Objective expectation?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rexidus, May 21, 2011.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Shockwave has always been one of my favorite characters designwise. He just looks cool. Always have and always will dislike him turning into a gun but his robot mode is fantastic.

Along comes War for Cybertron (yup, it's one of those threads) and he looks so freakin incredible in that game.

Thus my question from people who have more perspective than myself. Objectively, what do you think are the odds of them releasing a figure of that character?

Obviously it depends on him being in WFC2, and IF they are going to even make figures for that game.

But you're putting your money on the table here. What odds do you think he has?

(I ask because I keep seeing DOTM Shockwave in pictures and have the urge to get him purely because he's Shockwave even though I highly dislike the movie designs and his design itself does practically nothing for me. So I want to shut up that voice.)

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I also dislike the movie designs, but the video review I saw of DOTM Shockwave sold me on the figure. I've put him next to my United Megatron on my Decepticon shelf, and think he looks pretty good.

If the DOTM Shockwave figures sell well, Hasbro may very well decide to go with a Generations Shockwave - but I'm not holding my breath for it or anything.

3. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Shockwave is going to be a pretty high profile character since he's in the movie, and if he's in WFC2 as a major character or boss, perhaps the WFC design will get a toy.

4. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Frankly I'm expecting that his popularity helps him appear in the Prime series.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Better now with WFC 2 and DOTM (which features Shockles in a prominent role) coming up.

6. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm hoping that WFC2 gets a short subline of figures released under it's own banner next summer when it's eventually released.

A Shockwave is definitely on my wishlist of figures from those designs.

7. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

Man I would love to see shockwave in prime as well.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Shockwave's inclusion in DotM will definitely increase the chances of Hasbro making a non-movie figure of him at some point in the next two years or so. Assuming he has any part in WFC2 that'll also help his odds, and the odds of that toy being based off of his WFC design.

Shockwave possibly showing up in TFP at some point will help his chances, but it'll cause one to be delayed, so that they aren't on store shelves/pegs at the same time. Kinda like what happened with the Animated and Universe Ratchet figures.

Though if they do make one, I imagine it'll probably be a Deluxe class figure. They'll also probably do Starscream and Ratchet within the same line (those were the next two they said they would do given the chance).

9. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks for the replies guys. I really want to silence that little voice telling me to buy DOTM Shockwave even though I dislike how he looks.

10. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I'm hoping because of all this, Shockwave gets the amount of attention that Hot Rod/Rodimus got in 2010.

11. Shockwave69

Shockwave69 Supreme Leader

They better release a Shockwave for WFC2 along with Silverbolt, and a huge ass Omega Supreme, just cause

12. Underhead

Underhead Zamboni-bot

I really hope Shockwave gets some more toy releases, so I wouldn't mind the Movies if it helps his popularity.