Obscure but intriguing TF3 Story...?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Brenttoo, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Brenttoo

Brenttoo Well-Known Member

After hearing a few other fans' ideas for possible plots for Transformers 3, I decided to throw one of my own ideas out there to let it be heard. And rather than write it out in formal script-form, I'll just pitch the general points. Here ya go.

After Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen, the first thing to consider is how the world would logically be dealing with the realization that aliens not only exist, but have been present on earth in secret and have even attempted to destroy them. The governent would most likely take steps to cover it up in the interest of peace, by playing the broadcast and public Decepticon sightings off as a hoax (a longshot that very few believe completely). A new sense of mistrust has begun to grow with foreshadowed disastrous implications.

But the center of the story would revolve around the Megatron, the Decepticons, and their newfound determination to simply wipe out the Earth (including the Autobots). After the destruction of the Fallen and the Sun-eater machine, Megatron believes the future of Cybertron to be condemned, and all his actions and plans are executed in the name of Cybertron.

Sam and Mikaela are engaged and continue trying (and failing) to lead normal lives.

The Autobots and N.E.S.T. team continue hunting down remaining Decepticons on Earth who've scattered after Megatron's temporary disappearance.

Meanwhile, Megatron and Starscream retrieve the Fallen's spark and use it bring life to their "Hatchling" army. These creatures are more or less mindless, and have the ability to transform into anything (living or machine) and can even combine like water droplets to form larger autonomous robotic organisms.

The final stroke of Megatron's plan is revealed. Secretly invading by force, and infilatrating world communications via Soundwave, he overwhelms and manages to convince a few hostile nations around the world to prepare for secret Nuclear strikes on the world's larger World Powers, convincing them that America plans on using the Autobots as a secret weapon for World Domination. Miltary and political protocols are pushed aside as more mistrust bleeds quickly through the worldwide grapevine, ridden heavily with plenty of Bay-born explosions, and quickly reaching a breaking point that could mean death on a catostrophic scale. All the while, Megatron's hatchling army, supervised by teams of other symbiant Decepticons, oversee the underground nuclear preparations.

America and the Autobots become aware of the situation. The Autobots (now a bit stronger in numbers with the arrival of a few other familiar faces), contemplate annihlating the smaller hostile nations in the interest of the greater good. Optimus considers with a heavy heart what such thoughts did to their homeworld, and convinces his team that repeating their mistakes on earth would be exponentially more immoral. When the Autobots fail to convince the US to pull back their preemptive offense, the Autobots make a final stand and challenge Megatron and the Decepticons to a final battle on Mars, where no more human life will be lost. Megatron agrees, deciectfully leaving a secret band of Decepticons on earth to continue their plans, giving Lennox, Epps, and the world's armies something to deal with.

On Mars, the Autobots revert back to their space-travel protoforms and enagage in heavy, all-out, acrobatic combat, with gravity-defying moves and heavy emotional scene language. At last, Optimus Prime, completely overcome with frustration, manages to best Megatron in battle, imploding his chest with a blast or punch, and breaking him halfway over a jagged piece of Mars landscape. Without leadership, the Decepticons are driven off the planet and out into space. Returning to earth, the Autobots discover that mankind managed to unify briefly enough to manage a counter-attack and defeat the remaining Decepticons, without Autobot aid.

Optimus delivers a heavy, meaningful omnipotent monologue.

Cue badass Linkin Park song.

What do you think?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Trumps ROTF, you ask me.

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    only one problem

Prime crushed that with his bare hands when he punched through The Fallens chest :p 

4. Brenttoo

It could be damaged, but still retain enough of that crucial original-Prime energy.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No no you see, it was pretty damn clear that it was COMPLETELY CRUSHER IN TRILLIONS OF PIECES.

6. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Fantastic.

7. Brenttoo

Well...then just playing Devil's advocate, lets say that one shard was all that was needed.

That was the case with the Allspark.

8. Brenttoo

Thanks. If you ask me, thats really a compliment.

9. neoprimus01

neoprimus01 Jackpot

i'll agree with that...anything goes in this guys head :bay 

pretty good script brenttoo

10. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    TFW2005 should start a board where people can post their story ideas for TF3

11. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's the fan fiction forum then.

Nice idea though, reminds me of IDW how the Decepticons amp up tensions between countries to let them destroy one another, so they can come in and plunder. It was in the first film too, when the Pentagon raised Defcon as they feared China, North Korea, Iran or Russia were behind Blackout's attack.

12. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

Not sure. Good idea, but my main problem with this would be that if the A-bots left Lennox et al to fight the good fight on Earth against warring nations and remaining D-Cons, Bay would over-emphasise (as he already does) the focus on the military and there would be loads of cringeworthy scenes where the military take everyone out without breaking sweat and having the A-bots there as back-up. It's bad enough in 1 & 2 but it would be ridiculous in this story.

I just think the idea of Megs and Prime agreeing a location to duke it out just doesn't go with either of their characters. Megatron would do more to betray them all, than just leave some D-Cons behind. Seeing plenty of D-Cons die before, he would rather lead them into battle himself or come up with another strategy.
    I think the Nemesis or Cybertron has to feature somewhere in the story.

Nice ideas though.

13. Brenttoo

Very good points, and thank you for reading my humble idea. Its a rough idea as far as what could go on and when, so the military could be arranged to be shown in a patriotic fashion, but not a superhuman one. That detail about the world "uniting long enough to defeat the remaining D-cons" could involve something beyond the military, sparing the audience those 'cringe-worthy' scenes.

And I suppose thats accurate, saying that Megatron would do something far more trechorous than just leave some troops behind, but the idea was that his arrogance would lead him to believe he could beat the Autobots and still return to Earth to finish his plan. Optimus would really have to make it a formal challenge for him to accept in the first place, implying the emotional level that Optimus has reached up to that point.

And Cybertron and Nemesis could easily be fit in with this story, involving the inclusion of the Hatchlings, and possibly a flash-back or something.

14. Brenttoo

I've got a lot of faith in a story like this because I think it really steps up the edge-of-your-seat factor, and its grounded in reality (except for the alien robot part).

I've been thinking about it and thought that the battle on Mars would be a nice way to harken back to the footage from Mars in the first movie.

And the intensity and critical feeling of the story would lend itself well to everything from a heavy score to a fast pace; all things characteristic of a well-made part three conclusion.

But, it also leaves open room for later possible movies.

15. JasonHills

JasonHills Seeker

There were some nice ideas for scenes I guess and the battle on Mars would be cool, BUT...

That's my main issue lol. They'd need that rail gun handy in quite a few places, let's say... everywhere the decepticons are coz their chances of defeating them are slim at best.

The humans are world powers who dislike each other but have Unified Briefly.

The decepticons are most of what was Cybertrons military force,
    I feel that the humans alone would be quite frankly, f*cked.

16. JasonHills

JasonHills Seeker

In what way because the beagle II footage from the first movie was supposed to be from 2003 and kept secret by sector 7, the new movie will be relased 2011/2012 and it would be nearly 9 years after the events of that footage.

It wouldn't be that relevant to bring back up because the events of that are already covered in the movie series of comics. They were only there because they were trailing Bumblebee.

17. JasonHills

JasonHills Seeker

I liked that bit it is a good idea.
    But still, even if the humans did unify, they would still get their asses kicked if there was an official decepticon ATTACK with no autobots to help defend.

18. Brenttoo

I know the bit about the humans defeating the Decepticons sounds unbelievable, but in the context of a heavily dramatic movie and a few other necessary story devices along with it, it might not seem like such a stretch.

I hadn't even thought of the Railgun, actually. I intended that sequence to be more or less symbolic of how the human race has strengthened and evolved with some help from the Cybertronians' encounters, and not so much a literal display of their strengths being matched against one another.

And as for the Mars sequence harkening back, thats again meant to me more symbolic than literal. I wouldn't expect audiences to say "Hey, they're on Mars again, like in the first movie."

The Mars idea is meant to be able to stand on its own. But if you think about it, the human race's first glimpse of a transformer came from Mars, so the ultimate final conflict taking place there might add a nice-tasting underlying nod.

19. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    drop the linkin park song and replace with Stan Bush and you might have something

20. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ

News Credits:
    There is one more slight problem. The Con's needed to get the matrix to get more energon to raise the hatchlings. When the Fallen died, no more energon.