Obscure Villains for TF4

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Overlord Balder, Feb 19, 2012.

?

Which of these should we have?

1. Lord Straxus - "Mercy is not dispensed here FOOLS, ONLY DEATH."

32 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. Overlord - "I wonder what sound you'll make when I pop your seams."

26 vote(s)
    27.7%
  3. Onslaugth - "My strategies are brillant."

9 vote(s)
    9.6%
  4. Mindwipe - "LOOK INTO MY EYES."

10 vote(s)
    10.6%
  5. Bludgeon - "Your warrior heart is tainted by an idiot's tongue!"

12 vote(s)
    12.8%
  6. Ratbat - "I have you right where I wanted you."

5 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I know these "[someone] for TF4" threads are getting excessive and sometimes even boring, but hear me out on this: What about more "Obscure"-Villains for TF4? Enough of Megatron, we had three movies of him, I say we now aim for the less-known fellows.

For instance...

[​IMG]

Lord Straxus, the brutal tyrant with a penchant for throwing people on smelting pools, brutal like Megatron, yet more sophisticated and political while remaining a ruthless dictator.

Imagine him on the gritty Movie-verse design, standing tall with his hammer/axe/pickaxe, voiced by James Earl Jones [or Ken Page, if they can't afford Jones], leading an army of loyal followers.

He's not patriotic as Megatron, nor he gives a damn about his planet, he wants the entire Universe on the palm of his hand. Nothing else.

But of course, if "polticial" villains are tiring you, then what about..

[​IMG]

Overlord, the main villain of Last Stand of the Wreckers.

As the leader of the Prison known as Garrus-9, Overlord has no objective other than bringing the slaugther to the next level, he cares not for conquer, politics, or the survival of his race [on the contrary], he wants chaos to reign free, he is Chaotic Evil.

Yet, he is polite and soft-spoken while he takes off your entrails with his bare hands.

It's easy to picture him towering over everyone while he slaugthers everything on his path with a subtle smile, voiced by Malcom McDowell.

But if it's honour and pride you're looking for, worry not, we also have...

[​IMG]

Bludgeon, a prideful warrior with a penchant for the supernatural, he seeks glory in battle through the way of the sword, he holds a unshakeable belief in the Cybertronian myths while he seeks his glory, a surprisingly religious fellow.

I like to imagine him lecturing Optimus about the true meaning of honor, voiced by Mark Strong.

But of course, some people just want to see the Decepticons again, then just replace Megatron with...

[​IMG]

Ratbat, probably the most obscure fellow of this list, obsessed with efficiency, he's like a madman CEO, always on a tight schedule, seeking the best for the Decepticon cause, a worthy successor of Megatrn's title.

I say go wild with the concept of a bat-tf, make him a nightmarish Dracula-esque robot, voiced by Gary Oldman.

BUT, If one needs a schemer...

[​IMG]

Remember that thing about Ratbat being the most obscure? I lied.
    This guy, right here, he isn't even a main villain, he is a background character who forms Devastator in G1 and FOC.

Hear me out: He's a mastermind of strategies, who prefers to play people like pawns to achieve his goals instead of brute strength, but when his plans go wrong, he flies into mindless rage, showing the full extent of his brute strength.

Prime-material [ba-dum-tsh] for a movie villain right there, voiced by Jeremy Irons.

However, if philosophical stories and mindgames are your thing, we have..

[​IMG]

Mindwipe. He [literally] plays with other's minds, he can trap you on your own thoughts, torture your mind until you turn mad, he seeks only to experiment on his subject's minds.

We could have a really nice Inception-like movie with him, dream battles and shit.

There's also a Thunderwing guy, but I don't know much about him.

So guys, don't we have a HORDE of possibilities to play out? Why stay bound to the same old villain for FOUR MOVIES in a roll? Bring a new guy, all can make very interesting stories.

2. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

My vote's for Mindwipe. I love mind games and strategy! It's better than mindlessly blowing up crap, but DOTM did have some excellent strategy...

Let the madness begin! :D 

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    If it means not having Megatron dragged out again.... give me OVERLORD.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    In before eagc7 comes in and whines something about 'No classic Cons, no movie'.

Some great choices there, OB-san - the one with Mindwipe and dream battles is the best new idea I've heard yet hereabouts. Such a scenario could even please the people who are sore about the classic Cons not being around anymore - Megatron, Starscream et al could appear as dream opponents.

James Earl Jones for Straxus = win, as is Gary Oldman for Ratbat (nice Dracula reference). I'd disagree with Mal McDowell for Overlord; his voice is just too high-pitched for such a formidable creature; Crispin Freeman using his Alucard voice, would be my best bet, as he sounds both cultured and bestial (listen to clips of him and I think you might be swayed). And Jeffery Combs using his creepy Scarecrow voice from the New Batman Adventures would be my optimum choice for Mindwipe.

5. megatronski

megatronski Primaris

News Credits:
    Thunderwing!

6. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    yeah but he cant fight. and if prime ever gets his hands on him it will be the end of rotf all over again, 90% bark, 10% bite. i vote onslaught. maybe this time we can have a more controlled team of cons with more character development.............. :lol  who am i kidding.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    You can always give him some sort of special weapon that offers him an edge. I mean, look at the climactic battle between Superman and Batman in The Dark Knight Returns - Batman is obviously inferior to Superman in terms of speed and strength, but he utilizes weaponry and technology that ups his attributes to match that of his opponent.

Alternatively, Mindwipe can serve as part of a team, with the other members supplying the muscle.

8. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thunderwing all the way! Or Overlord.

9. Overlord Balder

Thank you Natcht, I appreciate.
    Good point on SS and Megs, as well.

I was aiming exactly for that with McDowell: Dissonance between his brutality and his voice, just imagine McDowell very calmly saying words while Overlord snaps an Autobot's spine in half, vocal dissonance was my point here [as Overlord is always being soft-spoken and polite while he blows someone's face up, specially in Rotorstorm's case, McDowell's calm and soft voice would accentuate that even further].

Also, it was an Actor Allusion: Overlord is based on Caligula, a character McDowell played on an awful movie some years back.

As an additional point, it would make him stand out from the movieverse's "cold, booming voices".

Freeman's good though, far more fitting than McDowell [but that was sort of the point, as I noted above].

Perfect pick.

10. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

Who needs to fight when you can just mind-fuck people? You can make the greatest warrior kill themselves, kill their allies, or (just for giggles) make them prance around like a ballerina.

11. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

I'd pick Straxus with Thunderwing and Bludgeon as his lieutenants.

12. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    How about Jeremy Irons as Overlord? I'd be all about that.

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Ah, trying to strike a dichotomy. I see now.

Fun fact: I actually watched the uncut Caligula - twice. About the only thing about the movie I could honestly say I liked was the huge wheeled decapitation machine. If Overlord's lair on Garrus-9 is ever shown, I'd like to see him with such an infernal execution device.

14. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

I don't get why Hasbro can't put their foot down and be all like, "Bay you son of a bitch, you will make Megatron (or Galvatron) a badass again so people will buy his toys! If not, we want your money-grubbing ass out of here mother fucker!"

15. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Why should Hasbro care about Megatron when they're shifting Bumblebees and Optimus Primes by the cartload? :rolleyes2 

16. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Nacht, you could be my brother from another mother I think...

I saw the unrated Caligula years and years ago...probably rented the VHS from Blockbuster one night in the 80s, and about the only thing I remember was that machine. The thought of that on Garrus-9...mind=blown!

17. Overlord Balder

Natcht, we seriously should team-up and go to Hasbro, we would blow minds away.

18. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Insert brofist here.

The thought of torture devices on Garrus-9 makes me think we should bring Stalker in from LSOTW, too, to play torturer/interrogator.

Stalker (G1 - Transformers Wiki)

We really, really should. Fire up the bandwagon! [​IMG]

19. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Straxus and Bludgeon should both be in TF4, with Bludgeon taking on the Cyclonus' role.

20. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

Straxus or Onslaught ,James Earl Jones as Straxus is a great idea.Oh and Onslaught forms Bruticus with his fellow Combaticons ,not Devastator.