6:00 AM.

5. Snowcat

Snowcat Animation Detective

Octane appeared before Paradron, though, didn't he? Anyway, it was supposed to be Blitzwing in that episode, following on from the events in Five Faces of Darkness, but they changed it to Octane because he was the new toy. Thus what might have been some interesting character development for Blitzwing was lost and everything was a whole lot more confusing.

6. Backstop

News Credits:
    This is the first I have been told of the take it was supposed to be Blitzwing? Please better explain what part of FFOD were this takes place?

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Galvatron kicked Blitzwing out of the Decept. ranks because Blitzy cooperated with the autobots to foil the quintessons.

8. Snowcat

Yeah, what he said.

9. Backstop

News Credits:
    I know that part but how does that explain Blitzwing was supposed to be in that episode we are talking about and not Octane?

10. Snowcat

From the Transformers Wiki:
    In the original script for Five Faces of Darkness, after Blitzwing's banishment, Rodimus extended his offer to Blitzwing a second time, and in this instance, he did not accept, but did not refuse, saying that he would think about it. The later episode, Starscream's Ghost was originally written to feature Blitzwing, but was later re-written to be about the newest Decepticon Triple Changer, Octane, although there is no explanation offered for why Octane is friendly with the Autobots. It would seem that this would have originally been Blitzwing following up on Rodimus' offer.

11. KARR

KARR Roving Robot

In the episode "Thief in the Night" Octane convinces Trypticon to work with him as a partner so that they can take fuel from the country Carbombya and become the new leaders of the Decepticons. This doesn't make Galvatron very happy, and he tries to have Octane killed. We know this because Octane explains this to Sandstorm when they're sitting and eating Energon at a bar in "Starscream's Ghost".

Knowing that "Starscream's Ghost was originally written for Blitzwing makes a lot more sense than just throwing Octane into the role. I didn't know that before now. But if you watch "Thief in the Night" before "Starscream's Ghost", you'll see that Octane is a traitor as well.

12. Funky Munky

News Credits:
    Who, what, or where is Paradron?
    I missed or don't remember that word.

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It's from Fight or Flee. A planet of peaceful Cybertronians who fled to escape the fighting on Cybertron, but the war eventually caught up to them.

Episode is home to one of the all time greatest Ultra Magnus lines too - "It's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Alright, give me the bomb."

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  14. Funky Munky

News Credits:
    The title tells me I missed that episode. Was this a beginning Season 3 episode?

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I forget how far into the season it is, but it's fairly early.

16. Delta Star

Delta Star <b>Reprolabels.com</b> TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow... I always just imagined Octane WAS Blitzwing. That we missed an episode somewhere when the Autobots rebuilt him with a more fitting Autobot form. I mean, jumbo jet and tanker truck don't seem very Decepticon.

But now I'm hearing there really was a corelation between the two characters. Neat!

I like the OP's idea that Octane is from Paradron, but the fact that Sandstorm calls him his "old bud" is completely negated by the fact that Starscream also calls him "old friend". Besides, I don't remember Sandstorm saying that at all. He did say Octane is an "Older model", though, which actually fits very well with Blitzwing, as Blitzwing was the only Decepticon old enough to sort-of remember the Quintessons in FFOD.

And Octane trying to gain power by stealing Trypticon is complete in character for Blitzwing. Remember Triple Take-over?

So everything fits. As long as you imagine that the Autobots rebuilt Blitzwing for his own protection, then what we have is a fantastic story arc that many people weren't even aware of, starting with Triple Takeover and on to FFOD, Fight or Flee, Thief in the Night, Starscream's Ghost and Ghost in the Machine.