Obtaining movie toys on day one experiences...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Liege Prime, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last night, I got to Walmart at midnight with my girlfriend, and I was the first to grab a bunch of toys they had just taken out of the boxes. While I waited on them to unpack some more, another small group of people came up looking for some. He told me he had 3 of each G1 and wanted to know if I wanted to buy anything from him. Anything I brought up he didn't have, of course. Anyways, he was a nice guy but he kept talking on and on. Eventually, I got what I wanted and got away. I went to the cashier, a young girl with a hacking cough, and when she rang up my leader Primes, BOTH of them, she played with the little automorph tab through the package while she laughed and said "I gotta play with them". She also played around with the cyberstompin' Prime. I grinded my teeth and started pretty much grabbing them from her as soon as they hit the scanner. I had been up since 6, so I was pretty dead tired. Either way, I proceeded to get up early after napping a few hours to get Robo vision prime from Target. Of the ones I still wanted, I couldn't find Voyager Megatron, non robo vision voyager Prime, and Leader Megatron.

So, I was exhausted but had a pretty good haul. I already got the deluxes I wanted, so totally I have spent about $300 so far on the movie toys. How did everyone elses day 1 hunts go?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Won't be out for a month or more. they're voyager wave three. some stores dont even have wave two (ratchet and blackout) yet.

The only movie figure I was after today was robo-vision prime, and I got the last one target had out. So I'm very happy. the rest will have to wait.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Atrocious. I wanted one thing, the TRU 2-pack of Blackout and Scorponok. Went to two TRU's, and they not only didn't have it, but despite being pretty knowledgable about their assortments, they didn't know what I was talking about.

Then I go home, and get an e-mail from TRU announcing their special twopack.

*Sigh* I wanted to buy one Transformer figure, and that was it. So, pretty bad.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Went to bed early-ish last night (like 11..on weekends I'm usually up much later). Was still trying to decide what I'd pick up this morning, so was thinking about that a bit. Had some..interesting dreams (yes..they were about transformers o_O ). Woke up at like..7 and got on the computer and came here.

Left for Walmart at like..9 something. Got there and went to the toy aisle. Looks like they were just finishing putting stuff out. Grabbed Barricade first thing (they only had a few of him and I wanted to make sure to at least have one in hand while I tried to finally make up my mind on what to get). Looked through the deluxes for like..seven-ish minutes and grabbed BB and Bonecrusher. Tried to find the voyagers for some five minutes and finally found them. Held Barricade and Bonecrusher in one hand (decided to go ahead and wait for 08 BB) and voyager SS in the other. Spent a good ten minutes trying to figure out which to go with.

Put Screamer back on the shelf and left a few minutes later with my Barricade and Bonecrusher.

I am damn satisfied with my decision as both are some of the best deluxes I've bought in a while, and Barricade may be one of the best deluxes I've ever picked up.

Just kinda been messing around with them a bit, and posting on here...a lot.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Ratchet and Blackout are wave one.

I actually didn't go out today, Monday is the earliest I can hunt, even then It's just the interweb hunting. No store dramatics for me.

6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I figured it was something like that. I wasn't too worried since they aren't exclusives and I knew they would probably be easy to find sometime or another. One odd thing is that I actually went to two walmarts- one had a lot of Ratchets and Blackouts, but only one of SS and Ironhide for Voyagers, and the other had the opposite (and this was there first couple of boxes at both places).

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:

8. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I went to the local target in my area and got voyager starscream and ironhide and leader prime. But while I was there I found the real gear first and the camcorder and booster toys so I put them all on one peg to pick them up later after getting some money from home, When I was there they has 4 voyager iornhide's, 2 starscream's, 4 leader prime's, and 4 voice change helmets. So the second time I went I picked up the voice changer helmet and the 6 real gear's. While I was in the TF section I ran into two fellow collectors ( A guy and a girl) who both had Optimus helmets in there hands and have been walking around the store with them. So as I was walking to the cheeck-out lines I ran into a old freind of mine and got into a convosation. So I got some awsome movie toys and meet up with an old freind. So I had a good day.

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Then I got it mixed up.

Odd, target today had Starscream and Ironhide, but no Blackout and Ratchet.

10. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It was a good day. I got one of each Starscream, found no LOC. Swindle, Barrel Roll Blaster (which by the way is my current favorite, it is toooo much fun to play with) and Robot heros Starscream.

I have my eye on Starscream doubles, Blackout and the Laserbeak realgear but those can wait for another day.

11. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    The Voyager editions of Optimus Prime (which is the Robovision release in an alternate color set) and Megatron.

Those, along with 08 BB, Arcee and Dreadwing, should hit retail in a couple weeks to tie in with the film.

12. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I was wondering when Voyager Prime was due out, thanks.

13. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

I went to Target this morning. They had just started putting the movie stuff out. Two hours later, they finally finished and I got everything I wanted. :redface2:  They didn't even have the displays up, so they had to put that up. The lady there was very nice though, and asked what I wanted so she could get it out for me. However, there was a man there who was helping unpack, and he was very rude. While they were unpacking all the stuff, he told everyone to leave so they can have some room. Then, someone said "We'll just wait here," and then he said, "No, LEAVE." I wasn't happy about that...

14. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    The first Target I went to had 1 guy leaving with a TON of the Arcee figures...he bought every damn one of them "Because they're females...and those always sell for more". I decided to just let him buy 'em all and not let on that they are going to be pretty darn common. So I got Hardtop, Robovision Prime, & Blackout. Went to the next closest Target and got Arcee as well as Longview and a second Longview for my son :) 

No sign of Skyblast...is that wave 2 of Target's exclusives?

15. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Went to wal-mart, wich is the only store in about a 50 mile radius that carries TFs. They didn't even have a spot for them. This doesn't surprise me for this particular store, which I believe is run by retarded newts. Doesn't make me any less annoyed, though. I plan to get to a Target in Columbus the first chance I get.

16. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    WOW, I wouldve told that cashier to stfu and stop messing with my stuff.

Sort of related, I'm an opener through and through but I spent like 30 minutes going through a couple hundred new ninja turtles for a mint set of 4 (when they first came out) for a friend, then the cashier grabs them by the top of the card and starts ramming them against the walls of the scanner....like in a manner that any normal person wouldn't even think to do in front of a customer. I told her to forget it along with what some might call some childish obscenities and just walked away :p 

17. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I got up early, I went, I saw, I bought. A LOT. :lol 

My poor wallet :cry 

18. al26

al26 Member

i got up early to and went to target hoping to get the robo-vision prime they did not had it i was so mad:(  so next i went to toys r us and and got blackout later i went to walmart and got bumblebee and scorponok!

19. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Went to Target on the 1st, saw a bunch of stuff. LOTS of basics (Hardtop, Signal Flare, and Arcee). Next to no real gears. Two Ironhides and one Starscream. One Brawl.

Ran into someone as I was walking out of the aisle who I noticed also looking at Transformers. He was behind me in line, I saw that he had the other Ironhide and a Real Gear, I think... I looked at him and said, "You too, huh?" He grinned and said yep.

That's about it.

20. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I got all the deluxes, the three target exclusives, and Robovision Prime. Next paycheck, Ill try to get Unleashed Bumble Bee and maybe one of the voyagers