O wrote a song for all Transformer Fans....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by HeartOfOrion, Feb 10, 2010.

1. HeartOfOrion

HeartOfOrion Member

I wrote a song for all Transformer Fans....

Hello Everyone!

I just finished a song about my most favorite childhood heroes, The Transformers. I'm trying to determine the best way of getting it out to all fans who want to hear it, and one of the search results was TFW2005.com.

Could anyone give me some advise as to what the best locations for "publishing" my new song will be? I plan on making a tribute video to accompany the song and post it to youtube.com and vimeo.com. I will also post the song on my personal website and other Indie recording artist sites like soundclick, reverbnation, and mixposure.

This song has been a long time coming, and comes straight from the heart. It's a reflection of the energy and spirit of the 80s G1 Transformer era, in the tradition of "The Touch" and "Dare".

Thanks for your suggestions!! Peace, O

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  2. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Psssttt....this ain't Seibertron, this is TFW2005 :p 

Your best option for getting exposure here would be putting the song up on Youtube and posting the link here. Can't wait to hear it :D 

3. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    Who's O?

4. HeartOfOrion

HeartOfOrion Member

(site reference corrected) .... In that case, I hope to have something for everyone to hear soon. It's going to be epic.

5. HeartOfOrion

HeartOfOrion Member

"O" = me :music 

6. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

7. HeartOfOrion

HeartOfOrion Member

"O"-boy, did I open a can of worms here!?! My misplaced keyboard stroke unintentionally hijacked my own post topic *sigh*......

One thing I am contending with (regarding creating a music video) is, what is a legal way to create a music video from Transformer G1 TV and movie content? I own the DVDs, and think it would be great to include visuals with this song, but not at the cost of breaking the law.

I am not familiar with copyright laws in the case of fan compilations. Does anyone have more info on this topic?

-----

P.S. I found a resource from the copyright office regarding "Fair Use" of copyright material.
    http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html