NYC Transformers Meetup on Canadian T.V. 1-30-07

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Galvatron1, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Galvatron1

Galvatron1 DECEPTICON LEADER

NYC Transformers Meetup on T.V. Show "Fanatical" 1-30-07

For those with access to Canadian TV, the Transformers episode of "Fanatical" will air on January 30th on TV Tropolis in Canada (check local listings for time). I guest star in this along w/ other NYC Transformers Fans. You will get to see a lot of rare, one-of-a-kind test-shots, custom painted, and extremely rare Transformers!

For more information on Peace Point, the folks behind "Fanatical" check out their site at: http://www.peacepoint.tv/

I should be getting a copy shortly after it airs. If any of my friends in NYC want to see it with me, just let me know! :) 

Donnelly

2. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll post a response as soon as I find out more.
    Someone in Canada, please Youtube it for the rest of us.
    They should also have a segment on last year's Botcon.

3. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Excellent, I've been wondering if that show would do a piece on the TF fandom.

After all they did some shows on IMPO some obscure shows I never knew had a strong fandom

4. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    cool,
    I will check it out.

5. Wajo357

News Credits:
    Still no word from the studio. Therefore, it is either going to be on Tomorrow or next week. Someone YOUTUBE it!!!!!!

6. Wajo357

News Credits:
    Ok... The studio said that it got postponed to either the first or second Tuesday of Feb. Sorry...

7. Galvatron1

Breaking News...This just in From the Studio:

"...you[r Trasnformers] episode will air next Tuesday night! You will be sent a copy via mail next Wednesday. Sorry to keep you waiting!

-Peace Point Entertainment Group"

What is Fanatical about? (Taken from http://PeacePoint.TV)

"Fanatical Productions Inc., a subsidiary of Peace Point Entertainment Group, is producing a 26-part documentary-style series that celebrates television fans for TVtropolis, a new Canadian Network launching under the Global Television Network family of channels. FANatical (working title) tracks down the most ardent enthusiasts and brings them into the spotlight, shedding light on what makes a TV fan tick.

FANatical acknowledges that there are all types of fans out there but we’re only looking for the fans that are most serious and that can have the most fun with it. These fans keep tabs on actors, characters, story plots and conspiracy theories, visit filming locations, collect memorabilia, create and wear costumes, connect with other likeminded fans and attend festivals and conferences. Our cameras are there to capture all the fun and enthusiasm.

Each episode profiles 2-3 of the most devoted fans and features one show-based event. Beyond the unique look into television FANatical provides through the eyes of its most devoted fans, we also interview friends, family members, and coworkers to gain a better understanding of the impact television has on the lives and relationships of our profile subjects.

FANatical also explores the ways fans successfully influence publicity decisions, casting choices and the production by lobbying the studios, complaining to the press, and forming fan clubs. They even keep the studios on their toes with their incessant scrutiny of script authenticity and plot line integrity.

The shows featured will be a mix of the classic and the contemporary ranging from obvious shows like Star Trek to the more obscure cult classics like Beauty and the Beast.

Upbeat and respectful, FANatical is a visually captivating and sensory stimulating series that delves into the world of television from a whole new perspective through the hearts and minds of the true television fan.

Fanatical Production Inc. is a subsidiary of Peace Point Entertainment Group - a Toronto-based award-winning independent producer of cutting-edge television content for the worldwide market. To date Peace Point has produced over 200 hours of television content with distribution in over 25 international markets.

© 2006 All Rights Reserved Fanatical Productions Inc."

8. Galvatron1

This just in from the studio:

9. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

So...is.......is it tommorow?

10. Shaun_C

Yeah FANatical airs on Tuesdays and Saturday so the Transformers episode should either air tomorrow or the following Tuesday

11. Mechamits

Mechamits Twin Turbo Power

It was a Buffy the Vampire slayer-themed show--probably a repeat :( 

12. Shaun_C

Oh thank god, because seeing this thread reminded me that I didn't check yesterday

13. Wajo357

News Credits:
    the studio wrote:

We just received a new air date schedule from the network and they’ve moved the Transformers premiere to next week, February the 13th at 7pm. I wish we had control over this but we just don’t.

14. Wajo357

News Credits:
    Attention all Canadian TF fans. Tonight should be the night the show is on. Please set your recording devices and upload it to youtube as soon as you can :) 

Thanks!

15. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    It was just on TV Tropolis (noon). i saw the very end of it. Now i got to tape it and watch it later. i'll see what i can do to get it on youtube, But I Snowplow and Ontario is expecting a 20cm to 30cm storm today. So if anyone else can get it post before i get a chance, Plze do

16. Shaun_C

Ben Yee's one of the featured collectors

17. Wajo357

News Credits:
    so did anyone watch it? How was it? Anything on youtube?

18. Shaun_C

I watched it, it was about on par for any other episode of FANatical I've seen. Were the the other guy who's collection was featured? If so you've got a NIIICCEE collection :thumb 

I'll probably watch the 10pm replay just for kicks.

I honestly don't recall seeing anyone videotaping BotCon other then the people from G4

And no, nothing on Youtube as far as I can tell. If I had the know-how/capability I'd have probably done it :( 

19. Galvatron1

it aired last night, anyone watch it or youtube it? I couldn't see it either, it only aired in Canada, & I live in US, just waiting til our copy comes in the mail...

20. Wajo357

News Credits: