2D Artwork: OC Character Lancer

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by illmatar, Jan 26, 2008.

1. illmatar

illmatar illmatar

Ever see on of those sci-fi art pieces with a big tough space-faring man in heavy armor...with a nearly naked chick by his side?

I used to get so furious at the sexism...until I realized the artists were paying women everywhere an accidental compliment. The guys need protection for their delicate skin...while the girls can handle radiation, laser fire, and the cold of space in just a bikini....and without messing up their hair no less.

Now then, Lancer is not exactly the lounging on the floor at her man's feet type, but she does do with a bit less armor. This is the exo-suit she uses to train the command staff in Maelstrom. It is designed to give her the range of flexibility and motion she is used to, as well as near human sensitivity through the sensory circuits.

The Autobots find it as disturbing as if she was walking around flayed.

Armor is for wimps.

The fanfic this character is attached to is at http://illmatar.deviantart.com/. They are rated M for mature violence and themes, (not slash) and you will need a Deviant Art account to read them. They are too graphic to post here. There are 9 black and white comics and approximately 4000 pages of text following that.

Attached Files:

2. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

hey small can be dangerous too

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Four...thousand?

That's a lotta fanfic. Figure something like that either pays off big or is a big waste of time, but it's worth checking out.

And the pic is cool. Reminds me of something, not sure if it's the actual image or just the style. It'll come to me...

4. illmatar

illmatar illmatar

Heh...this is true, but the suit is average size for an Autobot.

5. illmatar

illmatar illmatar

Heh...this is true, it is a lot. It pays off big for me - keeps me marginally out of trouble, but whether or not it is worth it for anyone else remains to be seen. So far only about 20 people on DA have made it through all of it, but their comments have all been positive. Unfortunately, I think people with criticisms are either too polite or too used to being accused of flaming to say anything. I've received only one so far, out of a little over 3000 hits.

Thanks for the comments. :)